Ezekiel Elliott wants to be more like Marshall Faulk

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nts-to-follow-in-marshall-faulks-cleat-marks/

Ezekiel Elliott wants to follow in Marshall Faulk’s cleat marks
Posted by Charean Williams on June 21, 2017

108852287.jpg
Getty Images

Ezekiel Elliott wants to be more like Marshall Faulk.

The Cowboys running back, who led the league in rushing as a rookie, wants his growth to follow that of Faulk. Elliott calls the Hall of Famer a complete running back.

“With now being more comfortable in this offense and not really worrying about having to learn what I have to do, I kind of want to grow more as an overall player,” Elliott said, via Matt Mosley and Ed Werder in The Doomsday Podcast.

“One of the guys I looked up to growing up playing football was Marshall Faulk. You hear stories about him about how he was kind of like a second quarterback back there with Kurt Warner. So this offseason, I’ve just been focusing on kind of learning the offense outside of roles.

I’m just kind of being able to be back there and be helpful to Dak [Prescott] and just kind of … learning what everyone else is doing and how I fit into my job.”

A big storyline this offseason has been the Cowboys’ intention to use Elliott more in the passing game. Elliott had only 32 catches for 363 yards and a touchdown last season.

Faulk caught 52 passes for 522 yards and a touchdown in his rookie season of 1994. In a five-year stretch from 1998, his final season in Indianapolis, to 2002, Faulk averaged 83 catches per season.

“For sure I think I can [do that],” Elliott said. “Just when you follow Marshall Faulk’s career you see in his earlier career he was definitely involved in the passing game, but he was more of a guy who kind of got grinded down.

He had a lot of carries and really rushed for great numbers when he was in Indianapolis, and then kind of as he got older, he grew more as a player. I just like the fact that he was a guy who was great in all aspects of the game.”

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Of course Elliott wants to follow in Faulk's footsteps: he's from St. Louis.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I've met Marshall Faulk, and Zeekee baby, you're no Marshall Faulk.

You might maybe could be, but I'd slow your roll.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, for you to be like Marshall Faulk you'd have to wear out your welcome in Dallas and get traded to the Rams for cheap....then win a Super Bowl.......Ok, I'll let you.

Last edited:

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
You know what would be amazing... if both Dak and Zeke have huge sophomore slumps.

Better yet... maybe last year was just a fluke where defenses had no time to gameplan... It happens all the time.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
You know what would be amazing... if both Dak and Zeke have huge sophomore slumps.

Better yet... maybe last year was just a fluke where defenses had no time to gameplan... It happens all the time.
Ain't going to happen. Dak and Zeke are the real deal. Are we winning 13 games? Doubtful, but it won't be because of our offense. We had the best rookie year of any QB in Dak, best RB, and Beasley was the #1 slot receiver. Now cue all the "Dak is nothing without that offensive line" excuses that the fans use when they can't handle Dak being a stud.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now cue all the "Dak is nothing without that offensive line" excuses that the fans use when they can't handle Dak being a stud.

It's not an excuse it's a fact. It's not that EE and Dak would be nothing but any football fan knows the O-line is what makes QB's, RB's and WR's click.

The Cowboys have the best O-line in the NFL, imo. Good for you guys. But how would Dak and EE have done if they would have had the Rams O-line in front of them? If they would have done the same, then you could call them studs.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Ain't going to happen. Dak and Zeke are the real deal. Are we winning 13 games? Doubtful, but it won't be because of our offense. We had the best rookie year of any QB in Dak, best RB, and Beasley was the #1 slot receiver. Now cue all the "Dak is nothing without that offensive line" excuses that the fans use when they can't handle Dak being a stud.

You can be the real deal and still have sophomore slumps. It happens all of the time. I wouldn't scoff at it.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
It's sad the team I most detest is the one that has best figured out the incredible value of building a dominant OL.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yeah I guess everybody wants to be a Superbowl winner and Hall of Famer.

ME TOO! :D

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
If Elliot wants to be more like Marshall Faulk he needs to stop ripping women's blouses open for starters.

tbux

Rookie
Different players- Zeke had the best Oline in the NFL- and he is very good on top of that. But he doesn't have MF's skill set IMO- Marshall was a rare breed, one of the best ever as a complete player- and football smarts off the charts. He has a long way to go to get there - esp as a receiver. Like his ambition - have to respect that- but MF was as good as it gets.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It's not an excuse it's a fact. It's not that EE and Dak would be nothing but any football fan knows the O-line is what makes QB's, RB's and WR's click.

The Cowboys have the best O-line in the NFL, imo. Good for you guys. But how would Dak and EE have done if they would have had the Rams O-line in front of them? If they would have done the same, then you could call them studs.
This. If you switch Goff and Prescott I think you see similar outcomes. Dak is a good runner but his mechanics aren't spectacular and he stares down his receivers. His situation reminds me of Russell Wilsons. In fact, they're extremely alike in their playing styles. But Wilson came into a perfect situation and allowed him to grow and develop properly as a QB. Every single QB in the NFL is talented and has the potential to be great. It takes the right situation, coaching, and determination.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Zeke will never be Marshall. There skill sets arent even similiar. Respect though that he looks up to Faulk. Hes closer to Steven Jackson than Faulk imo.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nts-to-follow-in-marshall-faulks-cleat-marks/

Ezekiel Elliott wants to follow in Marshall Faulk’s cleat marks
Posted by Charean Williams on June 21, 2017

108852287.jpg
Getty Images

Ezekiel Elliott wants to be more like Marshall Faulk.

The Cowboys running back, who led the league in rushing as a rookie, wants his growth to follow that of Faulk. Elliott calls the Hall of Famer a complete running back.

“With now being more comfortable in this offense and not really worrying about having to learn what I have to do, I kind of want to grow more as an overall player,” Elliott said, via Matt Mosley and Ed Werder in The Doomsday Podcast.

“One of the guys I looked up to growing up playing football was Marshall Faulk. You hear stories about him about how he was kind of like a second quarterback back there with Kurt Warner. So this offseason, I’ve just been focusing on kind of learning the offense outside of roles.

I’m just kind of being able to be back there and be helpful to Dak [Prescott] and just kind of … learning what everyone else is doing and how I fit into my job.”

A big storyline this offseason has been the Cowboys’ intention to use Elliott more in the passing game. Elliott had only 32 catches for 363 yards and a touchdown last season.

Faulk caught 52 passes for 522 yards and a touchdown in his rookie season of 1994. In a five-year stretch from 1998, his final season in Indianapolis, to 2002, Faulk averaged 83 catches per season.

“For sure I think I can [do that],” Elliott said. “Just when you follow Marshall Faulk’s career you see in his earlier career he was definitely involved in the passing game, but he was more of a guy who kind of got grinded down.

He had a lot of carries and really rushed for great numbers when he was in Indianapolis, and then kind of as he got older, he grew more as a player. I just like the fact that he was a guy who was great in all aspects of the game.”
Simply put ...

High bar.jpg

He's good, But there's only one Marshall Faulk, and Zek will never match him!! And I'm sure I'm not alone in that opinion!!

faulk2.jpg

Faulk8.jpg

Faulk10.jpg

Faulk13.jpg

Faulk14.jpg

Faulk6.jpg