ESPN's Dan Graziano: Bad Sign that Chip Kelly Was Willing to trade Nick Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Can Nick Foles help the Rams win? ESPN NFL Insider Dan Graziano thinks that it is a bad sign that Chip Kelly was willing to trade Nick Foles to St. Louis. According to Graziano, Foles isn’t the kind of QB who can elevate the performance of the rest of the team. He can’t raise a team to contender level by himself.

Watch Graziano Talk Foles

fearsomefour

Legend
No new info here.
But, I don't disagree. I would not extend Foles now. He is a C+ guy to me. But, he is still pretty young and can probably grow. What does a C+ QB demand now? $11M a year?
Crazy.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
We have seen A and C+ out of the kid. I think the what he really will be is right in the middle, a good solid B and that would put this team over the top.

Big Game

Living The Dream
So Nick Foles wins in Philly seems to be a vocal leader who can play yet now he can't elevate a team since he came to the Rams.

But Chip chooses Sam Bradford a guy who didn't win is not much of a vocal leader and can't stay healthy but hey I guess he will elevate the performance of the Eagles.

Hmmmm not buying it!!!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
What the fuck has happened to American journalism?

This is not a report -- but again just a horribly crafted opinion that once again claims that Nick Foles is a system quarterback that wasn't good enough for the system he played under Chip Kelly.
And according to Dan Graziano, AKA East Coast "talking heads," all the credit for Foles 27 TD 2 interception season has nothing to do with his skill set or play, but all due to Chip Kelly's offense.

Well here is a quote from Chip Kelly himself that basically dismisses what this Dan Graziano guy is saying:

“It’s still all about the players,” Kelly said. “I can put some players in there and they’re not going to complete a pass. It’s still personnel driven. That whole, `It’s the system, it’s not the system.’ It’s still about the players and putting them in positions where you can read their strengths and read their weaknesses and put them in position to make plays.”

WEAK

FRO

Legend
I wouldn't get hyped or bent out of shape over praise or criticism over Foles. I would let the year play out before thinking about extending his contract. Come the regular season we will have a good gauge on how good or bad Foles is. I'm hoping for average. I think that's all we need to win.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I wouldn't get hyped or bent out of shape over praise or criticism over Foles. I would let the year play out before thinking about extending his contract. Come the regular season we will have a good gauge on how good or bad Foles is. I'm hoping for average. I think that's all we need to win.

Well GOOD GOD MAN! Lets hope for elite! nothing wrong with that! but your right about the average is all we need to win.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
If you look long enough, you can find any flavor of report you want. This time of year is so horrible about this. guys wanting to "get their name out there...." take little pot shots so they can build up their following. I can't wait for football to really start and wash away all of the coulda, woulda, shoulda's...........
And then we get real reports like our great camp reporters and company:banana::bow::cheers:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Since Chip Kelly was willing to trade Nick Foles, it is a sign that he isn't that great? Chip Kelly was also willing to trade Shady McCoy, Pro Bowl player and top 5 RB, but I guess he is no good either?

fearsomefour

Legend
What the freak has happened to American journalism?

This is not a report -- but again just a horribly crafted opinion that once again claims that Nick Foles is a system quarterback that wasn't good enough for the system he played under Chip Kelly.
And according to Dan Graziano, AKA East Coast "talking heads," all the credit for Foles 27 TD 2 interception season has nothing to do with his skill set or play, but all due to Chip Kelly's offense.

Well here is a quote from Chip Kelly himself that basically dismisses what this Dan Graziano guy is saying:

“It’s still all about the players,” Kelly said. “I can put some players in there and they’re not going to complete a pass. It’s still personnel driven. That whole, `It’s the system, it’s not the system.’ It’s still about the players and putting them in positions where you can read their strengths and read their weaknesses and put them in position to make plays.”

WEAK
Right.
So Kelly wanted a more skilled player at the QB spot.
It makes sense for both teams.

nighttrain

Legend
Can Nick Foles help the Rams win? ESPN NFL Insider Dan Graziano thinks that it is a bad sign that Chip Kelly was willing to trade Nick Foles to St. Louis. According to Graziano, Foles isn’t the kind of QB who can elevate the performance of the rest of the team. He can’t raise a team to contender level by himself.

Watch Graziano Talk Foles
and neither could Bradford from the IR
train

Big Game

Living The Dream
Since Chip Kelly was willing to trade Nick Foles, it is a sign that he isn't that great? Chip Kelly was also willing to trade Shady McCoy, Pro Bowl player and top 5 RB, but I guess he is no good either?

Bingo but funny the reporter didn't mention McCoy hahaha. this guy is a horrible reporter giving his opinion but hey to each his own. lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
In Bradford's case, it actually is more green over there.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Hell, I can flip this around: Bad sign that Jeff Fisher was willing to trade Sam Bradford.

News Flash: Bradford is ALWAYS injured, so even if the knee holds up, something else will likely knock him out of games. We got Foles and a 2nd rounder so I'm totally good with that.