Ex-Rams coach Jeff Fisher eager for another NFL head coaching opportunity -

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
No. No. No. Not a chance. Who is stupid enough to hire him? No way. Not gonna happen. Terrible coach. Is ANYONE out there watching how the Rams play this year versus the last 5 years?
He did the same thing last time he was canned.
He took a year off, climbed a mountain, and then declared that he wanted to come back.

He did elevate the Rams to just below middle of the pack.

The Browns could do worse.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Browns would probably be the best shot for him. That fan base would love to see a 6 or 7 win season after the last few barely win seasons. But that would be his ceiling. And I have doubts he could get a team there anymore. Would a legit offensive coordinator even work for him? That could be a career killer if he doesn't give him complete autonomy.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Fisher just needs to get real and realize he's not a good football coach, but like others have said he knows how to build a team. If I were Fisher I'd move to the personnel side of the game.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
tenor.gif

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Lets see, Grob is a free agent, Keenum and Bradford will be free agents, could trade a draft pick for Tavon. Put the band back together. Fish is one of the few that has gotten paid so much to accomplish so little. Kudos to him.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The thing is I think his ground and pound can still work in the nfl. Every running back he brought in had success from Darryl Richardson to the twitter guy can’t think of his name at the moment.

2 things killed fisher
1. Injuries he had major injuries in a lot of key offensive positions every year.
2. He brought in the wrong people to implement and teach the players the offense

Kizer would be great in a run first playaction type of system that fisher love. And one thing that can’t be overstated is that PLAYERS love playing for him.

The browns with all their draft picks and some luck on the health front they can change it around next year. Their defense isn’t as bad as the numbers because they have been in a lot of close games but with the browns finally settling on Kizer as the QB I think the offense is going to be better and in turn so will the defense. That team is ready for a breakout

tempests

Hall of Fame
I know Fisher would probably be a better interview than others, but I would still think he'd have to prove to an owner he can put together a competent staff, nurture a young QBs growth and get the team where they want to go, not halfway there but all the way there.

I don't know how you sell Jeff Fisher to your fans and get them to buy tickets. Browns fans don't want a 7-9 team, they want a winner.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Fisher as HC with final control in Cleveland...

Ummmmm...

What could go wrong? Lol.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The thing is I think his ground and pound can still work in the nfl. Every running back he brought in had success from Darryl Richardson to the twitter guy can’t think of his name at the moment.

2 things killed fisher
1. Injuries he had major injuries in a lot of key offensive positions every year.
2. He brought in the wrong people to implement and teach the players the offense

Kizer would be great in a run first playaction type of system that fisher love. And one thing that can’t be overstated is that PLAYERS love playing for him.

The browns with all their draft picks and some luck on the health front they can change it around next year. Their defense isn’t as bad as the numbers because they have been in a lot of close games but with the browns finally settling on Kizer as the QB I think the offense is going to be better and in turn so will the defense. That team is ready for a breakout

That's one of the BIGGEST differences between Fisher and McVay.

McVay hit a grand slam homer with his staff picks.

Fisher? Yeah...not so much.

Ram65

Legend
Lets see, Grob is a free agent, Keenum and Bradford will be free agents, could trade a draft pick for Tavon. Put the band back together. Fish is one of the few that has gotten paid so much to accomplish so little. Kudos to him.

They already have Britt. I bet Quick will be available too.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Such an impressive resume.

One loss away from overtaking Dan Reeves for losingest coach in NFL history.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
And he never had a QB on the field playing well. Partially his fault of course.

IMO he can't hire a coaching staff for the most part. Not just OC.

Jeez Den just go in the kitchen and make a cup of coffee if that's what you are looking for. :)
Gonna have to disagree Les, I know you hate the guy ( or so to speak) but Bradford when he was actually on the field played very well for JF

Now Les, you DID say "never" :cool:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

2 things killed fisher

IDK if a breakout is imminent, because as long as that ownership remains that team will never get anything done.

He'd make the Browns if nothing else, away from their 12+ loss seasons.

Scirca

Rookie
What the fuck am I reading..... Who in their right mind will hire this man as a coach. Hue Jackson, John Fox, and Jeff Fisher should not have a job in the NFL. P.S there is a thing going around that Hue Jackson wanted Carson Wentz, but upper-management didn't believe that he would be a top 20 QB. Wentz has obviously looked really good this year, but lets not forget last year, Wentz had a running game, great Oline (with Lane Johnson) and terrible WR's but he played like horseshit. If anything, had Wentz gone to the Browns he would have 100% been a bust. Not a single coach on the browns is the caliber of Frank Reinch and John DeFilippo. I can't think of a quarterback coming out of this draft that could handle their bullshit. Their best bet is Josh Rosen because if he thinks your full of shit, he isn't going to listen to you.

Last edited: