ESPN's "First Take" on Tavon Austin (Pre-Draft Discussion)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9KXCM1qjVg[/youtube]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Re: ESPN's "First Take" on Tavon Austin (Pre-Draft Discussio

Damn even positive shit is exruiating to listen to.

The first 15 seconds of this Stephen Smith says if you are only a WR you better be Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitz? Huh? Those 2 players have been to the playoffs a whopping total 3 times.

If you're a RB better be the second coming of Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson? What? Talk about a slap to the face of Arian Foster or Steven Jackson.

Then Skip piles on and says Tavon Austin can be Barry Sanders? Really? See, this is exactly why rookies seem to do less...hype on them is beyond belief and when the actual season gets here, they say he "disappoints." No, not really, the hype was so far up there that normal rookie seasons seem bad.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken

Angry Ram said:
Damn even positive shyte is exruiating to listen to.

The first 15 seconds of this Stephen Smith says if you are only a WR you better be Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitz? Huh? Those 2 players have been to the playoffs a whopping total 3 times.

Umm...You're telling me that it's their fault that they only gotten to the playoffs 3 times? Come on man....Megatron and Fitz are top notch WR's right now. If the Ram's had any of these caliber players we would be ecstatic.

Angry Ram

Ram_Fan said:
Angry Ram said:

Umm...You're telling me that it's their fault that they only gotten to the playoffs 3 times? Come on man....Megatron and Fitz are top notch WR's right now. If the Ram's had any of these caliber players we would be ecstatic.

That's my point...that alone won't get it done.

So many other teams have been to the playoffs multiple times w/o one of those WRs.

It's ridiculous to say that if a WR isn't one of those guys you aren't worth taking. That's basically what Stephen is saying. Sheesh even typing that was painful.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Not Barry Sanders...............Barry Allen
Wanted to insert an image here but nothing works,no smileys nuthin

<a class="postlink" href="http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/flash.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.co ... /flash.jpg</a>

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Angry Ram said:
Damn even positive shit is exruiating to listen to.

If you're a RB better be the second coming of Barry Sanders or Adrian Peterson? What? Talk about a slap to the face of Arian Foster or Steven Jackson.

Then Skip piles on and says Tavon Austin can be Barry Sanders? Really? See, this is exactly why rookies seem to do less...hype on them is beyond belief and when the actual season gets here, they say he "disappoints." No, not really, the hype was so far up there that normal rookie seasons seem bad.

You seem to be........angry.

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken

Angry Ram said:
Ram_Fan said:
Angry Ram said:

So many other teams have been to the playoffs multiple times w/o one of those WRs.

It's ridiculous to say that if a WR isn't one of those guys you aren't worth taking. That's basically what Stephen is saying. Sheesh even typing that was painful.

Of course it won't get it done, because it's a team game. Having one of those pieces increases your chances rather than having let say Mr. Gibson on your team. If we had Megatron on this team I bet we would have been more productive on the passing game, and as a offense overall. If you think otherwise you're being delusional. They create mismatches.

That's my point.....Having someone like Megatron only benefits a team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Ram_Fan said:
Angry Ram said:
Ram_Fan said:
Angry Ram said:

Of course it won't get it done, because it's a team game. Having one of those pieces increases your chances rather than having let say Mr. Gibson on your team. If we had Megatron on this team I bet we would have been more productive on the passing game, and as a offense overall. If you think otherwise you're being delusional. They create mismatches.

I don't think that is exactly what Angry is saying. Unless I'm wrong, he's not saying that you take Gibby in the first round but a guy doesn't have to be CJ or Fitz or AP in order for you to take him in the 1st as a great choice to fill out your offense.

If you already have a pretty good #1 for example, do you not take a potentially really good #2 WR to complete your WR group? I think you do if you think that player puts you in position to win - period. Or do you have to wait until there is another CJ or Fitz before you are justified in THEIR eyes.

These guys bug me too with their all-knowing rhetoric. There are so many ways to build a team but these tools don't get paid for that. They get paid to hype and bluster about crap for which they will never be held responsible.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

RamFan503 said:
Ram_Fan said:
Angry Ram said:
Ram_Fan said:
Angry Ram said:

I don't think that is exactly what Angry is saying. Unless I'm wrong, he's not saying that you take Gibby in the first round but a guy doesn't have to be CJ or Fitz or AP in order for you to take him in the 1st as a great choice to fill out your offense.

If you already have a pretty good #1 for example, do you not take a potentially really good #2 WR to complete your WR group? I think you do if you think that player puts you in position to win - period. Or do you have to wait until there is another CJ or Fitz before you are justified in THEIR eyes.

These guys bug me too with their all-knowing rhetoric. There are so many ways to build a team but these tools don't get paid for that. They get paid to hype and bluster about crap for which they will never be held responsible.
Just a reminder that these guys are merely shock jocks selling eyeballs to 7th Avenue. Hence, there's never going to be that much rationality or objectivity in their "commentary". Perhaps that's the reason why I get my football news from ROD.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Stranger said:
Just a reminder that these guys are merely shock jocks selling eyeballs to 7th Avenue. Hence, there's never going to be that much rationality or objectivity in their "commentary". Perhaps that's the reason why I get my football news from ROD.

This^^^

Angry Ram

RamFan503 said:
Ram_Fan said:
Angry Ram said:
Ram_Fan said:
Angry Ram said:

Yup. Hit the non existent nail on its non existent head.