Every Laurinaitis Interception and Sack

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Sadly it only totals 5; but he's still a wrecking machine, averaging about 103 tackles a year.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy8AcGIqluM[/youtube]
hd.jpg

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm a BIG fan of JL and totally appreciate the fact that he is both a student of the game and a technician but I would love to see him really blow up an opposing player from time to time. It seems (to me at least) we have had few of any of those big hits that make people think about coming across the middle in recent years.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BigRamFan said:
I'm a BIG fan of JL and totally appreciate the fact that he is both a student of the game and a technician but I would love to see him really blow up an opposing player from time to time. It seems (to me at least) we have had few of any of those big hits that make people think about coming across the middle in recent years.
Yeah, I hear that a lot. He doesn't try to make the highlight reels with huge shoulder blocks that send players flying. What he does instead is use fundamentals to wrap up opposing players and bring them down. It doesn't matter to me how he does it, as long as he does it. And we'll likely never see him criticized on tape for not making a tackle. Know what I mean? How sometimes you see a player try to make a huge hit, and just flat-out miss? Laurinaitis is always trying to get two arms around someone, and that's cool with me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
BigRamFan said:
Yeah, I hear that a lot. He doesn't try to make the highlight reels with huge shoulder blocks that send players flying. What he does instead is use fundamentals to wrap up opposing players and bring them down. It doesn't matter to me how he does it, as long as he does it. And we'll likely never see him criticized on tape for not making a tackle. Know what I mean? How sometimes you see a player try to make a huge hit, and just flat-out miss? Laurinaitis is always trying to get two arms around someone, and that's cool with me.

One of the most frustrating things on defense - the shoulder to the guy who keeps on running. I'll take wrapping up any day over that dude who thinks his shoulder is enough to take down an NFL running back. Do I love seeing one of our guys flat out blow someone up as they come across the middle? Bet yer ass. But I want the ball carrier on the ground first and foremost.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Totally with both of you on the sure tackle. I (almost) felt hypocritical in writing my first post. Drives me crazy to see the guys playing at the highest level have worse tackling skills than pee wee players because of always going for the big hit.

I LOVE the fact that JL doesn't miss tackles, but I'd still like to see him rattle some teeth (during a sure tackle, of course) from time to time.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BigRamFan said:
Totally with both of you on the sure tackle. I (almost) felt hypocritical in writing my first post. Drives me crazy to see the guys playing at the highest level have worse tackling skills than pee wee players because of always going for the big hit.

I LOVE the fact that JL doesn't miss tackles, but I'd still like to see him rattle some teeth (during a sure tackle, of course) from time to time.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing that either. :twisted:

BigRamFan said:
but I'd still like to see him rattle some teeth from time to time.

Tackling with Extreme Prejudice?.....
but that might cause "a concussion" for the opposing player!!
This is the newer, safer NFL....why not just pull his flag to tackle him.
no need for contact when tackling!

We're all Americans here...
remember 9/11, Pearl Harbor, D-Day, the Alamo, that playoff game, etc...

Anonymous

X said:
BigRamFan said:

Yeah that's fine with me, too. I don't think he is built to deliver stunners. In fact last year spags challenged him to play that way and he ended up getting hurt. I would rather have him be what he is--an effective fundamentals tackler who is also an athletic, smart "qb of the defense." He doesn';t have to try to be what he isn't (a physical intimidator).