Every Foles INT, 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
There's a few bad/late throws, but for the most part it seems like most of the INT's came from trusting his WR's (maybe a little too much) and they didn't make the play.

Overall, I'm not terribly concerned. Bradford was overly conservative, Foles may be the opposite... but that's ok with me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Has there ever been an interception that the QB looked good?

It's the ratio that counts.

nanotech

Rookie

Yes, and 10int/13td ratio wouldn't seem to help the Rams' cause. Especially bad ints when in the lead. No need to take chances there.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Maclin showed absolutely no fight on those INT's.
I touched on this in another thread .... Receivers can be just as much a factor as anything else when it comes to the overall play and stats of a QB or even offensive passing game

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman

He looked fine on some of those INTs. Taking deep shots, perhaps slightly underthrown is not terrible. If he was throwing to a big WR who could catch the 50/50 balls, those would be great throws.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Why is this a detriment? Everybody's INT highlight is going to look like they're undisciplined and play poorly.

Look at Manning in the Super Bowl, he looked painfully average and that's just one game, not all of his games.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if that was 2003 the heading of the video would have been - Manu Ran The Wrong Routes

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
10 INT's??? didn't he throw like 30, or something? Why was everyone so up in arms about his TD/INT ratio? He'll be light years better than "pick 6" Davis & "Spike" Clemens.

Davis INT%=3.17% / Foles INT%=3.22%
Davis TD%=4.23% / Foles TD% 4.18%
Davis TD/INT ratio=1.33 / Foles TD/INT ratio=1.30

May have something to do with it.

FRO

Legend

I've seen a few good ones, like passes that bounce off the receivers hands in stride. That's about it.

FRO

Legend
Foles is a guy who trusts his receivers to a fault almost. The real question is, can our receivers win the 50/50 battles. They really haven't shown that much in the past. Last year our guys had a bit of a scapegoat because of the QB situation.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Davis INT%=3.17% / Foles INT%=3.22%
Davis TD%=4.23% / Foles TD% 4.18%
Davis TD/INT ratio=1.33 / Foles TD/INT ratio=1.30

May have something to do with it.

See, and that is why I am conflicted with the Keenum/Davis battle. I really liked what I saw from Davis at times last year. We have to remember that he is a young guy and was essentially a rookie back there. Put up some damn good #'s and points in my mind. Kinda wish we never went back to Hill. I would have liked to see what AD could have done with a full season to mature.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
4th was a bad throw and decision.
The throw wasn't great but I don't think it's a bad decision. It was 4th and 25 and triple covered Maclin is the only guy that has a prayer at a first down when you look at the routes the other. The pass is in a spot where Maclin can get it just not before Cox.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The irony here is for several years a lot of fans wanted Sam to take MORE chances downfield.
Well, Foles certainly isn't afraid to do that. Some of those were just bad choices. But, if we have a great running attack I think some of those will be more open than what we just watched. Plus, Philly didn't have big guys like Quick and Britt who can go up and get some of those passes.
I will be shocked if Foles has that many INT's this year.