Every Jared Goff Throw: Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I take back my earlier comments, two of the three to Quick should have been caught the 2nd while it could have been caught was good coverage. Quick still sucks.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
God forbid Goff gets to throw to Britt or Austin. Nope he gets to work with the bust known as quick and other receivers hoping to make the practice squad.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm not sure why people are so worried about him. His throws are pretty good. Sure the pressure has gotten to him a couple of times but when doesn't it for a rookie? I'm happy he's facing it now in preseason. It will toughen him up for the real games. Let the other qbs be the preseason stars, look how helpful it was to Sam last season in Philly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'm not sure why people are so worried about him. His throws are pretty good. Sure the pressure has gotten to him a couple of times but when doesn't it for a rookie? I'm happy he's facing it now in preseason. It will toughen him up for the real games. Let the other qbs be the preseason stars, look how helpful it was to Sam last season in Philly.

To me it all looks like his pocket awareness, which honestly I thought was a strength in college with how bad his line was. I hope that as he gets everything else in line that will come back to the norm. He already has the best arm on the team.

Ram65

Legend
Goff didn't all that bad outside of the lost fumble. He should of thrown the ball out of bounds on the scramble but he didn't force it either. I think he learns from the experience.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff didn't all that bad outside of the lost fumble. He should of thrown the ball out of bounds on the scramble but he didn't force it either. I think he learns from the experience.
Yeah he'll get torn apart on that fumble from Weinke for falling on the ball for that fumble instead of covering it and going down.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To me it all looks like his pocket awareness, which honestly I thought was a strength in college with how bad his line was. I hope that as he gets everything else in line that will come back to the norm. He already has the best arm on the team.

The speed has to be startling to him. He was never gonna come in and play like a seasoned vet. I haven't seen him throw a dumb pass yet. I'm not sure if he has gone to the wrong man yet either but I'm happy so far. I'm guessing the Cowboys fans are gonna be in for a rude shock if Prescott has to play in real games this season and face real pressure.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
He looks like a rookie but I see promise there. As hard as it is we all need to give him some time. I don't think it'll be until next year when we really see Goff reaching his full potential. Anyone know why Higbee wasn't playing last night ?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aside from the fumbles, I thought he showed well.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

By all accounts, he's a smart kid. He should learn from those.

The sack/trip fumble was a fluke thing anyway.

Like DB says, it would be nice to see him throwing to Britt and Austin but I'd go a step further. I'd like to see the combo of Goff/Gurley on the field. The options of choosing to blitz Goff or watch out for Gurley makes things a little harder for defenses.

How much playing time will he get with the 1's in the next game, typically the dress rehearsal?

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
His arm talent is everything you could want. I've never said this about a QB, but the ball just comes out clean. When he sets and fires it's really smooth. It's pretty to see in person. Brian Quick has the intensity of a lawn chair. He doesn't explode in and out of his routes and he never looks ready for the ball. I've seen enough and I'd cut bait. He could be like Darrius Heyward Bey and be a #4 or 5 somewhere else. He's not gonna find his hands in year 5 IMO.
Nelson Spruce had more impact in his 1st game than Quick has had in his whole career. Quick has never taken over a drive, let alone a game. I'll root for him if he makes the squad, but I'm off his wagon.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

That is what has me BAFFLED OldSchool !!!! He has pocket presence like Houdini and that switch hasn't flipped on yet because he's not feeling natural and at ease with all the protections, route combinations, second and 3rd read progressions etc.

This is the part of his game that made him worth trading up for. Where IS THE REAL JARED GOFF ?

AncientFearlessDragonfly.gif

eIDXCguL61ZcK2DUNLIxdQ7NccGk8YJGjx-6I4IYPWnImhoMxnvK-72GsI3YKsCxqxGoLz-O9bwUVBslJ1eTJn4gf9lp-X03TZSOs2mOKPawXNjgJm1PHtzaPzt34zYb_3g96g

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
That is what has me BAFFLED OldSchool !!!! He has pocket presence like Houdini and that switch hasn't flipped on yet because he's not feeling natural and at ease with all the protections, route combinations, second and 3rd read progressions etc.

This is the part of his game that made him worth trading up for. Where IS THE REAL JARED GOFF ?

AncientFearlessDragonfly.gif

eIDXCguL61ZcK2DUNLIxdQ7NccGk8YJGjx-6I4IYPWnImhoMxnvK-72GsI3YKsCxqxGoLz-O9bwUVBslJ1eTJn4gf9lp-X03TZSOs2mOKPawXNjgJm1PHtzaPzt34zYb_3g96g
I would say the difference is/was his familiarity with both the offense he was running and his familiarity with his WR's. Right no in the NFL, Goff is still trying to "process" which tends to make all of us slow down a bit. He will be fine ... give him the time to grow.

WestCoastRam

Legend
There was a lot of talk about the simplicity of his offense in college and even though there were some people who said that it was far more complex than what we thought... I can't help think that his play is related to that. It seems like he's processing things SUPER SLOW.

I will say I was shocked that he didn't fall on his own fumble there. I really don't want to look back 2 years from now and see that as my "we shouldn't have..." moment.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I would say the difference is/was his familiarity with both the offense he was running and his familiarity with his WR's. Right no in the NFL, Goff is still trying to "process" which tends to make all of us slow down a bit. He will be fine ... give him the time to grow.

You are absolutely CORRECT Redding.... But even still his feet look heavy and he has looked less nimble than Peyton Manning. I mean even with all these issues come on something isn't right.

His legs look HEAVY Stuck in the MUD and with no coordination, quick twitch, slippery body, mobility movement.. Not one teeny tiny Glimpse of his greatest talent yet?

Again I ask where is the real Jared Goff?

v5Gec9q.gif

????? WHERE?????ARE????YOU????JARED?GOFF????????
7694257e05c021d4229e99345383a4c2.gif

Last edited:

rdw

Pro Bowler
You are absolutely CORRECT Redding.... But even still his feet look heavy and he has looked less nimble than Peyton Manning. I mean even with all these issues come on something isn't right.

His legs look HEAVY Stuck in the MUD and with no coordination, quick twitch. slippery body, mobility movement.. Not one teeny tiny Glimpse of his greatest talent yet?

Again I ask where is the real Jared Goff?

v5Gec9q.gif

????? WHERE?????ARE????YOU????JARED?GOFF????????
7694257e05c021d4229e99345383a4c2.gif
It's been two preseason games. How many snaps? IMO a bit early to ask questions like this...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I get that rdw...... but never too early to ask these questions... In their first couple of series, Prescott, Lynch and Wentz all showed their college nimble, movement skills/instincts that they were touted for.

I'm only pointing out that his mobility looks nothing like his college film. Completely opposite like both ACL's are sprained.

I could care less about him knowing the playbook and throwing accuracy or his processing speed.

I'm only focusing on his known cat quick Instincts... mobility speed that has been 100% dormant. Not even a flash of what made him so elusive in his career. I don't know maybe he's been commanded to sit tight in the pocket and mimic Brady and Peyton..

If he is a stick in the mud the entire preseason I will blame Boras & Weinke for this special ability of his being invisible..... :icare: