Ex-Ram Bradley Fletcher signs with hated Patriots

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/18/bradley-fletcher-signing-with-patriots/

Bradley Fletcher signing with Patriots
Posted by Josh Alper on March 18, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptawn2rinzmyzjyyztewmjq0odvhnwi3ywvhotazntbl-e1426689801118.jpeg
AP

The Patriots had four veteran cornerbacks in for visits on Tuesday and at least one of them has landed a spot on the team’s roster.

Mike Reiss of ESPN.com reports that agent Andy Simms confirms that his client Bradley Fletcher will be signing a deal with the team. Fletcher joined Terence Newman, Tarell Brown and Robert McClain at the team’s headquarters.

Fletcher didn’t have the best of contract years in 2014 as his inability to stick with receivers like Dez Bryant and Jordy Nelson contributed to losses that kept the Eagles from advancing to the playoffs after a 7-2 start to the season. He started 15 games, made 61 tackles and intercepted one pass that he returned for a touchdown when he wasn’t getting toasted by an opposing receiver.

Fletcher joins Kyle Arrington, Alfonzo Dennard, Logan Ryan, Chimdi Chekwa and Super Bowl hero Malcolm Butler at corner for the Patriots. There’s no real pecking order with starters Darrelle Revis and Brandon Browner out of the picture, which could work out well for Fletcher if he finds a better approach to sticking with opposing wideouts as a member of the Patriots.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His best years (if you could call them that) are way behind him.

Good luck, Patsies.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The Patriots sure love to bring on Rams castoffs.

In the Eagles games I saw last year, he wasn't very good.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
It seems like every time I think the Patriots have screwed themselves, they always find a way to win their division.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Patriots fan say: Ya, um Fletcha sux but its ahh rite BB will coach him up, Revis sucked anyway. Only a moron would leave Pats for the Jets. Anutha thing bout Revis, he problee doin roids and Bill is cutting bait now, Bill is wicked smaht and knows everything, not like that flipping idiot Revis....I don't mean to rant but how do you leave the PATS, Ya know we are the only organization that can win a SB, any player that leaves this organization is a bitch and um um dum!

Who the hell did we sign again? Ummm it don't matta who he iz, Bill will get him in the program and coach him up to be awesome. If he sucks we can always toss Brady in there to cova the slot dude. He is a QB so ya no he knows the routes those guys run.....make sense dude?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
No need to resign Revis when you can replace him with Fletcher.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I thought Fletchers first year with the Rams was pretty good. He looked like a third round steal. I am guessing that the knee injury really hurt him.

Wasn't he playing with the Rams when the Patriots current OC was the OC with the Rams? Seems that Belicheat takes a lot of advice from his buddy McDaniels.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I thought Fletchers first year with the Rams was pretty good. He looked like a third round steal. I am guessing that the knee injury really hurt him.

Wasn't he playing with the Rams when the Patriots current OC was the OC with the Rams? Seems that Belicheat takes a lot of advice from his buddy McDaniels.
I totally agree with that. I wonder what happened. Maybe it was partly the injury and maybe they also got tape on him and figured out how to beat him

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yah! 1st Illinois Mike, then Amendola, now Fletcher!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
There's some irony in this. I think (if memory serves) that Fletcher had like 3 PI or defensive holding calls against him in that game against the Patriots in London. Each one was on a third down and resulted in an automatic first. Rams were winning when the flags started flying, getting the Pats back into the game and then handing them the game.

(This is from memory as I sit at the airport waiting for my ride. I'll check later how accurate i was)