Evidently expectations are kinda high this year (and stuff)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Re: Evidently expectations are kinda high this year (and stu

You nailed it X. But allow me to interject some psychology into this discussion. In this modern day everything is driven by the ability to go faster. Travel is faster, communication is faster, hell even god damn masturbation is faster, and let me tell ya I am not pleased with that one :what: I mean look at the earth on a global economic scale...for the most part it is dominated my one commodity = oil, why, so we can go faster. I mean for Christ sakes I'm so impatient that YouTube commercials I can skip in 5 seconds piss me off...,the new form of quick entertainment is 6 second vines..which is derived from the feature film, the 30 min TV show, the 15 minute TV show, and finally the 5 minute Internet show.....seein the trend yet :lol:

So this causes the psychological issue of a complete lack of patients...or foresight for that matter. Perspective is at an all time low...We used to look at 4 games to give us an idea how the season would go...and now it seems to drop even lower....I mean dood...the browns said fuck it after 2 games :rofl:

So I guess my point to everyone is to avoid nearsightedness. Look at the big picture and understand why something negative is happening before calling for that same things dismissal. (I.E. the soft zone....for god sakes it puts a hell of a lot less pressure on two new starting safeties)

And for the Christ ALMIGHTY...COUNT OUR BLESSINGS!!!! ( A measly 600 days ago I would have been fucking freaking out with joy if the Rams woulda come back against Atlanta!) And ALWAYS REMEBER..... At least we're not the Browns!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No more moral victories. But I can't help but notice that even with Sam playing really well...he's still getting so much undue heat on other boards. Glad there's less of that on here.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Dr.RamsFanCK said:
You nailed it X. But allow me to interject some psychology into this discussion. In this modern day everything is driven by the ability to go faster. Travel is faster, communication is faster, hell even god damn masturbation is faster, and let me tell ya I am not pleased with that one :what: I mean look at the earth on a global economic scale...for the most part it is dominated my one commodity = oil, why, so we can go faster. I mean for Christ sakes I'm so impatient that YouTube commercials I can skip in 5 seconds piss me off...,the new form of quick entertainment is 6 second vines..which is derived from the feature film, the 30 min TV show, the 15 minute TV show, and finally the 5 minute Internet show.....seein the trend yet :lol:

So this causes the psychological issue of a complete lack of patients...or foresight for that matter. Perspective is at an all time low...We used to look at 4 games to give us an idea how the season would go...and now it seems to drop even lower....I mean dood...the browns said freak it after 2 games :rofl:

So I guess my point to everyone is to avoid nearsightedness. Look at the big picture and understand why something negative is happening before calling for that same things dismissal. (I.E. the soft zone....for god sakes it puts a hell of a lot less pressure on two new starting safeties)

And for the Christ ALMIGHTY...COUNT OUR BLESSINGS!!!! ( A measly 600 days ago I would have been freaking freaking out with joy if the Rams woulda come back against Atlanta!) And ALWAYS REMEBER..... At least we're not the Browns!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"If you are willing to surrender wins for experience, you deserve neither" - Abraham Lincoln 1972

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

RamzFanz said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:

So this causes the psychological issue of a complete lack of patients...or foresight for that matter. Perspective is at an all time low...We used to look at 4 games to give us an idea how the season would go...and now it seems to drop even lower....I mean dood...the browns said freak it after 2 games :rofl:

And for the Christ ALMIGHTY...COUNT OUR BLESSINGS!!!! ( A measly 600 days ago I would have been freaking freaking out with joy if the Rams woulda come back against Atlanta!) And ALWAYS REMEBER..... At least we're not the Browns!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"If you are willing to surrender wins for experience, you deserve neither" - Abraham Lincoln 1972
Please don't get me started on Lincoln. X would ban me if I went there.

fearsomefour

Legend

I wonder if the Rams will be sort of forced (as will the Whiners) to stick with more a base D approach with the short week after Week 3?
I was also wondering if the Rams would get Armstrong and Ogletree on the field together in an effort to get more team spead vs. SF. Armstrong may not be nearly ready for regular season action, but, I was invisioning a nickle sort of D with Armstrong playing a LB/S sort of hybred roll....to double up Davis and or Boldin with man (even if others are in zone), blitz or shadow Kap.

The Rams coaches may not have the time to put something like that in. Or my idea may be the worst approach to defense since Chamberlin met with Hitler in Munich.

