FA CB, and could the Rams have 3 2nd round picks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

steferfootball

Starter
bluecoconuts said:
If Amendola becomes a Patriot I will have lost faith in this regime already.
By far our best receiver (sans Lloyd...and even then Lloyd doesn't have a good catch rate, but that is not here or there).

That link is just speculation, I didn't see any sources. I'd be depressed if we let them get him.

Additionally, they have Edleman. Edleman isn't as good, but 3 slot guys on one team?

....then again, it would be hilarious if the Pats raided the Rams Wide receiver supply. The Rams? Really? That is who you choose to get your wide outs from? lol

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:

My counter to that would be that Salas has a higher ceiling as a slot WR in the long-term. Not saying I dont want Amendola on the team, just pointing it out.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
steferfootball said:
...then again, it would be hilarious if the Pats raided the Rams Wide receiver supply.
+1

I'm okay with another 2nd for Amendola. Anyone know how far back the Pat's 2nd round selection is?

steferfootball

Starter
JdashSTL said:
bluecoconuts said:

My counter to that would be that Salas has a higher ceiling as a slot WR in the long-term. Not saying I dont want Amendola on the team, just pointing it out.
In fairness to Danny, he has only started one full season. I expected big things from him this past year with McD. It will be interesting to see how Schotty uses him.

It wouldn't shock me at all to see Welker-esk production from danny.

Plus our wideouts drop like flies, so having a bunch of em is good.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
It says we can match the offer, what does that mean?

I thought the 2nd round tender for Amendola was fair. Plus, it doesnt make sense from the Patriots perspective unless Welker doesnt come back, and he will be 31 when the season starts. Amendola will be 26, so now it does make sense for them to possibly prefer Amendola over Welker lol.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
steferfootball said:
JdashSTL said:
bluecoconuts said:

In fairness to Danny, he has only started one full season. I expected big things from him this past year with McD. It will be interesting to see how Schotty uses him.

It wouldn't shock me at all to see Welker-esk production from danny.

Plus our wideouts drop like flies, so having a bunch of em is good.

That was just my glass half-full thinking should the Pats get Amendola lol, and yeah I totally agree.

bluecoconuts

Legend
JdashSTL said:
It says we can match the offer, what does that mean?

I thought the 2nd round tender for Amendola was fair. Plus, it doesnt make sense from the Patriots perspective unless Welker doesnt come back, and he will be 31 when the season starts. Amendola will be 26, so now it does make sense for them to possibly prefer Amendola over Welker lol.

Basically what it means is the Pats can offer Amendola a contract. If he accepts it (meaning he could say no) then the Rams have a few days to match the offer. If they agree to match it, then Amendola has to play for the Rams. If they choose to not match it then he goes to the Patriots but we get their second rounder. Which is basically a 3rd round pick because they were in the Super Bowl.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Re:

interference said:
steferfootball said:
...then again, it would be hilarious if the Pats raided the Rams Wide receiver supply.
+1

I'm okay with another 2nd for Amendola. Anyone know how far back the Pat's 2nd round selection is?

#48 and #63

steferfootball

Starter
Re:

interference said:
Which 2nd would we get, 48 OR 63? Big diff.
I think it would be the lowest second they have.

...which makes me wonder, why not trade down in the second and pick up a sixth or something right before the deal goes through

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Re: Re:

steferfootball said:
interference said:
Which 2nd would we get, 48 OR 63? Big diff.
I think it would be the lowest second they have.

...which makes me wonder, why not trade down in the second and pick up a sixth or something right before the deal goes through

What? Why? Splain yourself!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If they signed him, and in return we get a #2. I'm okay with that.

But I think this is just fodder in their negotiation with Wes Welker.