Ex-Rams RB retires at 29

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-ogbonnaya-announces-his-retirement-from-nfl/

Running back Chris Ogbonnaya announces his retirement from NFL
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 19, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpti3nwmyztjjmtaznzewodrhyjmynzm5nwrmyjc5owew-e1409410278628.jpeg
AP

It’s the time of year for guys not among the 2,880 best football players in the world to look for something else to do.

According to Adam Caplan of ESPN, running back Chris Ogbonnaya has announced his retirement on his Instagram page.

Ogbonnaya was last with the Giants, and has also played for the Panthers, Browns, Texans and Rams. He was originally a seventh-round pick of the Rams in 2009, after a solid career at Texas.

His best years were with the Browns, where he scored both of his career rushing touchdowns.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Dude had a great career for a 7th. Good on ya Chris for making it happen, and hope you have a healthy successful future after football.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I remember reading at the time that the Rams running backs coach Sylvster Croom (Spags Regime) was the one that pounded the table for Ogbonnaya and his lobbying helped sway the decision to take him.

Even though he was a Journeyman RB, a 7th round pick lasting 7 years in the league is pretty commendable (although most of that was not in blue in gold).

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Being dyslexic is funny...

I read Brooks Foster and initially saw Foster Brooks and thought... "I don't remember the Rams drafting this guy... not much of an athlete, but he's hell on the mic.."

hqdefault.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ah, the Ogbannaya era.

pIEAfqY.jpg

I'll always remember where I was when he peeled off that 18 yarder.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Didn't he rush for a yon of yards with the Browns against the Rams? Considering that the average career is 2 years, he has done fairly well.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Much better career than Pead!:unsure:

rams2050

Starter
He had mentioned when he was drafted that his dream was to attend medical school to become a doctor; I wonder if he'll continue on in that quest?

In any case, I wish him well.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I never fought much of him when he played at UT, so I'm rather impressed he's played this long

I hope Malcom Brown will play as well