Either way, just a thought.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

I think part of the reason the pulse of this board is different is because we see what the Rams are capable of. When you look at the second half of the two games, the Rams dominated. But it seemed like there were obvious reasons: the offense had more of a sense of urgency, the defense started playing tighter, etc. Also the mistakes are killing the team.

Basically the feeling is that if WE can see this why can't the coaches?

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

RamzFanz said:
Dr.RamsFanCK said:

I see where you are comming from....but let me use a personal situation as an example.

I am training to be an aircraft maintenance technician....If I went to fix an aircraft after subject 2 I would fail...I must prepare for the fight and gain the necessary Knowledge and experice to correctly trouble shoot a system....with out knowledge and experience I am nothing....Think about the first time you attempted calculus....Did you surrender an A because of your experience? Well then you deserve no A and none of the calculus knowledge you could ascertain according to Lincoln.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

brokeu91 said:
I think part of the reason the pulse of this board is different is because we see what the Rams are capable of. When you look at the second half of the two games, the Rams dominated. But it seemed like there were obvious reasons: the offense had more of a sense of urgency, the defense started playing tighter, etc. Also the mistakes are killing the team.

Basically the feeling is that if WE can see this why can't the coaches?
The d imho tightned up largly because of the large lead atl was running the ball alot more and we have been pretty stout against the run. Notice once we pulled within 7 they loosened up again and started passing and scored. Its just an observastion that I dont feel anyone is taking into consideration
Sent from my SCH-R760X using Tapatalk 2

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents here...

I think the pulse of the board is strong. Love having more members and their varying opinions. I've been round here a long time and I don't think the board has ever been healthier.

For those of you who seem to think that posting opposing views is not tolerated here... take it from me, I have had some experience with this here. It's NOT a problem. Just post with respect... post as if you were speaking to everyone in person.

I enjoy talking with everyone. So speak up :mrgreen:

BobCarl

Rookie

soft zone cover 2 ... takes away the out patterns and can hold up the TE.

I'm gonna need some X's and O's to grasp this ... seems to me that will set you up with the other 3 WR's being covered man-to-man

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Selassie I said:

I think the pulse of the board is strong. Love having more members and their varying opinions. I've been round here a long time and I don't think the board has ever been healthier.

For those of you who seem to think that posting opposing views is not tolerated here... take it from me, I have had some experience with this here. It's NOT a problem. Just post with respect... post as if you were speaking to everyone in person.

YES!

I must admit I was guilty of posting withOUT respect to other members this wkend in the game day thread. That won't happen again.

It's not the opposing views that's the issue, it's the lack of respect for the other members, the team, players, coaches and F.O. that is.

BobCarl

Rookie

Mojo Ram said:
Really X?
What is the purpose of this thread...Is it a post meant to change opinions?

....i left the other board ... because the trolls ... and the mods let it continue.

...I'll likely catch shyte for posting this ...

Hey Mojo ...I don't think your post was disrespectful to the board.

That being said ...

I like how X engages people on this board ... his style draws out discussion and separates out the fair-weathered fans that spews over used clichés and those that would parrot what Bernie Miklasz or Bryan Burwell has said.

In addition to the board you mentioned above, there are other places on the internet for people to go to if they just want to vent but not really discuss the Rams.

X validates people's remarks, but then he challenges them to back up their position with dialog on the stated topic.

As you already know, a valid viewpoint when challenged makes for a great discussion ... such discussion might be viewed as a controversy ... and yes it is sad when moderators of a board, because of personal biases, will put a stop to a meaningful discussion and let trolls run amuck. I haven't seen that happen here.

Most of the time a discussion begins with a premise ... but sometimes ... and this is how I see the "expectation" query is that we are invited to bring forth our personal premises so that the rest of us can better understand how each other's remarks throughout the season support where we are coming from.

16 games makes for a season where every victory counts ... who is gonna win every game? Can a learning-experience-loss make for fewer losses later on in the season? Or is losing a near-winnable game unacceptable?

Where did the expectation of winning come from?

Were the great players of the 1999 playing just this last season? (in my mind they were) ... or did the team just go through the worst decade of losing that any NFL team ever went through? (I'll turn a blind eye to that)

And ...There is no wrong answer, each fan expects his team to win within the context of each fan's own perspective.

Graphicker

Starter

We all just want a good young team.. We're starving for next in line.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member

How about I just ban all of you?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

BobCarl said:
Mojo Ram said:
Really X?
What is the purpose of this thread...Is it a post meant to change opinions?

