Every time Austin Pettis was targeted in 2012

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEJ0LoiUaeI[/youtube]

Speeps

Starter
I know some might think I crazy for saying this, but would you believe me if I said Danny Amendola's replacement is on the roster?

A55VA6

Legend
Speeps said:
I know some might think I crazy for saying this, but would you believe me if I said Danny Amendola's replacement is on the roster?
I actually kind of agree with this. Pettis is solid.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Speeps said:

I don't think it's crazy at all,with DA and Giberish gone Pettis could shine ,I hope he does, God know Spags rep could use it :lmao:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
First; nice work X!! These "target" segments are awesome.

I was surprised to look up that Pettis had only 261 yards in 2012. Granted, he had to sit out the first two, but still thought he had more yardage than that.

Pettis showed better hands in 2012. That was his reputation out of college (good hands) and he made some great catches in 2012 (7:35 mark, 13:13, 16:45, etc).

(Side note; people say Bradford doesn't show emotion... check out the 6:40-7:15 mark)

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Thanks again X. Pettis is a solid player, and yes, I think he will obviously be Dannys replacement. He's not on the same level of Danny in terms of route running, quickness, separation, or diversity, but he does have a bigger frame. He may not be on the same level, but he does get open. He plays smart too, and was becoming a red zone comfort for Sam. Always loved his hands.

Speaking of Danny, are you considering doing one on him? I have a feeling there would be a lot of interest in that. Even from non Ram fans (maybe you should put a patriots suck banner at the end if you do hehe). I'm not asking you to btw, you've already done a plenty. Just curious and wondering.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I remember last year saying I thought the team should keep Pettis and dump Salas (when most figured it was between those two guys), and this video really confirmed what I saw last year. Out of every target that was a catchable ball (as in not thrown out of bounds, in the dirt, or far overthrown) only 5 of them didn't connect. One of them the defender was all over Pettis and had a hand on the ball as Pettis got it, was able to knock it out as they were going to the ground before Pettis brought the ball to his body... Second he was leveled right as he made contact with the ball and it popped out, really strong hit, hard to fault him there... Third Bradford was under pressure and the ball was underthrown and in the dirt. Pettis got finger tips on it, but was too far ahead to be able to come back enough... Fourth was thrown into triple coverage, and similar to the first, the defender had a hand on it the same as he did, and was able to knock it out before Pettis was able to bring the ball back into his body.... And the final was just a drop, should have had it, he was wide open.

Then factoring in the balls he caught when he probably shouldn't have... Just a really reliable receiver to have, quite a few games he caught everything that was thrown to him. Love that in a guy, it's exactly what Bradford needs. He's a redzone threat, and is good with moving the chains.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
People talk about how good Gibson's hands were (68%), Pettis' were better in my opinion. I only counted 1 or 2 clean drops. Made improvement from year 1 to year 2, and should make more little improvements in 2013. I think Pettis can be a solid #4 for us, with the ability to line up outside occasionally.

Great job on the video X, and I'm wondering if you could do all of Kendricks' targets/snaps in 2012 next? Pretty please? I think people will notice how he cut WAAAAY back on the drops (although he still had some) which allowed him to have a minor breakout season

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
rams24/7 said:
People talk about how good Gibson's hands were (68%), Pettis' were better in my opinion. I only counted 1 or 2 clean drops. Made improvement from year 1 to year 2, and should make more little improvements in 2013. I think Pettis can be a solid #4 for us, with the ability to line up outside occasionally.

Great job on the video X, and I'm wondering if you could do all of Kendricks' targets/snaps in 2012 next? Pretty please? I think people will notice how he cut WAAAAY back on the drops (although he still had some) which allowed him to have a minor breakout season
Ju got it mang.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Just want to add my appreciation for "the Dude" for putting in all this hard work. No other Rams site I go to has anything remotely as cool as this(although I did see someone posted your work elsewhere).

Very cool of you and very appreciated. Muchos gracias, amigo.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
X said:
rams24/7 said:

Ju got it mang.

Snaps would take a while, but I'm cool if you just do targets. Just saying snaps because he had some damn good blocks. He got the better of 300+ pounder Isaac Sopoaga on wham blocks twice :lol:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
What's you see is what you get with Pettis...A sure handed big target that runs a 4.7 40 has issues with seperation, however, when he can find the soft spot in the zone he can be an asset.

I am also a fan of Pettis on punt returns because he does not fumble. Now if the Rams have a better option someone who can make people miss and can take it the distance, but I will take a catch with no gain on a punt return every time as opposed to a fumble, but that's just me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
den-the-coach said:
What's you see is what you get with Pettis...A sure handed big target that runs a 4.7 40 has issues with seperation, however, when he can find the soft spot in the zone he can be an asset.

I am also a fan of Pettis on punt returns because he does not fumble. Now if the Rams have a better option someone who can make people miss and can take it the distance, but I will take a catch with no gain on a punt return every time as opposed to a fumble, but that's just me.

He doesn't fumble on punts, but he's a punching bag! :lol:

I don't see him as a punt returner myself. He doesn't have the game outside of good hands.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
moklerman said:
Just want to add my appreciation for "the Dude" for putting in all this hard work. No other Rams site I go to has anything remotely as cool as this.

Ditto.

This is an insane collection of Rams fans. It's March and we're going strong around here.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
CGI_Ram said:
I don't see him as a punt returner myself. He doesn't have the game outside of good hands.

Agreed, but the fact that he doesn't fumble is a plus. They tried Jenkins last year and I thought this will be great and then Jenkins fumbled and I immediately wanted Pettis back. :shock:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
moklerman said:
Just want to add my appreciation for "the Dude" for putting in all this hard work. No other Rams site I go to has anything remotely as cool as this(although I did see someone posted your work elsewhere).

De nada, hombre.

TurfShowTimes asked if they could post it with a commentary, and of course I said it was cool.
(I assume that's to whom you're referring?)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
den-the-coach said:
CGI_Ram said:

Agreed, but the fact that he doesn't fumble is a plus. They tried Jenkins last year and I thought this will be great and then Jenkins fumbled and I immediately wanted Pettis back. :shock:

Yeah... Jenks was SCARY! :lol:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Mad, mad amount of work, and very professionally done. All of these are great.

Now, can you do one of every time the left guard pulled to the right, when only wearing blue pants??? JK.

One thing that jumps out at me, is how sensational some of the throws are, and how much Sam has improved moving within the pocket.

As far as Pettis goes, he really pops at getting separation in a small area. I would venture to say that what he does is very rare for a person his size. That is why he is a great target at or around the goal line. He would play well in the slot.

moklerman

Warner-phile
X said:
moklerman said:

De nada, hombre.

TurfShowTimes asked if they could post it with a commentary, and of course I said it was cool.
(I assume that's to whom you're referring?)
It was either RRF or the Herd(RamsRule). I'm pretty sure it was the latter but now I can't find the thread that I saw it in.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Very nice video. I'll tell you what, I feel a lot better about Austin pettis as a receiver now. Mind you I never thought he was a poor reciever, this video just showed how good he really is and his potenial to be even a bigger impact for the team