Every Jared Goff Throw: Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rdw

Pro Bowler
I get that rdw...... but never too early to ask these questions... In their first couple of series, Prescott, Lynch and Wentz all showed their college nimble, movement skills/instincts that they were touted for.

I'm only pointing out that his mobility looks nothing like his college film. Completely opposite like both ACL's are sprained.

I could care less about him knowing the playbook and throwing accuracy or his processing speed.

I'm only focusing on his known cat quick Instincts... mobility speed that has been 100% dormant. Not even a flash of what made him so elusive in his career. I don't know maybe he's been commanded to sit tight in the pocket and mimic Brady and Peyton..

If he is a stick in the mud the entire preseason I will blame Boras & Weinke for this special ability of his being invisible..... :icare:
To my eyes he's thinking a lot... I believe when the game "slows down" he'll show more of what he showed in college.

If Wentz or any other rookie shows pocket movement doesn't mean Jared won't. People are different and learn differently and get comfortable in some ways faster than others. Apples and oranges.
Just my opinion of course...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I thought he turned it around pretty good in the second half but still not enough for me to make him the week 1 starter. Keenum had command and move the team for 2 long scoring drives. Goff will get better with time and should look better with 1's.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I love his release. He's obviously a little nervous out there since he throws lasers on every pass. But that just comes with time. I also think this switching with Case for 1st team reps is hurting his development. I really don't think the amount of wins we get will differ that much between Goff and Keenum. Just let the kid play.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He just needs time and reps and practice. Things will slow down for him, he will become more and more comfortable and will be fine. I am not worried at all. It's his second preseason game in the nfl playing without half of the starters(or more).

Say it with with me folks!
jWWMo.gif

TexasRam

Legend
Notice on the play where Goff tripped that his Wr's to his left were both not even into their break when the pass rush was on him. He had no choice but to step out of the pocket and pack it in. It was the right play and he just tripped.

Goff needs Wr's that can get open and he's going to shred defenses.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Notice on the play where Goff tripped that his Wr's to his left were both not even into their break when the pass rush was on him. He had no choice but to step out of the pocket and pack it in. It was the right play and he just tripped.

Goff needs Wr's that can get open and he's going to shred defenses.
What Weinke will pound into him on Monday is that he needs to tuck that ball in and control it not use it to break your fall. You're going down protect the ball that's his mistake on the play nothing else imo.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
He looks like a rookie but I see promise there. As hard as it is we all need to give him some time. I don't think it'll be until next year when we really see Goff reaching his full potential. Anyone know why Higbee wasn't playing last night ?

Higbee has been suffering from flu like symptoms.
Hopefully it was a virus and not liquor induced, like the 12packish flu.