Every FCS QB drafted in the first round since 1970 has been to the Super Bowl

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Joe Flacco - Delaware
Phil Simms - Morehead St
Doug Williams - Grambling St
Steve McNair - Alcorn St
Dan Pastorini - Santa Clara

Per Reddit

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol on Pastorini.
I still remember the Oakland fans cheering because he got hurt

Ram65

Legend
Joe Flacco - Delaware
Phil Simms - Morehead St
Steve McNair - Alcorn St

Per Reddit

Nice find X. Too bad that streak has to end. The Eagles aren't going to the Super bowl in the next 20 years.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol on Pastorini.
I still remember the Oakland fans cheering because he got hurt
Yeah. But, like Tony Banks, he went to a Super Bowl.
So ... it counts. (y)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Joe Flacco - Delaware
Phil Simms - Morehead St
Steve McNair - Alcorn St

Per Reddit
200.gif

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
So teams in need of a qb should always draft a FCS qb in the 1st. Got it!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sample size may be small but this does show you something. When you have NFL talent, the NFL finds you.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
As if I needed something else to add to my confusion. :headexplosion:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
At this point, does anyone realistically think the Rams are taking Wentz?? I have pretty much given up on that even being possible.

FloridaBison

Dreamin of the back 9
Name
floridabison
Faceplant. I suspect the Rams will select Goff, and I suspect he will be pressed to start immediately.

As a Rams fan, I hope I am wrong. I've listened to a handful of NFL Quarterbacks speak on coming into the NFL, and they all said that learning the Complexity of the NFL playbook and defensive schemes is "huge".

---it's my opinion that this is the biggest reason QB's fail coming into the NFL.

It reminds me of when Duante Culpepper came into the league with the Vikings. They had an amazing RB, and two HOF wide receivers, and yet he wasn't successful. They significantly marginalized their playbook because he just couldn't do it.

The AP currently has an article referencing the difficulty of being successful in the NFL when coming from a spread offense. They reference four different NFL coaches, and discuss the difficulty at several positions including QB. Search "moving from the spread not easy for anyone".

Recent history suggests that sitting a QB for a year or two may well be what's needed for the most demanding position in all of sports.

If you believe your QB has the intelligence and athleticism for the position, perhaps this is a better strategic approach?

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It does look like it's going to be Goff now, which I am good with and which I do prefer. But I will say that I expect greatness out of Wentz. I think he's got Super Bowls and maybe even MVPs in his future, just like I expect from Goff.

These are two outstanding QB prospects man.

ausmurp

Starter
It does look like it's going to be Goff now, which I am good with and which I do prefer. But I will say that I expect greatness out of Wentz. I think he's got Super Bowls and maybe even MVPs in his future, just like I expect from Goff.

These are two outstanding QB prospects man.

A lot of ppl are saying this, and I get it. The hype of the draft, the hope it creates...but realistically history shows, 58% chance or whatever it actually is that these qbs become viable starting NFL qbs. So no probably not both. I just pray to God, literally I am praying to God every night until the draft, the rams draft the right one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
A lot of ppl are saying this, and I get it. The hype of the draft, the hope it creates...but realistically history shows, 58% chance or whatever it actually is that these qbs become viable starting NFL qbs. So no probably not both. I just pray to God, literally I am praying to God every night until the draft, the rams draft the right one.

Actually the historic percentage on the 1 overall QB selections is somewhere around 2/3 chance of hitting. But I get it.

I've watched every game of almost every QB in this draft and have been doing that for a while now. So yeah, opinions are like you know whats, but my own is that you have two very safe QB prospects that are elite talents with no baggage in Wentz/Goff. Mayock is right and people that follow the draft every year here on this site have been saying it as well. Rams didn't move up just to get some press, they moved up because they were blown away by one of these guys, maybe both.

There are other guys I do like in this draft. I think Doughty has a chance to start in this league and can be had mid-rounds for example and there are several others with enough talent and accuracy in my estimation. But what I love about the Rams move is they circumvented the lesser chance of success and went right to the top after the guy they like most. They put their cajones on the table man, and I respect the F out of that.

They could have done what I feared: settled for Cook at 15. And THAT would have had me literally praying every night man, because I think he's much more risky than many others. Again, I am just so impressed by them moving up, and Fish is right: the roster is good enough to do that.

So this draft is going to be a joyous occasion for me dude. I'm not gonna let fears about what I can't control ruin my enjoyment of the Rams getting their next franchise signal caller. It's party time!!!