F them Picks-Again?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Vibe? Again, nothing like Van. Rice is a kid who breathes football, plain and simple. It’s harder than it looks for an offense to have an off-schedule quarterback like Caleb; you have to be smart, have to get open so that he can see you, have to maintain protection as a lineman.

And even with that, when Caleb started to trust Rice, he was impeccably good.
Yeah.. I don't see it. Not a first or second round grade, imo.

And I've watched every game he's been in as a Trojan.

But, who knows?

He body catches a ton and has long strides.. doesn't seem to do much with the technical part of route-running. Maybe that was coaching.

Definitely got size-speed stuff.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Vibe? Again, nothing like Van. Rice is a kid who breathes football, plain and simple. It’s harder than it looks for an offense to have an off-schedule quarterback like Caleb; you have to be smart, have to get open so that he can see you, have to maintain protection as a lineman.

And even with that, when Caleb started to trust Rice, he was impeccably good.
He’s getting a lot of attention at the SB.
People talking about him as a high day 2 pick.
You may be right here.

Also just glad Taj Washington is lighting it up. Like him in the 5th.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If I’m taking a wide receiver with a first, he’d be Brenden Rice. Yes, he’s Jerry’s kid. No, I don’t give a fuck; that kid is gonna be a stud, and would fit our roster so well.

No way I’m touching him in the first.

Bottom of the first you’re talking taking Rice over the likes of Brian Thomas Jr, Xavier Legette, Troy Franklin, Adonai Mitchell, and Xavier Worthy?

Didn’t we try that with Brian Quick? No thanks. I don’t care who his dad is. I’ve watched him play. He is a physical freak, but he is nowhere near his pops when it comes to football.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Harrison Jr
Nabers
Odunze
Coleman
Franklin
Thomas
Legette
A Mitchell
McConkey
Worthy
Walker
Polk

All better than Rice and not all them are going in the first. Last 5 maybe 2nd round if not the last 7 or 8.

Burton
Pearsall
Wilson x2
Pearsall
Corely

All in there with Rice in the next group and doubt all them and he go in the 2nd round. This is of course just my opinion and obviously isn't a scientific list but I cannot see any world in which Rice is a 1st round pick and it's possible he's a 2nd but I don't think that many WR's go in the first 2 rounds for him to get into the 2nd. I think he's a 3rd round WR. And I like the kid a lot.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh man though, could you imagine the poetic justice if Rice had to watch his kid become a superstar
As a Ram??

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Oh man though, could you imagine the poetic justice if Rice had to watch his kid become a superstar
As a Ram??

It always depends on where you're drafted. Jerry Rice could have been drafted by the Browns and never had a chance to be in the HOF.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It always depends on where you're drafted. Jerry Rice could have been drafted by the Browns and never had a chance to be in the HOF.
Who knows ?? Bruce finished his career as a 9er. Nice to see if Tory Holt gets in.

The Browns had some good players.Watching Cooper play there in Cleveland only makes me don’t your take of Jerry Rice.

Puka is only 22 years old & being mentored by Kupp.In think that relationship is what really helped him have such a GREAT rookie season. Taylor for the 8ers helped Rice in the way Holt helped Bruce.I wonder what part Faulk or 33 (44) (9er) Roger Craig played a roll with them as well.

Stafford was teaching Puka routes when his wife opened her mouth.I think playing with young players inspired him.Bennett was the guy I don’t think Stafford understood & maybe even Ripen for partying on a few occasions.What happened after that shows.

Akers & Jefferson? WOW- Add Terrel Lewis to that 2020 draft &
any Draft picks were worth it.
A 6th & 7th rounder ?

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
on top of the hype what if he went to the whinners and became rice senior. that would bring about barff

oldnotdead

Legend
I honestly feel that 2024 will be the last year for Stafford, Donald and Kupp.

It's why I think they will trade up in the first round for the next QB1 to get McVay's choice of QB. Day two will be very important with CB, OT and edge probably in their plans for the day. I think they will hope to hit gold again in the 5th round on a WR. They don't have a 4th round pick because of the Dotson trade but they do have 3 in the 5th round.

Yeah this will be an interesting draft.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I honestly feel that 2024 will be the last year for Stafford, Donald and Kupp.

It's why I think they will trade up in the first round for the next QB1 to get McVay's choice of QB. Day two will be very important with CB, OT and edge probably in their plans for the day. I think they will hope to hit gold again in the 5th round on a WR. They don't have a 4th round pick because of the Dotson trade but they do have 3 in the 5th round.

Yeah this will be an interesting draft.
AD’s final year…? I could see that.

Stafford’s and Kupp’s…? No. Not unless they have additional injury issues that accelerate their retirement.

I neither expect nor want a trade up for a QB.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
The Rams NEED to keep the pick and draft Cooper DeJean.

Yes, I'm being completely bias.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AD’s final year…? I could see that.

Stafford’s and Kupp’s…? No. Not unless they have additional injury issues that accelerate their retirement.

I neither expect nor want a trade up for a QB.
I think a lot of it will depend on how the Rams do in 2024. If we win it, I see Donald and Kupp retiring, and maybe Stafford too. If they are close, but no cigar, then I could see one last run in 2025.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I think a lot of it will depend on how the Rams do in 2024. If we win it, I see Donald and Kupp retiring, and maybe Stafford too. If they are close, but no cigar, then I could see one last run in 2025.
Kupp and Stafford would be leaving a lot of money on the table. I don’t see them doing that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
There will be many good options at the top of this draft. I don’t think they need to F those picks this year.

options that should still be on the draft board at 19 - WR, Center/Guard, OLT, Cornerback.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The Rams NEED to keep the pick and draft Cooper DeJean.

Yes, I'm being completely bias.
We had the last white cornerback in the NFL playing safety for us. We will have the next white cornerback in the NFL playing safety for us!

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
The way Stafford played this year, I am convinced that the Rams' Super Bowl window is open for as long as #9 wants to stick around and can stay healthy. Losing AD99 will be devastating, if he hangs them up soon. But it is an offensive league. You can win a Super Bowl with a defence that does not have a stud like Aaron Donald on it. It happens almost every year. Kupp? Another huge loss. But he took a step back this year - due to health IMO, and I suspect he will bounce back strong in 2024 - and the offense was still dangerous. it really does come down to Stafford and the Rams' abiltiy to protect him IMO. And let's not forgot. As much as losing Kupp and Donald will hurt, they also will free up big cap space when gone.

I would 100% support trading our picks and taking some big swings to go all-in again, even as early as this upcoming season, before the window for this core closes. But we should wait and see how the upcoming season unfolds first. Make a splash move in-season, if we look like contenders, similar to how we acquired Ramsey and Cooks and Peters and Watkins in-season. At this point, I do not consider our roster strong enough on paper to just assume we will be a legit Super Bowl contenders and go all out in the off-season. If we can hit it out of the park this off-season, like we did last year with another strong draft and augment that with some good free agent signings, 2025 seems like a better time to do that.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Now that we know Shula is the DC, I’d wager heavily that our draft starts out with Edge/CB/LB/S as most of our early picks. Sprinkle in a RB, WR and OC and I’m good.

methomas50

Rookie
No. Continue the youth movement. With the amount of picks they have, the team could move around and fill many holes. To have at least four players make an impact should be the goal.