Expect the Unexpected this Offseason?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I have faith in McSnead doing the right thing. I have long since given up on them doing what I would do, but what I think should happen doesn’t matter.

Just strap in and enjoy the ride.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I have faith in McSnead doing the right thing. I have long since given up on them doing what I would do, but what I think should happen doesn’t matter.

Just strap in and enjoy the ride.
Generally yes, just no Allen Robinsons this year!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
He mentioned day 2 picks. So I’m guessing the thought was the #2 pick and a 3rd. That’s not a bad deal to lock dock a CB1 spot. Allows 19 to be used on anything else like OL edge or WR. Even trade back to recoup a day 2 pick.
That is considerably more capital then we got for Ramsey, who IMO is far superior. I'm not giving them that much and then turning around and paying him more then what we were paying Ramsey when we dumped him.

Ram65

Legend
I'm catching up on all the knowledgeable posts around here.

I would expect the Rams to address a couple of areas before the draft.

Take a long look at Tyron Smith. Ol needs to be solidified with Sheldon and Dotson testing FA's. Rumors about signing the Raiders OC should be interesting. Something has to happen with the O Line.

Defense needs an injection of speed with improvements needed at all three levels.

Let's make a deal for at least one area improvement but two would be better before the draft.

I look for two areas that will get attention before the draft. OL, LB. Edge and DB.

WestCoastRam

Legend
That is considerably more capital then we got for Ramsey, who IMO is far superior. I'm not giving them that much and then turning around and paying him more then what we were paying Ramsey when we dumped him.
Ramsey was superior earlier in his career but think Sneed is definitely better now.

It does seem like this is a click bate "good landing spots for" generated idea that guys like Jake pump for content too.

That being said, I don't know how good the CB picks look outside of the 1st round.

If someone were to tell me that CB drops off after the 1st round and we already had an inkling that there were superior WR and LT prospects in the 1st that we want... I wouldn't sneeze at the idea of sending day 2 picks for Sneed.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Actually it is a SI guy simply suggesting it. He also says one Day 2 pick (not multiple picks) fwiw.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
In my opinion, Sneed is in the Good category, not great or elite. He had the most penalties of any defensive back in the league last year for one, just ahead of our boy Kendrick. To be fair, had Kendrick started all 17, he'd have passed him for sure. Some don't love PFF, but, he has a 71.1, which isn't elite, its good. With a market reset, he's going to ask for a ton of cash, probably 20m. With his tag he is already the 3rd highest AAV contract, 1st highest base salary, and 2nd highest total cash at CB amongst actual elite guys.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have to embrace the title of this thread, because I can convince myself of things "the Rams HAVE TO DO!!!"

The idea that they could take a WR in the first seems silly to me.. but.. it's the Rams. I can also see a mindset where the idea is that the only way to win a Super Bowl is to outscore the other team.. because you won't stop Mahomes in the 4th Q.

Who knows?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stafford playing like a top 5 QB, plus he and AD contracts leaving the books....we have to go big in FA. I am going to lose my mind if we don't.

Backloading contracts, whatever it takes...if we do this thing right (re-sign Dotson, sign Burns, a CB, a S) we will SMOOTHLY transition from an "all in" team next year with Stafford and AD to a stacked roster with a cheap QB in the post Stafford era.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I have to embrace the title of this thread, because I can convince myself of things "the Rams HAVE TO DO!!!"

The idea that they could take a WR in the first seems silly to me.. but.. it's the Rams. I can also see a mindset where the idea is that the only way to win a Super Bowl is to outscore the other team.. because you won't stop Mahomes in the 4th Q.

Who knows?
I'm not so sure it's silly given the talent there and our need (both this year and starting next year) and we do need to see what happens in the 1st round of FA.

But, I think there's absolutely a strategy to follow if the Rams want to of making one unit elite and the other good enough. I don't know that trying to have unit parity really works in getting you to a Superbowl (not saying you're saying that). But what if we jack up the offense a little more and then add 2-3 more pieces to the defense to get it to be a bit more serviceable and roll that way.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Stafford playing like a top 5 QB, plus he and AD contracts leaving the books....we have to go big in FA. I am going to lose my mind if we don't.

Backloading contracts, whatever it takes...if we do this thing right (re-sign Dotson, sign Burns, a CB, a S) we will SMOOTHLY transition from an "all in" team next year with Stafford and AD to a stacked roster with a cheap QB in the post Stafford era.
It's expected now that Burns and Allen with both end up getting deals done with their teams per Russini.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm not so sure it's silly given the talent there and our need (both this year and starting next year) and we do need to see what happens in the 1st round of FA.

But, I think there's absolutely a strategy to follow if the Rams want to of making one unit elite and the other good enough. I don't know that trying to have unit parity really works in getting you to a Superbowl (not saying you're saying that). But what if we jack up the offense a little more and then add 2-3 more pieces to the defense to get it to be a bit more serviceable and roll that way.
I more meant initially, it seemed silly to me. Now? I see where people are coming from on the WR thing.

I think I'm saying exactly what you're describing.. getting the offense to absolute flame-throwing good.. and have a defense that is decent.