ESPN’s Alden Gonzalez Talks Quinn and Peters Trades

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
ESPN’s Alden Gonzalez Talks Quinn and Peters Trades –Audio

ESPN’s Alden Gonzalez joined the fellas to talk about Rams LB Robert Quinn getting traded to Miami. Plus, Alden give his reasons why the Rams got Marcus Peters via trade.

Listen to Gonzalez Talk Rams

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alden does an excellent job and also goes into detail about the contract for Aaron Donald, followed by Gurley than Jared Goff all being one year apart, but eventually taking up 103 of the Ram salary cap space. I really like Gonzalez, he brings a fresh perspective to the gig and does not make it about other things, just focuses on the Los Angeles Rams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Gonzalez makes some really good points, I don't agree 100%, but probably about 98%!

Austin

Rookie
Name
Douglas
Good info @den-the-coach, thanks. Brings us some clarity on what the Rams' plans are (at least publically). I'm not looking forward to the Todd Gurley extension decision, myself. Worried that the smart thing will be to not pay him if he demands a huge number, and I like him as a player and personality, and would hate for him to be gone.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams are seeing this right. They're clearing JAGs to pay the difference makers. Nearly $100M available for next year. Will roughly have $60K this year after Barron/Tavon go. Only thing he didn't get into--which I am sure he's well aware of--is the OL status through 2019 which represents a complete rebuild if they don't resign at least a couple of them.

But either way that $60M is gonna go quick this year, with immediate starting needs at C, CB2, ROLB, SILB, NT, S, and CB3. Not even counting depth needs there like OLB to replace roster spot that would be vacant. Draft can't get 'em all, probably going to take care of ROLB, CB2, SILB, NT, & C just off the top of my head. Leaving them needing to address S and CB3 at a minimum in FA by re-signing Robey-Coleman and Joyner.

Huge offseason for us and for Les to show he's got the skills to get 'er done. He's off to a great start but there's a lot of damn work to go.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good info @den-the-coach, thanks. Brings us some clarity on what the Rams' plans are (at least publically). I'm not looking forward to the Todd Gurley extension decision, myself. Worried that the smart thing will be to not pay him if he demands a huge number, and I like him as a player and personality, and would hate for him to be gone.

I have the same concern Austin. RB position has been undervalued due to supply and demand, where the supply outstrips the demand. That is not going to change, and when coupled with the beating those guys take I don't think it's prudent to break the bank on that particular position.

I love TG in horns and want him to be our next great HoF running back. But with every great player there's always that chance the team goes the franchise tag route after his extension year for a year or two and then let him walk knowing his shelf life is likely short thereafter.

Still a year out so we'll see. But yeah it's a concern.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Great interview.

To me, the most interesting part was when Alden reminded us of what Snead said about what had been learned while watching these players through last year.

He said that they now know which players are good fits, and, more importantly, which ones are not.

Now the process can begin to replace the latter with the former.

And I think that the first 2 moves were MP coming in and Quinn going out.

There will be many more moves, no doubt.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame

The upcoming Bell contract will tell us all we need to know. That said, I don't know how we keep him.