Ex-Ram Isaiah Pead aiming for Paralympics gold after losing his leg

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ng-for-paralympics-gold-after-losing-his-leg/

Ex-Ram Isaiah Pead aiming for Paralympics gold after losing his leg
Posted by Michael David Smith on April 2, 2018

gettyimages-486405320-e1522679078797.jpg

Getty Images

Isaiah Pead was a second-round draft pick of the Rams who spent five season in the NFL before a severe car accident required him to have his leg amputated in November of 2016. That ended his football career, but it didn’t end his athletic career.

Pead says he’s now in the early stages of learning to sprint with a prosthetic leg, and he’s hoping to be good enough to win a gold medal in the 2020 Paralympics.

“I was talking to my friends and it was like, ‘What’s your goals?'” Pead told TMZ. “If they let me on the track, I’m going for the gold, period.”

Pead won state championships in the 100 meters and 400 meters in high school, so he knows something about running track. He said he was only recently fitted for a leg he can run on and hasn’t completely figured out the dynamics of running as an amputee, but he believes he’ll be ready for big things in two years.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good on Pead. As a person with physical disabilities, I'm happy that he's accepted what's happened and is aiming for the moon for his career. That's all you can really do, right?

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
The strength inside of you is what makes you makes you strong on the outside. And it looks like Pead is a strong person.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope he has become more stable in his life mentally to succeed. Hope he can.