....i left the other board ... because the trolls ... and the mods let it continue.

...I'll likely catch shyte for posting this ...

Hey Mojo ...I don't think your post was disrespectful to the board.

That being said ...

I like how X engages people on this board ... his style draws out discussion and separates out the fair-weathered fans that spews over used clichés and those that would parrot what Bernie Miklasz or Bryan Burwell has said.

In addition to the board you mentioned above, there are other places on the internet for people to go to if they just want to vent but not really discuss the Rams.

X validates people's remarks, but then he challenges them to back up their position with dialog on the stated topic.

As you already know, a valid viewpoint when challenged makes for a great discussion ... such discussion might be viewed as a controversy ... and yes it is sad when moderators of a board, because of personal biases, will put a stop to a meaningful discussion and let trolls run amuck. I haven't seen that happen here.

Most of the time a discussion begins with a premise ... but sometimes ... and this is how I see the "expectation" query is that we are invited to bring forth our personal premises so that the rest of us can better understand how each other's remarks throughout the season support where we are coming from.

16 games makes for a season where every victory counts ... who is gonna win every game? Can a learning-experience-loss make for fewer losses later on in the season? Or is losing a near-winnable game unacceptable?

Where did the expectation of winning come from?

Were the great players of the 1999 playing just this last season? (in my mind they were) ... or did the team just go through the worst decade of losing that any NFL team ever went through? (I'll turn a blind eye to that)

And ...There is no wrong answer, each fan expects his team to win within the context of each fan's own perspective.

Wow. Nicely put Bob.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Selassie I said:

And there it is.

Keep personal attacks out of it, post as if you are talking to a fellow fan across the bar from you, gripe if you want. Just don't go acting like your opinion is the end all be all and be civil. It's laughable to suggest that - for example - Paulie, George, and I have agreed on everything. But I know where their heart is and I always feel like we are just shooting the shit over a beer (or grilled lobster :bign: or a big fat stogie :bign: ).

The other thing I'd like to add is that if the mods bitch slap you, you probably deserved it. Take it in stride. They're not trying to squelch opinion. They are trying to maintain this site as the best site for RAM FANS.

Like many of you, I am screaming, pacing the floor, walking outside, pumping my fist, high fiving my buddies, putting my head in my hands, jumping off the couch, scaring the dog, and having a celebratory shot when we win. Bring it all to this site. Just remember, you are always putting your words in front of fellow Ram fans. So don't be an ass - unless you're just cracking wise.

It's working. Be a part of the success that is ROD. The more the merrier. Bring it, leave the angst behind, and have fun.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

X said:
And I'm always open to someone telling me that I'm being overbearing or unfair; and if you see me being that way, you're more than welcome to tell me to STFU. I'm cool with that.

Shoot. Just ask Stu. :yeh:

Heh heh. Yeah - I caught that Paulie. I was out selling beer yesterday so I couldn't get on the site.

Interesting thread. I know a lot of us long term members are used to knowing the personalities of everyone on the site. But as we get more members, that will be near impossible.

I think the thing many need to consider is that when someone types words, there are no inflections to their voice, no raising of eyebrows, no wise ass grin with the tongue firmly planted in the cheek, no red faces, no beer glass to clink.

The point being that it is very easy to misread what a poster really intends to say or relay. Take a breath and if you really feel that the post was ridiculous or meant to troll, just leave it in the void. The best response in many of those cases is no response. Instead, respond to the sensible posts.

Anyway, this is a great site and keeping it so is no easy chore. Help out. You don't have to agree or be a total homer. Just don't be a dick. :7up:

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler

This is the way I see things. The team is finally good for the first time in a long time. People wants results NOW. Unforutanetly this is a young team that will play very incosistantly from time to time. Some people are going to take the loses a little heavier then they should. The battle is focusing on the long term goal if making the playoffs without losing ones wit through journey. I think the board had reaccted fine to the lose. Sure there has been afew post and posters that got on my nerves, but I think the fans are handeling it better then the media. I for one have expressed displeasure with some of the play calling but I know that it has only been two games. Two. I look forward to the rest of the season and disscusing the games with everyone on here. Everyone gets a little over emotional at times myself included.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Username said:
How about I just ban all of you?

Yeah... Ban THIS! Damn... where'd it go? :uhh: