Expectations of coach McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Was going to post something then got sidetracked.

Hey did you guys know that if you tap a gif posted in a thread here you can enlarge it and if you tap and hold a Gif of a pole dancer you can pause it right when her butt comes in to view. These kids are doing amazing things with this interweb thing. :)

Did you guys know Jessica alba is supposed to be on the new celebrity apprentice. Your welcome.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
At minimum 2 years, and probably more unless we're 0-16 bad twice in a row. I know the people here are impatient old geezers but they need time.

I'm not even 30 dude.

And 2 years isn't really enough time to build and sustain a team, which is what he said in the press conference.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
There will be no offensive success unless they get the right OL coach who can put out the dumpster fire the Rams call an OL. Of all the assistant coaches, OL coach will be the most important. They HAVE to get that one right. Whatever plans they have for Goff, Gurley, and WR's, it all depends on getting the OL to play much better than they have.

…..

Legend
@TheDYVKX @Zero @Florida_Ram @jrry32 @Dxmissile @den-the-coach @-X- @Mackeyser

Rams QB Jared Goff spent two hours breaking down film with Sean McVay last week and was blown away. "Right off the bat you could tell that his knowledge is extremely high. Far higher than a lot of guys."

Source :http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0611684769410847229-4

I'm not suprised, could you imagine getting coached by a Rob Boras, or a Jeff Fisher about offensive scheming and the X's and O's.... EW.

@Scirca ....Is it ok if I read this post? :thinking:

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
We'll see.

A lot of things have to go right for a coach to be successful. Wonder how much of a leash many of you will give this new staff.

won't have a leash because were going to the playoffs next year and the super bowl the year after. maybe should have been blue.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm not even 30 dude.

And 2 years isn't really enough time to build and sustain a team, which is what he said in the press conference.

I wasn't talking about you. @DaveFan'51 for example is an old geezer :whistle:

No, it's not. So I'm not going to say fire him if we aren't in the playoffs after that long.

But you usually have a good idea of the kind of coach they are at that point. Like Josh McDaniels for example. It was clear he was never going to work out by that point. If it's obvious the team has no future under him, move on. Otherwise give him time.

Zero

Pro Bowler
We'll improve but we may still be 20-25ish.
I understand your points and they're really good points.
I just have a feeling it will be closer to 15ish.
Gurley will awaken and Goff will be improved.JMHO
I think it will have almost as much to do with last years dysfunction
as McVay's ability.If that makes any sense.
I saw our oline do things that I had never seen before in the NFL
Missed assignments that were insane.They genuinely
look confused most of the time.I heard Faulk mention
That our offense was doing things that were completely unsound.
I think if we eliminate that and just have a sound scheme it will
help tremendously.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just imagine what he will do for Mannion I mean Goff

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
.I understand your points and they're really good points.
I just have a feeling it will be closer to 15ish.
Gurley will awaken and Goff will be improved.JMHO
I think it will have almost as much to do with last years dysfunction
as McVay's ability.If that makes any sense.
I saw our oline do things that I had never seen before in the NFL
Missed assignments that were insane.They genuinely
look confused most of the time.I heard Faulk mention
That our offense was doing things that were completely unsound.
I think if we eliminate that and just have a sound scheme it will
help tremendously.

I sure hope so. That's what I hope will happen, but I don't expect to be near top half of the league quite yet. If it happens, amazing. If not, it was probably too optimistic of an expectation. We'll see. As long as we show signs of improvement, I'm thrilled.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
acb0434f73ce4931937201c3e4dd182b.jpeg

Last edited:

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

No mention of the contract length (I don't care about the cash side ) but I feel he will at least get until 2019 and the new stadium opening unless we really crap the bed for the next few years (which I don't think we will )

Scirca

Rookie
No mention of the contract length (I don't care about the cash side ) but I feel he will at least get until 2019 and the new stadium opening unless we really crap the bed for the next few years (which I don't think we will )

It's a 5 year deal.

TexasRam

Legend
I expect him to know what it takes to build a solid offense.

I expect a 9 win season. That is realistic based on our talent and cap room. If he is worth the hire he will win 9 games.

I expect him to watch the film and see that when Gurley gets the ball there is 2-3 defenders in the backfield 90% of the time.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wasn't talking about you. @DaveFan'51 for example is an old geezer :whistle:

No, it's not. So I'm not going to say fire him if we aren't in the playoffs after that long.

But you usually have a good idea of the kind of coach they are at that point. Like Josh McDaniels for example. It was clear he was never going to work out by that point. If it's obvious the team has no future under him, move on. Otherwise give him time.
Really!?!

angry-grandpa.jpg
:D

Zero

Pro Bowler
I sure hope so. That's what I hope will happen, but I don't expect to be near top half of the league quite yet. If it happens, amazing. If not, it was probably too optimistic of an expectation. We'll see. As long as we show signs of improvement, I'm thrilled.
Regardless of where we place,one thing I know you and I
can agree on is,We are headed UP.