Ezekiel Elliott is best, most complete RB prospect since Adrian Peterson???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...t-complete-rb-prospect-since-adrian-peterson/

So according to this guy he thinks Elliot is a better prospect than Gurley due to his ability to catch the ball.

I totally disagree with this, not because I'm a rams fan but because Gurley was unstoppable in college, Elliot p[played for a loaded OSU team and had a great career but I think this guy is out of his mind. What you guys think ???

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In what world is Elliott a better receiver than Gurley?
Elliott's CAREER numbers 58 rec 448 yards 1 TD
Gurley's 2013 SEASON alone, 37 rec 441 yards 6 TD

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A lot of scouts have him 1b to Gurley's 1a. I don't think this is a knock on Gurley at all. I remember when Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch were being talked about prior to the 2007 draft, and quite a few people had Lynch rated right there with Peterson because he was the more well-rounded player at the time, could do it all (catch and block), and his ceiling was pretty close to Peterson's. It was similar to this situation with Elliot. Then, Lynch was 1b to Peterson's 1a, but that didn't mean Lynch was going to be the better player. He was just more well rounded at the time. Turned out that both were/are fairly close in terms of talent. Same could be/might be said about Elliot and Gurley when all is said and done.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/28237/rams-rodger-saffold-buys-his-mom-a-new-jaguar

The Los Angeles Rams undoubtedly struck gold when they landed running back Todd Gurley with the 10th overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft.

It was a risky choice based on Gurley's knee injury and the way the position had been devalued in recent years. Gurley paid the Rams back as soon as he stepped on the field on his way to winning Offensive Rookie of the Year honors.

Gurley's success also opened the door for the next group of top running backs to enter the league. This year, it's Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliott who stands above the rest at running back.

On Thursday, Pro Football Focus' Sam Monson broke down why Elliott is the top back in this class and actually goes a step further. To Monson, Elliott is the best running back prospect to enter the draft since Adrian Peterson in 2007. Yes, even better than Gurley.

While Monson acknowledged that Elliott probably isn't as explosive as Gurley, he points to Elliott's well-rounded game as the reason for his evaluation.

It's an interesting debate that only time will reveal and there's a bit of coincidence in the fact that Gurley burst on to the scene in St. Louis, which doubles as Elliott's hometown.

To be fair, we still haven't seen the best of Gurley, who took a few games before claiming the starting job and was slowed by soreness and a turf toe injury at the end of the year. Heading into Year 2, while Elliott is making his impact known, Gurley will be fully healthy and should have the opportunity to show that he takes a backseat to no other back in the league, let alone a rookie.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Different players. I love Elliott. I think they are both special, and Gurley has proven he can block. I'd take Gurley over Zeke. From the first time I saw me some Gurley man, the thought special, cracked my brain.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Boy that's tough, IMO, Elliot is a better receiver and a very special player, but Gurley I could tell at Georgia was a thoroughbred from day one and I am not trying to put pressure on either player, but Gurley reminds me of Eric Dickerson and Elliot, well, Marshall Faulk. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gurley is an outstanding receiver. If the Rams are smart enough to see it and use it in scheme the fans will know it too.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...t-complete-rb-prospect-since-adrian-peterson/

So according to this guy he thinks Elliot is a better prospect than Gurley due to his ability to catch the ball.

I totally disagree with this, not because I'm a rams fan but because Gurley was unstoppable in college, Elliot p[played for a loaded OSU team and had a great career but I think this guy is out of his mind. What you guys think ???
Pure Pre-Draft BS, and Hype!! I'll call it ..

throw-penalty-flag1.jpg

BS!.gif

Name
Adam
Pre-draft speculation is just that.

Zeke is one of my favorite Buckeyes ever for a reason. Kid was an all around miracle at Ohio State. Whether his skill-set translates to the NFL, no one knows. Who thought Trent Richardson would look like he's never played football before in the NFL? No point in taking these stabs in the dark anymore. Not worth my time.

I hope Elliott has a long NFL career not in Cleveland or Pittsburgh.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Boy that's tough, IMO, Elliot is a better receiver and a very special player, but Gurley I could tell at Georgia was a thoroughbred from day one and I am not trying to put pressure on either player, but Gurley reminds me of Eric Dickerson and Elliot, well, Marshall Faulk. Either way, you can't go wrong.

