Expectations of coach McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What record would be acceptable to you ?
10-6. I'm done with single digit wins. DONE.

What would you like to see ?
Jessica Alba in my shower.

What gives you the chills ?

The thought of Jessica Alba in my shower.

Do you have any concerns ?
My wife catching Jessica Alba in my shower.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
None of the expectations posted will happen on offense unless the OL improves.

-X- please post pic of Jessica Alba. ( yes, I live under a rock).

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
My expectations of McVay for the Rams are:

1. Average offensive scoring to be at least 45 points per game.
2. Todd Gurley running yards average is 130 per game.
3. Rams defense to be in the top 10.
4. Rams to be better than the Chargers.
5. Rams offense will open up and score at will whether by pass or run when they're down by one TD.
6. New offensive linemen who understand football and play without penalties.
7. Less penalties on defense and offense.
8. Jared Goff is given the free reign to run on busted plays instead of waiting for an open receiver.
9. Goff to audible and run fast-break football.
10. Rams to lead NFL in offensive scoring.

Will this happen? We'll see.......

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
None of the expectations posted will happen on offense unless the OL improves.

-X- please post pic of Jessica Alba. ( yes, I live under a rock).
358be543fd2f4cdba61ccdd390ea4c59.jpeg

11Jessica-Alba-GIFS-08.gif

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What record would be acceptable to you ?
10-6. I'm done with single digit wins. DONE.

What would you like to see ?
Jessica Alba in my shower.

What gives you the chills ?

The thought of Jessica Alba in my shower.

Do you have any concerns ?
My wife catching Jessica Alba in my shower.
You need to have all the ratings

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I get all these screenplays that start 'Tawnya is in the shower. The water streams down her naked, perky breasts'. I don't think this is happening to Natalie Portman.

~
Jessica Alba

Hey Jessica I just wrote this script for you, you're gonna LOVE it!!!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
As far as wins, I understand that this is a multiple year process so I see anywhere from 4 to 8 wins. We MUST see significant offensive improvement which shouldn't be a high bare from last season. My biggest concern is how effectively McVay can govern and direct his staff who may be over twice his age. He needs to use them for advice but also make it clear to the team and staff that he is in charge.

FRO

Legend
Here's my main concerns about the hire:

- McVay is a great offensive football mind when it comes to playcalling, but can he manage the game. Martz was a brilliant offensive mind but the guy was a horrible game manager.

- What role did Jay Gruden play in the Redskin offense? Was McVay running Gruden's offense or his own?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I expect the following:

1. Wideouts to run a six yard route if that's the call. Exactly six yards. No more rounded routes or pulling up short of assignment and us ending up with a 4th and 1 because the wideout is too stupid to do his job. This is a hallmark of Jay Gruden offenses through his time in Cincinnati and Washington, where even intermediate and deep routes are run EXACTLY as drawn up without guys pulling up and quitting on them, and no doubt McVay is going to get that BS fixed quick-like and in a hurry.

2. An offense with downfield passing game built off of play action just like we saw with the Skins. Integrated concepts working together from the schematic level. LBs and Safeties vs our offense are going to have to spend a second diagnosing.

3. A run game that reminds people of the RB the NFL forgot last year. Gurley should have a rebound year.

4. Defensively a more challenging, in-your-face approach on the back end, with safeties over the top. I have always loved Wade's defenses, and while we might not have a top 5 unit this year they're going to be disciplined and we will have a unit we can be proud of.

How many wins comes down to how quickly Goff arrives. If he has a strong camp this team will be at that pushing-for-the-playoffs type of range, the 7-9 to 9-7 type of record. My overall expectation is a smart, competitive team that might not have all the pieces yet but which will not be out-gameplanned week to week. That's it.

It'll also make a HUGE difference that Goff will be part of the INSTALL from the BEGINNING.

As well, McVay will modify the install to work with Goff's strengths as well as Gurley's, Tavon's, Kendrick's, etc. The point is to win at the point of attack on each play.

Seriously, I hope McVay gets some rest.

Maybe we need to start setting up a Casserole Patrol to ensure McVay gets some proper nutrition!!! We can't have him eating out of the vending machine or crappy take out!!!

Zero

Pro Bowler
I have no expectations year 1. McVay will be learning, our players will be learning, it's hard to say what we'll be capable of.
You should be expecting the offense to look a lot better than last years.
You should expect this ,because that is what will happen.
McVay will be learning how to be a HC not an OC.He already
knows how to teach offense.A lot of the same players as last year
with better coaching,scheme.They appeared confused at times last year.
Don't think they will be as confused this year.
Not saying we will be a top 10 offense,but we will be improved.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
You should be expecting the offense to look a lot better than last years.
You should expect this ,because that is what will happen.
McVay will be learning how to be a HC not an OC.He already
knows how to teach offense.A lot of the same players as last year
with better coaching,scheme.They appeared confused at times last year.
Don't think they will be as confused this year.
Not saying we will be a top 10 offense,but we will be improved.

Well, yes. I'm just imagining it'll take time for McVay to properly find a way to fit and incorporate our players into his offense, and I imagine it'll take time for our players to learn the system and for it to really run smoothly. I'm not expecting us to go from 32 to 12. We'll improve but we may still be 20-25ish.

Scirca

Rookie

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
We'll see.

A lot of things have to go right for a coach to be successful. Wonder how much of a leash many of you will give this new staff.

Zero

Pro Bowler
@TheDYVKX @Zero @Florida_Ram @jrry32 @Dxmissile @den-the-coach @-X- @Mackeyser

Rams QB Jared Goff spent two hours breaking down film with Sean McVay last week and was blown away. "Right off the bat you could tell that his knowledge is extremely high. Far higher than a lot of guys."

Source :http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0611684769410847229-4

I'm not suprised, could you imagine getting coached by a Rob Boras, or a Jeff Fisher about offensive scheming and the X's and O's.... EW.
SWEET!! Thanks Scirca

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We'll see.

A lot of things have to go right for a coach to be successful. Wonder how much of a leash many of you will give this new staff.
At minimum 2 years, and probably more unless we're 0-16 bad twice in a row. I know the people here are impatient old geezers but they need time.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
@TheDYVKX @Zero @Florida_Ram @jrry32 @Dxmissile @den-the-coach @-X- @Mackeyser

Rams QB Jared Goff spent two hours breaking down film with Sean McVay last week and was blown away. "Right off the bat you could tell that his knowledge is extremely high. Far higher than a lot of guys."

Source :http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0611684769410847229-4

I'm not suprised, could you imagine getting coached by a Rob Boras, or a Jeff Fisher about offensive scheming and the X's and O's.... EW.

My hype levels are off the charts. I can't wait until September.