Even other refs don't like Booger!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Although the NFL has not confirmed the assignment, it’s been widely reported that Jerome Boger will work this year’s Super Bowl. That has raised some eyebrows with other officials, who claim Boger’s grades were artificially enhanced by the league office, and the officiating website FootballZebras.com has raised questions about why Boger is working a Super Bowl when he has never previously worked a conference championship game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ca ... umor-mill/

bluecoconuts

Legend
Literally the worst ref. I have yet to see him not fuck over the Rams in a game he's officiated.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I absolutely fucking hate this incompetent douchenozzle. To think that he's actually reffing the Super Bowl is just...

:grr: :evil: :sick:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Jerome Booger is SHlT, in fact he's worse than SHlT, he's where flies go after they've been on SHlT all day! Sorry, but the man has no business officating a football game and the NFL is gutless and should fire him.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
It's official now, the NFL has selected this year's SB winner and Booger is there to make sure the other team loses.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
interference said:
It's official now, the NFL has selected this year's SB winner and Booger is there to make sure the other team loses.
Maybe. They got the story-line, but who stands to gain the most from winning? I don't see any clear indication that one team or the other is more deserving. Ray Lewis going out on top is a cool story, but he's not really indicative of the kind of moral turpitude The Shield claims to stand for.

Sorry. I swallowed a thesaurus.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is absolutely asinine. Jerome Boger is one of the worst refs that the NFL has. I cannot help but remember Harvey Dahl's comments over the microphone. And it was deserved. He was right. I talked to a lot of Cincy fans after the game and even they were talking about how terrible Boger was in that game. We were both in agreement that it was a fairly evenly called game...because he shafted both sides with his incompetence. In the games we had him this year, I was disgusted. Honestly thought the dude would be demoted, didn't think there was a chance in hell that he'd be reward for his incompetence. NFL, you should be ashamed of yourself for such idiocy.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
jrry32 said:
This is absolutely asinine. Jerome Boger is one of the worst refs that the NFL has. I cannot help but remember Harvey Dahl's comments over the microphone. And it was deserved. He was right. I talked to a lot of Cincy fans after the game and even they were talking about how terrible Boger was in that game. We were both in agreement that it was a fairly evenly called game...because he shafted both sides with his incompetence. In the games we had him this year, I was disgusted. Honestly thought the dude would be demoted, didn't think there was a chance in hell that he'd be reward for his incompetence. NFL, you should be ashamed of yourself for such idiocy.
Agreed.

I think that guy wants the games to be about him. I think he gets upset when the game gets exciting and he's not the center of attention, so he has to toss his little hankie and key up his mic so that people realize that he's still on the field. It's the fucking Jerome Boger Show and the teams are just guests on his stage.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
X said:
but he's not really indicative of the kind of moral turpitude The Shield claims to stand for.

True, but maybe the "so proclaimed" erudites & bourgeoisie want to ensure that Lewis ends his career on a high note to enhancee the fact that the Shield also can stand for a second chance...As long as you have talent.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
den-the-coach said:
X said:
but he's not really indicative of the kind of moral turpitude The Shield claims to stand for.
True, but maybe the "so proclaimed" erudites & bourgeoisie want to ensure that Lewis ends his career on a high note to enhancee the fact that the Shield also can stand for a second chance...As long as you have talent.
Solid counterpoint. Nice usage of bourgeoisie too. :sly:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
X said:
I think that guy wants the games to be about him. I think he gets upset when the game gets exciting and he's not the center of attention, so he has to toss his little hankie and key up his mic so that people realize that he's still on the field. It's the freaking Jerome Boger Show and the teams are just guests on his stage.

I don't think so IMO from the neck up Boger's worth a dime, he just has no clue and thinks "I have to call something." He's Phil Luckett 2.0!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
den-the-coach said:
X said:
I think that guy wants the games to be about him. I think he gets upset when the game gets exciting and he's not the center of attention, so he has to toss his little hankie and key up his mic so that people realize that he's still on the field. It's the freaking Jerome Boger Show and the teams are just guests on his stage.

I don't think so IMO from the neck up Boger's worth a dime, he just has no clue and thinks "I have to call something." He's Phil Luckett 2.0!
Well, I was being a *little* tongue-in-cheek there, but I still maintain he has an ego that needs to be satisfied by grabbing the spotlight from time to time. Not unrelated, his little "chuckle" over the mic when the Rams were booing the shit out of him is what really makes me dislike the guy.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
here's something from an earlier thread...
interference said:
Jermoe Boger has been a pain in the Rams side at other key games in our past as well, perhaps most recently and most notably our loss to the Seahags in 2010 that kept us out of the playoffs. I posted about it at the following: viewtopic.php?p=88571#p88571