ESPN’s Post-Draft Landscape of the NFC West

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

ESPN’s Cary Chow and Mark Schlereth take a look at the post-draft landscape of the NFC West. Schlereth: “I think this Rams team could be a surprise team.” (4:30)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Put any NFC West team in the AFC South and they are playoff bound.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
ESPN Talking About the Rams: "Meh... tough division tough division... Sam Bradford... let's talk about the Niners some more."

That's what I heard.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
ESPN Talking About the Rams: "Meh... tough division tough division... Sam Bradford... let's talk about the Niners some more."

That's what I heard.
I suspect the in declining ESPN net is going to have a real bad NFL 2014 season. When the Rams, Cards & Seachickens put 6 Western Division losses in the 9ers bottom dwelling unit!

ESPN has its people already working on the elite excuses for the 9ers demise.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I suspect the in declining ESPN net is going to have a real bad NFL 2014 season. When the Rams, Cards & Seachickens put 6 Western Division losses in the 9ers bottom dwelling unit!

ESPN has its people already working on the elite excuses for the 9ers demise.

Yep, you're some sweat and staggering speech this year when the Niners begin to stumble.

You keep hearing about the Niners running game, what about the Rams running game? Carlos Hyde is another Frank Gore type. It's not they've really gained anything, here.

Kapernick feet will be too happy to find his WR's, too.

Kap reading the field: "Hike! Alright... no one is looking back... Donald CRAP! *scramble* DOUBLE CRAP! QUINN! *smack* Dam that hurt. Where's the flag? He hit me while I had the ball in my hand! Isn't that a penalty or something? Horse crap..."

Yep, you're some sweat and staggering speech this year when the Niners begin to stumble.

You keep hearing about the Niners running game, what about the Rams running game? Carlos Hyde is another Frank Gore type. It's not they've really gained anything, here.

Kapernick feet will be too happy to find his WR's, too.

Kap reading the field: "Hike! Alright... no one is looking back... Donald CRAP! *scramble* DOUBLE CRAP! QUINN! *smack* Dam that hurt. Where's the flag? He hit me while I had the ball in my hand! Isn't that a penalty or something? Horse crap..."

Yeah but Crabtree, Boldin and Johnson will be deadly, you don't need a great QB with those 3 to throw to.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
They've got a pretty damn good O line, sure that prick gets sacked a lot, but all the running QBs do.

Just stack the box, bracket Davis, and we have the DC to scare the crap out of Krapernick.

Don't sleep on our secondary. Jenkins is a ball hawk. Tim Walton screwed with his game.

Just stack the box, bracket Davis, and we have the DC to scare the crap out of Krapernick.

Don't sleep on our secondary. Jenkins is a ball hawk. Tim Walton screwed with his game.

I think we can take them, but I still think they'll be a very good team.

I was just wondering about Jenkins, looking at the stats our pass D was better in 2012 (than '13) but was still awful. Does anyone keep individual stats? Are those additional INTs really worth the high completion percentage and long passes?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

I was just wondering about Jenkins, looking at the stats our pass D was better in 2012 (than '13) but was still awful. Does anyone keep individual stats? Are those additional INTs really worth the high completion percentage and long passes?

I don't know that stat. I do know Johnson's was better, though. Greg Williams will prove to be a huge addition.

Weren't we all expect the Rams to be a very aggressive team last year, defensively? The phylosophy change must have even took the players
by surprise.

James L. said with the hiring of Williams: "I'd much rather lose attacking than sitting back." (Paraphrasing)

I can't imagine any player preferring to sit back with a DL this strong. That's what bad defenses do.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Sure don't want to see Lamarcus Joyner trying to cover Anquan Boldin in the slot. Mis-match city.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

The defense as a whole was better in 2012....statistically IIRC.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Sure don't want to see Lamarcus Joyner trying to cover Anquan Boldin in the slot. Mis-match city.
True but not many DB's can cover him anywhere. This could be the year Boldin slows down. Right? Lol.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The 9ers weakness now is in their secondary. They also will start the season without their two great LBers. DT Smith is already 35yrs old & will be the mainstay in that DL. However that 9ers powerful OL & their starting receivers are second to none. Vernon Davis continues to kill the Rams back 7. The offense will be just as good. The defense is very questionable.

SierraRam

Recreational User
The 9ers weakness now is in their secondary. They also will start the season without their two great LBers. DT Smith is already 35yrs old & will be the mainstay in that DL. However that 9ers powerful OL & their starting receivers are second to none. Vernon Davis continues to kill the Rams back 7. The offense will be just as good. The defense is very questionable.

I hope GW has an answer for this guy and every other TE we let run free down the middle of the field. Hopefully we'll see no sophmore slump or regression from TJ. He's our man back there in the middle - but I have a feeling our back 7 will be allowed to jump routes and make plays courtesy of the best D-Line in football.

SierraRam

Recreational User

That's what I heard.

images
Draft Summary: Rams won - suck it niners

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Yeah but Crabtree, Boldin and Johnson will be deadly, you don't need a great QB with those 3 to throw to.
May not need a great QB, but if you are playin the Rams you will need a competent QB which seattle and sf do not have.

May not need a great QB, but if you are playin the Rams you will need a competent QB which seattle and sf do not have.

Any QB who can put up back to back seasons of 100+ passer rating is a competent QB, I don't care what team they are on, what the O requires them to do, when Russell throws the ball he's damn good at it.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
You have to assume the officials are going to let Boldin continue to have offensive pass interference as part of his game! Makes him tough to cover! I'm paranoid about refs who favor players/teams in their officiating!