Ex-Cowboy; Zeke Elliott needs to 'stop being dumb'

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...ays-ezekiel-elliott-needs-to-stop-being-dumb/

Despite drawing rave reviews on the field, Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has not impressed everyone with his off-field behavior during his first year in the NFL.

Elliott, who remains under investigation by the NFL for an alleged assault that cropped up in July , drew more headlines this past week when he pulled down the top of a woman during a St. Patrick’s Day parade . And as a result, he got ripped into by former Cowboys defensive end Marcus Spears for “being dumb.”

“The guy’s just gotta stop being dumb, man. That’s really what it boils down to. And I’m not going to speak on it like I know all of the particulars but I saw it and I don’t understand it,” Spears said on 103.3 radio in Dallas, via the Dallas Morning News. “I was talking to my wife last night about it. With all of the social media, all of the media coverage that we give because we have to and we have to talk about these things, you would think that these guys would have in their minds and they would understand that I have things that I can’t do. And not as a football player but just as a human. At the end of the day, the eye of the world is on Ezekiel Elliott and Dak Prescott because of the success that they had. They not only have the eye of the world but they play for the Dallas Cowboys, who are always in the eye of public.”

The NFL’s investigation of Elliott is a strange one, because no charges have been pressed by authorities on the alleged incident. Elliott and his camp have repeatedly denied any wrongdoing and Elliott’s said he wants “closure”when it comes to the NFL’s investigation.

But there’s no closure coming, because Roger Goodell said at the Super Bowl there’s “no timetable” to wrap up the investigation, and there is still a possibility that Elliott ends up facing some punishment . Jerry Jones believes the league hasn’t found anything in terms of the investigation, but there’s no real way to know how the wind blows on this one.

Having Elliott out in public behaving in a way that does not reflect well on his treatment of women is a sub-optimal way for him to behave while under investigation.

Which is why Spears believes Elliott needs to “lay low” when it comes to his behavior.

“So I think Zeke just needs to lay low. Have fun, man, have fun. He’s young. But do it in the right way and the respectable manner,” Spears said. “At the end of the day no one can fault you for trying to enjoy the hard work and the labor that you put in to put yourself in this position. But you also have a responsibility to not only yourself but your family to take care of business the right way and not get involved in stupidity.”

This is absolutely correct. Whatever happened in the past with Elliott will be handled through the investigation and he can’t change it right now. But he can make sure that he doesn’t further endanger his playing career and earning ability by making a mistake in public. He should also continue to show that treating women with respect is the proper way to behave.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He ought to be suspended for his last escapade. Despicable behavior

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a complete tit.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

what he did in public view was pretty dumb but let's get serious here, the woman flashed her breasts about 5 seconds after the incident. like spears says, elliot just has to stop being dumb.

jjab360

Legend
It's not exactly family friendly and it makes him look like a complete creep but if there was no unwanted touching then it's not an assault...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
21 years of age (22 in July) and millions of dollars in his pocket...Let's all be honest here, what would we have done? I like to think I would be level headed, but at 21 and under the influence I'm sure all of us have done some questionable things...Agreed he has to understand he's no ordinary Joe, but let's hope he realizes to think with the right head as many of us in our pasts have not.

Zero

Pro Bowler
21 years of age (22 in July) and millions of dollars in his pocket...Let's all be honest here, what would we have done? I like to think I would be level headed, but at 21 and under the influence I'm sure all of us have done some questionable things...Agreed he has to understand he's no ordinary Joe, but let's hope he realizes to think with the right head as many of us in our pasts have not.
Agree.The difference between him and most 21yo kids is,the camera is always on.
The only thing obscene in all of this is the way it is being blown out of proportion and
painting the kid into something he probably isn't.We live in the overreaction capitol
of the world.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
A.We live in the overreaction capitol
of the world.
giphy.gif

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
21 years of age (22 in July) and millions of dollars in his pocket...Let's all be honest here, what would we have done? I like to think I would be level headed, but at 21 and under the influence I'm sure all of us have done some questionable things..

Dang. I must be a whole lot different from y'all. I would absolutely not have done something like that and I struggle to understand the kind of mind set it takes to even feel that's a possibility.

Not that I'm judging him or anybody else. I just don't get it. What would make that ok? Just at a basic human level I don't see how that would be ok except under very abnormal circumstances. Being a celebrity, especially one who's paychecks can be cut off arbitrarily for doing stupid things, hell I probably wouldn't even drink in public. But I tend to be very cautious, so I guess there's the difference. I still don't get it.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
But I tend to be very cautious, so I guess there's the difference. I still don't get it.

It's a different time and if you're younger than I applaud you, I felt I had good sense when I was 21 too and I never touched anyone inappropriately ever, however, I did other things I now look back on with disdain so I guess I'm just not so quick to judge although I do not condone what he did.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
It's a different time and if you're younger than I applaud you, I felt I had good sense when I was 21 too and I never touched anyone inappropriately ever, however, I did other things I now look back on with disdain so I guess I'm just not so quick to judge although I do not condone what he did.

Well, I'm 30. Not too far removed from 21, but I see your point. I did dumb things, but nothing of that nature or even close. That was more to my point. Being young and dumb is one thing. Attempting to remove another person's clothes in public is in a different realm. And clearly she isn't too mad about it or averse to showing it off. It's the idea that this behavior is thought to be normal for people that age that blows me away.

I try not to judge. But like I said, I just can't fathom this being normal.

jjab360

Legend
Well, I'm 30. Not too far removed from 21, but I see your point. I did dumb things, but nothing of that nature or even close. That was more to my point. Being young and dumb is one thing. Attempting to remove another person's clothes in public is in a different realm. And clearly she isn't too mad about it or averse to showing it off. It's the idea that this behavior is thought to be normal for people that age that blows me away.

I try not to judge. But like I said, I just can't fathom this being normal.
I wouldn't say it's normal behavior, but pretty much nothing that happens at Mardi Gras is normal behavior.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think the moral of the story is money doesn't make one lose their morals. It magnifies one's morals. It's as simple as that.