Marshall? Sorry Den but you are way off on this one. Elliott doesn't even have half of Marshall's moves. Plus he isn't the QB on the field like Marshall was. I think Elliot is a good back but he had a very good Oline and an offense that played to his skillset. He reminds me more of Gregg Bell from the Raiders/Rams of the late 80s.

Click bait article in a lull before the draft to make noise

Don't fall for it

Yeah this guy is just trying to get views by being different and outlandish. Elliott doesn't have the fluidity that Gurley does.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
Hear a lot that Zeke had better skills for the passing game, but Gurley is the better runner.

Zeke is good, but not putting him over Todd.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Marshall? Sorry Den but you are way off on this one. Elliott doesn't even have half of Marshall's moves. Plus he isn't the QB on the field like Marshall was. I think Elliot is a good back but he had a very good Oline and an offense that played to his skillset. He reminds me more of Gregg Bell from the Raiders/Rams of the late 80s.

Yeah this guy is just trying to get views by being different and outlandish. Elliott doesn't have the fluidity that Gurley does.

He's much better then Bell and he's extremely durable as well and made the Alabama Crimson Tide look sick, so he has plenty of giddy up in his step. Overall IMO, he's going to be a great pro and he wants the ball at all times. Yes he had a great offensive line and a coach that knows how to coach an offense, however, the only time the Buckeyes failed is when they did not run the ball enough with Zek, however, I understand that I look through things with Scarlet & Gray colored glasses.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Hear a lot that Zeke had better skills for the passing game, but Gurley is the better runner.

Zeke is good, but not putting him over Todd.

He is by consensus of the scouting community the best collegiate non fullback blocking back in a decade or more. That is the skill that puts him over Gurley in terms of "a complete back."

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
He is by consensus of the scouting community the best collegiate non fullback blocking back in a decade or more. That is the skill that puts him over Gurley in terms of "a complete back."

Look up what Gurley did to Clay Matthews. Not saying he's a better blocker than Zeke, but he's damn good. And Gurley is a WAY better runner than Zeke and he also had way more receiving yardage in college. I like Elliott but Gurley is a totally different animal. Bigger, faster, stronger, and he has better vision. Keep in mind Gurley played in the SEC with Georgia having half the offensive talent that Elliott had.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Look up what Gurley did to Clay Matthews. Not saying he's a better blocker than Zeke, but he's damn good. And Gurley is a WAY better runner than Zeke and he also had way more receiving yardage in college. I like Elliott but Gurley is a totally different animal. Bigger, faster, stronger, and he has better vision. Keep in mind Gurley played in the SEC with Georgia having half the offensive talent that Elliott had.

So why did the use B Cunningham as their 3rd down back? He (Gurley) could not be trusted to block in a pro scheme. Go check the numbers.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
So why did the use B Cunningham as their 3rd down back? He (Gurley) could not be trusted to block in a pro scheme. Go check the numbers.

Because they want to give Gurley the ball 20 to 25 times a game and they don't want to waste his energy on 3rd and long when Benny is one of the best blocking backs in the League. I've seen every football play Gurley's ever been in and I can tell you he can do it all.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I just hope that many of the top 14 teams who draft above us have him rated so high that teams who are interested in those two QB's (Goff/Wentz) might select him instead. Thus one of the two will fall.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He's much better then Bell and he's extremely durable as well and made the Alabama Crimson Tide look sick, so he has plenty of giddy up in his step. Overall IMO, he's going to be a great pro and he wants the ball at all times. Yes he had a great offensive line and a coach that knows how to coach an offense, however, the only time the Buckeyes failed is when they did not run the ball enough with Zek, however, I understand that I look through things with Scarlet & Gray colored glasses.

No way he can move like Marshall. When I said he reminds me of Bell I meant in running style. Slasher more than a shifty elusive guy.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No way he can move like Marshall. When I said he reminds me of Bell I meant in running style. Slasher more than a shifty elusive guy.

I will agree with you there, okay then Lawrence McCutcheon then!