Evan Silva thinks the Rams have had a good offseason, but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
... not enough to put them with the Seahawks and 49ers

[mp3]http://www.101sports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Evan-Silva.mp3[/mp3]

Evan Silva, NBC Sports NFL Writer, joined Zach and Rammer to talk about where the Rams rank heading into the season, why they aren't in the discussion yet in the NFC West, and Tim Tebow (<-- really?).

nighttrain

Legend
Re: Evan Silva thinks the Rams have had a good offseason, bu

We shall see.
train
ps 4-1-1 last season mean anything. Stupid robot

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

WOW, Evan, Really? I understand why Evan really went out on a limb to report this. All of us know that the 49ers & Seahawks will be the darlings of the Media, but what all Ram fans hope for is like last season we punch them in the mouth.

Much more pressure on the Seahawks & 49ers and if either team struggles and the Rams showcase some big play ability early, many pundits like Evan Silva will be reporting about the best kept secret in the NFC West...Jeff Fisher and the St. Louis Rams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

den-the-coach said:
WOW, Evan, Really? I understand why Evan really went out on a limb to report this. All of us know that the 49ers & Seahawks will be the darlings of the Media, but what all Ram fans hope for is like last season we punch them in the mouth.

Much more pressure on the Seahawks & 49ers and if either team struggles and the Rams showcase some big play ability early, many pundits like Evan Silva will be reporting about the best kept secret in the NFC West...Jeff Fisher and the St. Louis Rams.

Yep den those two western coastal base themselves with UN-reality. The football world like the big eastern coastal teams get all the massive love available. Makes it all the harder to explain away what happen last yr and what will be even a nastier beating this season. It will be nice to sit back and see all the pats on the backs and the hugs that the Media give those two western teams after the trouncing the Rams give them. Meanwhile the Ram just caught them on one of those off their game days....But we all know the Rams are the same ole Rams......

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i expect nothing less than a 4 and 2 record in the division. i expect the rams to beat all comers at home.

now the rams have to work on their performances against teams out of their division. this will be the determining factor for their playoff hopes. 3 and 7 isn't going to cut it. they have to go at least 6 and 4 out of the division.

they can't have letdown games after facing teams in their division. the losses to the dolphins and the jets still rub me the wrong way. if they can manage to stay focused the sky's the limit.

10 and 6 is achievable.

Slappy967

Starter

I think the article has less to do with the Rams not getting the respect they deserve and more to do with the last time we had higher expectations after our decent 2010 season and then that bubble being burst by the abysmal 2011 campaign.

jap

Legend

BonifayRam said:
den-the-coach said:

Yep den those two western coastal base themselves with UN-reality. The football world like the big eastern coastal teams get all the massive love available. Makes it all the harder to explain away what happen last yr and what will be even a nastier beating this season. It will be nice to sit back and see all the pats on the backs and the hugs that the Media give those two western teams after the trouncing the Rams give them. Meanwhile the Ram just caught them on one of those off their game days....But we all know the Rams are the same ole Rams......

Yeah, they are a return to the "same ole Rams" of the 1973-1989, who kicked '9er hiney repeatedly.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

jap said:
Yeah, they are a return to the "same ole Rams" of the 1973-1989, who kick '9er hiney repeatedly.

Your so kind in your description of those mass scoreboad & on field distruction (not PC) of the the 9ers back then... :mrgreen:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max

The Rams play both of their home games against the Niners and Hawks in Prime Time.

Playing Thursday night and Monday night is a big advantage for the home team. The Rams D destroyed the Cards on Thursday night last year. The noise really helped our pass rush. So yeah, I expect the Rams to win those 2 home games.

And I expect the Rams to beat AZ in the opener. I think they are a 6 or 7 point favorite right now.

I don't think they will sweep more than one team, so 4-2 looks about right. But 3-3 at the least.

The Rams need to go at least 6-4 the rest of the schedule.

Last year they were 3-7 outside their division. That's a bad record. They need to at least double that. They should be able to get 6 wins against these 10 teams.
Dallas
Atlanta
TB
Saints
Panthers
Bears
Colts
Titans
Jags
Houston

I see 10 wins as very doable.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Why does anyone continue to listen to media douchebags like this one? I really could care less what he has to say. We'll prove it on the field, and that's all I care about.

Speeps

Starter

I think it's funny how people dismiss the Rams 4-1-1 record. I hope the Seahawks and 49ers are still thinking it's a fluke. It's a tragedy. Rams will be very impressive again in the division.

jap

Legend

Speeps said:
I think it's funny how people dismiss the Rams 4-1-1 record. I hope the Seahawks and 49ers are still thinking it's a fluke. It's a tragedy. Rams will be very impressive again in the division.

Neither the 'Hawks, '9ers, or the Cards believe the Rams fluked anything. And you better believe they are all watching the Rams' acquisition of talent.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame

Stranger said:
Why does anyone continue to listen to media douchebags like this one? I really could care less what he has to say. We'll prove it on the field, and that's all I care about.

Silva actually favors the Rams.

I understand why a lot of outsiders are skeptical. Shit, I'm still skeptical

jap

Legend

With all the young players and the newcomers there is reason for concern that everyone gels quickly. However, our "safety net" is a savvy, veteran coaching crew that knows these young 'uns gotta get up and at 'em very quickly. They have seen the schedule and know they have their work cut for them to get these young players ready early on. Thankfully, our draftees lean most definitely toward the football intelligent side and should be ready sooner than later.

Don't be surprised to see or hear about Sam putting in overtime with his receivers (i.e., WR's, TE's, and RB's) to ensure they are in decent shape scheme knowledge-wise by Game One. During the 2011 off-season, which was shortened by the NFL-PA standoff, Sam organized training sessions with his fly-guys on his own. Look for similar leadership roles by the Baby Animal, Chris Long, newcomer Jake Long along with Scott Wells and Harvey Dahl.

These guys got very close to the playoffs last year and finished the year knowing they were not that far off. They are approaching this new season with renewed vigor. Now the offensive firepower is here, and the process of defining roles, fleshing out effective schemes, and having new natural leaders emerge in the various team units will begin. Some leaders are already established as named above. However, some team units (e.g., WR's, safeties, RB's ) are still awaiting the emersion of their alpha males.

I wanna see these young kids catch fire early and rampage through this league this season. I wanna see Sam the Ram make up for three years of dealing with offensive 'skills player' inadequacy and average to shoddy OL's. I wanna see Rams D make a serious effort at eclipsing the NFL sack record. I wanna see Greg the Leg replace Tom Dempsey Co. in the record books. I wanna see the '9ers, 'Hawks, and Cards learn first hand who their Daddy really is. :twisted: :lol:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Speeps said:

I think it's funny the national media is all up the seaworms ass b/c of 3 games.

And a WR that's a literal headache about to happen.

DUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMBBBBBBBB.

Fuck the seaworms.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

libertadrocks said:
Stranger said:

Silva actually favors the Rams.

I understand why a lot of outsiders are skeptical. shyte, I'm still skeptical
Huh. Is that what "favors the Rams" sounds like? :idk: