Every team's best player, and which young player could take his place/Rams - Donald and Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
To read about the other 31 teams click the link below.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...r-and-which-young-player-could-take-his-place

Every team's best player, and which young player could take his place
BY SAM MONSON • JUL 10, 2017

Each year in the NFL, there are young players that have their eyes on moving up the pecking order. Whether it is just climbing up the depth chart to secure themselves a roster spot or becoming the true alpha dog on the team, everybody is looking to improve year-on-year and summit the mountain.

Heading into the 2017 season we look at the best player on each NFL team and the young guy who is most likely to take their place.

GettyImages-503475066-copy.jpg

Photo by Michael B. Thomas/Getty Images

Best Player: Aaron Donald – DI

Logically, the best player in the NFL heading into the 2017 season, is also the best player on the Rams roster. Aaron Donald has been a human wrecking ball since entering the NFL and is one of the toughest players to block in the game. His speed and quickness off the ball is too much for offensive linemen to handle, and he has amassed 161 total pressures and 90 defensive stops over the past two seasons.

Aaron-Donald-3DA-Elite-BW-768x432.jpg

Young Contender: Jared Goff – QB

Make no mistake – Jared Goff’s rookie season was horrendous – but there was very little help surrounding him and his college production and grade was outstanding. In his final college season, he completed 68.5 percent of his passes under pressure and threw 31 touchdown passes when under duress.

Goff would need a huge leap in year two, but the talent is there for him to succeed at the NFL level. Once more though, the chances of any player surpassing Donald as long as he is with the Rams are minimal.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
"Could" is the optimal word here, Donald is considered by some the best player in the NFL. I have my doubts that Goff "could" achieve that status, not because of his ability but because of the competition. Even to be considered the best QB in the league he'd have to surpass quite a few outstanding QBs. And to be acknowledged as the best player is even more daunting. I don't expect Goff to become a top tier QB until his 3rd season.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
hmm Goff replacing Donald ?? ,,,,i'd have to see what Goff's bullrush is like first ;)