Ethan Westbrooks (Will he get playing time?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Now that Chris Long is on the IR (To hopefully return later this season!) do you think Ethan Westbrooks will start to see some playing time for the Rams Defense? I realize he is still behind Eugene Sims & William Hayes but I personally think he will be better than both those players in the very near future and I hope he gets at least some playing time in the upcoming weeks. If, the Rams can re-sign Robert Quinn (and, I don't see how that can even be a question BUT then again this IS the Rams and nothing surprises me anymore!) then I can honestly see Quinn & Westbrooks (And, Long) becoming a very dynamic DE force for the Rams in the near future!

Alan

Legend
I see no reason why he wouldn't be in the mix but since he's a marginal player it will probably depend on injury induced needs elsewhere on the roster.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think he gets downs this week,wasn't he the only DE on the inactive list? I think he's activated and gets in the rotation but I'd say it'll be a short leash

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I really like this guy and hope he gets some playing time in the near future. But how many times can someone say "definitely" in one interview?

He "definitely" isn't a fence sitter. :)

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
With Long out and Hayes and Sims both fighting their own injuries, I'd say that he gets playing time without a doubt.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I really like this guy and hope he gets some playing time in the near future. But how many times can someone say "definitely" in one interview?

I "DEFINITELY" like Westbrooks and I hope he has a long, successful career with the Rams!

rdw

Pro Bowler

I definitely counted 10. :whistle:

paceram

Pro Bowler
With Long out and Hayes and Sims both fighting their own injuries, I'd say that he gets playing time without a doubt.

I agree that Westbrooks will get some playing time tomorrow and I also think he will get his 1st Career NFL Sack tomorrow!

Jwise1727

UDFA
Westbrooks reminds me of Robert Quinn when he came out of college. Just so much raw talent. I think this guy has the potential to be starting material when Long's days as a Ram are over.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

Definately no more times than Tavon lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Anxious to see Westbrooks.

But, this is a deep line and I suspect he's in line for limited opportunities at this point.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Per Nick Wagoner and he is reporting he heard it from Fisher... Ethan will "definitely" (lol) get playing time. Here's the interview and it's not like until 2/3 of it is over. Also a good segment before it on William Hayes. Interview starts out about Rams Offense and what they might do different. A good listen regardless.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Per Nick Wagoner and he is reporting he heard it from Fisher... Ethan will "definitely" (lol) get playing time. Here's the interview and it's not like until 2/3 of it is over. Also a good segment before it on William Hayes. Interview starts out about Rams Offense and what they might do different. A good listen regardless.

Great News! Thanks for sharing this Audio Broadcast!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Westbrooks can be special. Would be nice if he broke out and became our starter replacing Chris Long when he gets long in the tooth.

Quinn - Brockers - Donald - Westbrooks the starting line of the future would be awesome.