(expanded) highlights/synopsis post on Snead

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Anonymous

Note: a different version of this exists in a different Snead thread. It's worth having out there as a separate OP. I also expanded it, if you saw the first version.

This is taken from all over. Articles, tweets, posts. Kind of a "best of Snead." Enjoy.

* One of his duties as an entry-level Auburn coach was showing NFL coaches around when they came to watch practice and look at tape of draft prospects. Tom Coughlin, coach of the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars, was so impressed with Snead during one such visit that he offered him a job in pro scouting. Thus began Snead's NFL front office run. He worked for Jacksonville for three seasons (1995-97), then was hired by Falcons office exec Ron Hill in 1998. . . .Snead has been with the Falcons ever since, first as a scout, then as director of pro personnel and most recently in the more all-encompassing role of director of player personnel.

* Snead's name has been linked with the Rams position since the team began its search. In early January, we reported on NFL.com that Snead was in the mix before the team had even hired new head coach Jeff Fisher.

* In the earliest days of the Rams' lengthy search for a general manager, Atlanta's Les Snead asked Kevin Demoff: "Do you think you can get Jeff Fisher? That's a guy I want to work for. That's the opportunity of a lifetime."

* the Oakland Raiders had been considering Snead for their GM spot, a job that ultimately went to Reggie McKenzie.

* Indianapolis got permission to interview him for their GM job, which went to Ryan Grigson.

* 2011: Falcons director of player personnel Les Snead interviewed for the [GM] job [in SF].

* While the departure of a front-office employee might not seem as big of a deal as changes on the coaching staff, this particular case is a big deal. Snead carried lots of weight in the front office and was viewed as a key assistant to general manager Thomas Dimitroff.

* Snead oversees both the college and pro scouting efforts and works closely with Falcons General Manager Thomas Dimitroff. He also plays a day-to-day role in the analysis and evaluation of the Falcons current roster and provides salary value analysis of all player acquisitions, while aiding in the research on how to acquire future free agents.

* following his promotion to director of player personnel, Snead has been more involved in college scouting and has played an important role in putting together the Falcons' draft board under Dimitroff. . . .Demoff said: "He started out as a pro scout; he worked his way to being a college scout in past years. He's got a very diverse skill set, and that was something we were looking for ideally."

* Kroenke is mirroring the Pats model and so that's probably what we should expect. Kroenke wants a setup where there's ONE man's vision that moves the team forward. Fisher is that man like Bellicheck is the man in NE.

* Snead's ability to rise through the ranks with the Falcons across multiple regimes and an ownership change suggests he's adaptable. (Snead. . . .has worked with four head coaches and two interim coaches during a Falcons tenure dating to 1998. Dan Reeves, Bobby Petrino, Jim Mora and Mike Smith were the head coaches. Wade Phillips and Emmitt Thomas were the interim coaches.)

* He's a talent evaluator and a film guy. Devaney is a boss/politician and Snead more of a grinder.. Fisher runs the team. Snead can grind out player evaluations on both the pro and amateur level. That's his background. Devaney relied on guys like Snead to provide the background information and give it to the decision makers and in the Rams scenario that is going to be Fisher.

* Peter King: I think the Rams were smart to hire a hardworking scout like Les Snead as general manager. All he wants to do is find players. I know Snead, and I know his work ethic, and he's going to mesh with new coach Jeff Fisher just fine.

* Prisco: One thing about Jeff Fisher, he will lean heavily on Snead. He's smart that way.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
Sounds good, I like everything I have heard so far. Can't wait for the combine, free agency and the draft, it's going to an interesting offseason.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Guy looks like he should be in GQ magazine..

LesSnead_crop_340x234.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
interference said:

He looks like Boromir from the Fellowship of the Ring - if Boromir went all modern and got a shave and a haircut.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Memento said:
interference said:

He looks like Boromir from the Fellowship of the Ring - if Boromir went all modern and got a shave and a haircut.

Here ya go...

boromirscte9.jpg

Sean Bean, the actor....

MV5BMTkzMzc4MDk5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODg3MjUxNw@@._V1._SY314_CR7,0,214,314_.jpg