ESPN's NFL player poll about marijuana had some surprising results

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bruce2980

Starter
For me, this would be true. For others, weed clears the mind and allows focus. I have a friend with ADHD like this. It works wonders.

The author is a perfect example of how much false information and misconception surround Marijuana.

There is no valid reason for weed to be illegal.
A very "valid" reason for MJ to be illegal, is that it would spell doom for the Nazi Pharmaceutical Industries profits. And I do mean "Nazi Pharmaceutical Industry." The Nuremberg trials were centered around their crimes and funding of Adolf Hitler, running concentration camps, performing experiments without informed consent, etc. etc., and many of these crimes against humanity continue to this very day by these exact companies. http://www.naturalnews.com/024534_Europe_health_WHO.html
And some people thought that Germany lost the war, lol.
Aside from that I am not at all surprised that NFL players would be in favor of it being legalized, even if for "medicinal" purposes only. Their is too much research being conducted outside of this country that scientifically illustrate the many health and dietary benefits of consuming this plant for it to remain illegal for much longer.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
cannabis-gym.jpg

(y) Ricky approves this message.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
It's on the ballot in Florida, too...

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Considering that it's a more reliable painkiller compared to what pharmas offer, I'm all for legalizing it.

It's simply respecting US laws, there would be significant government intervention had they allowed players to use it even for medical reasons. Hopefully Federal law will decriminalize it in the near future; that's certainly a step forward.

I know it's ambitious to go straight to legalization but making changes in the US political climate can only be done if you stick with the 4th and inches gameplan rather than the 60 yard bomb to the endzone; that goes nowhere with this government.

I get that for sure but I don't think that the only reason. I suspect there's a personal element (Goodell) to the hard line approach as well. It's kind of hypocritical given all the beer ads in the NFL. Even though it's technically illegal at a federal level from what I can tell the federal government has largely let the states manage this in their own ways.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the NFL needs to hire Carl Spackler to oversee its turf progam

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
It's a fucking plant, this should be a non issue. It's okay to go out get drunk, get a dui or go home and beat up your wife but you smoke a joint and stay home and you get a suspension. Makes sense. o_O

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
A lot better for players than pain meds, not to mention it's legal in a lot of nfl states .

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Britt is legit. And the oline is definitely better pass blocking then run blocking

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Yeah as a pain killer or for any other medical use, the legal alternatives typically have far worse side effects. It's use was villianized for political purposes and that original cause to besmirch the plant are so long gone it's not even funny.

What blows me away is alcohol and the black market that prohibition created. The amount of money that grew organized crime into the behemoth it became. Any lessons learned from that at all?

I don't know but I'm just guessing that, aside from speeding it has to be the most popular illegal activity in our country. I'm guessing that way more than a majority of our popular support it's legalization and the only thing stopping that is money. Big money organized crime that we created by our own stupidity.

Dear God I don't like to go on political rants, but how bought and paid for is a democracy when the vast majority can't change one stupid law?

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
probably beer companies pushing it away from the NFL. would you really need an $11 beer after you were high??
i'd pay $5 for a really good brownie at the snack bar though.

Ellard80

Legend
It's a freaking plant, this should be a non issue. It's okay to go out get drunk, get a dui or go home and beat up your wife but you smoke a joint and stay home and you get a suspension. Makes sense. o_O

It doesn't make much sense... however sir. "It's just a plant" is well... most drugs even the highly addictive ones come from plants...

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
It doesn't make much sense... however sir. "It's just a plant" is well... most drugs even the highly addictive ones come from plants...
Touche, but those other drugs have no positivws about them or medicinal uses like cannabis does.