Everyone talking about the Offense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFan47

Rookie
But this years Mob Squad has an opportunity at greatness.

This Wade Phillips led defense is loaded with talent. If they can continue to build on their week one performance the sky's the limit.

While I am excited about our new found passing game it's the D that's got me ecstatic.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
But this years Mob Squad has an opportunity at greatness.This Wade Phillips led defense is loaded with talent. If they can continue to build on their week one performance the sky's the limit.While I am excited about our new found passing game it's the D that's got me ecstatic.
Its because it a very rare thing for the Rams to have one. Its been well over a decade since we had one that was NFL professional grade.

I would agree with you here the real strength of this team @ this moment in time is the "D". The outside Corners besides Trumaine Johnson are iffy.If TJ was to depart the field for any length in time the "D" would suffer. A known element s to why Snead tagged him @ a unbelievable cost $$$. A Blue Chip outside CB in the 2018 draft is mandatory.

The planets have aligned in 2017 for this Wade "D" for in 2018 it will certainly change greatly. In March of 2018 eight key defensive players will be UFA's:

CB T. Johnson- Starter
CB NRC- Starter
LB A.Ogletree- Starter
LB C.Barwin- Starter
SS M.Alexander- Starter
FS L.Joyner- Starter
FS C.Davis - 1st reserve
DE D.Easley IR
NT T.Walker 1st reserve

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I get really excited about our "D" when I stop and think, last week, against the Colts, Our defensive starter's where "Rusty" due to lack of Play in the pre season, AND Donald wasn't even in the game! " LOOK-OUT REDSKIN'S it's going to be like ' the Sand-Creak Massacre' all over again!

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I get really excited about our "D" when I stop and think, last week, against the Colts, Our defensive starter's where "Rusty" due to lack of Play in the pre season, AND Donald wasn't even in the game! " LOOK-OUT REDSKIN'S it's going to be like ' the Sand-Creak Massacre' all over again!

Also the D played mostly back ups for a good part of the 2nd half.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Last week they made big plays, but they also gave up some stuff and had some difficulties in coverage over the middle. I am sure Wade's going to be all over those weaknesses they showed, due to the Skins and their TE group, but it is a bit of a concern. Skins TEs vs our LB/S group is a mismatch in their favor.

But that's ok, we have the edge just about everywhere else. And we have Wade and a very strong staff prepping these guys. I'm confident the Rams will keep the Skins below 17ish.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
no one talks about the defense because its a wade phillips coached defense, and theres 3 guarantees in life: death, taxes, and a wade phillips coached D being very good

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
We actually have a good chance of breaking the sack record this year. Especially if Connor Barwin can get on track.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Fact #1. Wade Phillips is simply an elite DC. And I don't use that word lightly.

Fact #2. The Rams are stocked with some verrrrry talented D players. Like 5-6 Pro Bowl or near Pro Bowl type players.

When one combines these two things, it's not at all unreasonable to expect a helluva D this year, is it?

Anything less would be the real surprise, don't you think?

Ram65

Legend
Last week they made big plays, but they also gave up some stuff and had some difficulties in coverage over the middle. I am sure Wade's going to be all over those weaknesses they showed, due to the Skins and their TE group, but it is a bit of a concern. Skins TEs vs our LB/S group is a mismatch in their favor.

But that's ok, we have the edge just about everywhere else. And we have Wade and a very strong staff prepping these guys. I'm confident the Rams will keep the Skins below 17ish.

They did give up some big plays in the first quarter. Early second quarter Joyner's deflection saved another one when the game was still close. That ball was underthrown. Could have been trouble had been a little out in front of the WR. Seemed to be some big holes in the secondary. They are going to need a better pass rush to keep Cousins off balance. He looked bad against the Eagles but, they got pressure on him. Donald should help with pressure. The jury is still out for me on the defense. Keeping the Skins out of the end zone when they move the ball will be the difference.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Personally, I'm hoping for "Below 10-ish" No TD's!(y);):D

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They did give up some big plays in the first quarter. Early second quarter Joyner's deflection saved another one when the game was still close. That ball was underthrown. Could have been trouble had been a little out in front of the WR. Seemed to be some big holes in the secondary. They are going to need a better pass rush to keep Cousins off balance. He looked bad against the Eagles but, they got pressure on him. Donald should help with pressure. The jury is still out for me on the defense. Keeping the Skins out of the end zone when they move the ball will be the difference.

One thing that I keep mentioning, though, that impressed me the most about the Rams in week one is every time the Colts got something going the team responded, in all three phases. It's been a loooong time since I've seen that man. Like back in '99 or '01 long.

So if that resilience sticks around just watch out league. Because this team has plenty of talent.