ESPN Talking up the Rams!/Week 12 Power Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
5. Rams (8-3; No. 6): Maybe they’ll fill the Coliseum for a playoff game. Or maybe not.(I'm really beginning to detest this clown) :mad:

Can someone please give this fuckwit the memo that 30,000 seats will always be empty at rams home games. Isn't it this cocksucker's job to know shit like that?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
9. Jaguars (7-4; No. 8): For the first time ever, a “Blake” faced a “Blaine” in a game that didn’t involve a shuttlecock
Not a Florio fan; but I am a comedy fan, and that's gold.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.si.com/nfl-expert-game-picks-peter-king-sports-illustrated-mmqb-staff

Picking the games for straight-up winners this season . . .

Andrew Brandt, Business of Football Columnist
Jonathan Jones, Staff Writer
Peter King, Editor-In-Chief
Bette Marston, Senior Producer
Mark Mravic, Executive Editor
Jenny Vrentas, Senior Writer

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-week-13-spread-picks

LOS ANGELES RAMS AT ARIZONA CARDINALS (OVER/UNDER 45)
Pick: Rams 23 – 17 (the under hits)

Point (EE): While the Rams have an explosive offense, five of their last seven games have gone under 45 points (their first four games all went over this total). Some of these totals have been in blowout wins for them (i.e. their 33-0 win against the Cardinals in London), while other games (like their game a week ago against an explosive Saints team) simply played out as a slow, lower-scoring game (until the Saints scored a late touchdown to push it to 46).

The Cardinals offense is the second-worst unit in our offensive rating system, while their defense has only one starter with a PFF player grade below 72.9 through 12 weeks. With the Eagles, Seahawks and Titans coming up on their schedule, this might be a tough spot for the Rams, which could lead to the tight, low-scoring game that would be conducive to the under here.

Counterpoint (GC): Last week we saw the opening act of ‘David’ Blaine Gabbert (the “t” is silent), he put up a 105.6 passer rating on throws 10-plus yards downfield against a Jaguars defense that had allowed a league best 32.2 rating on such throws entering the game and he did so with a moustache that cannot be described accurately by my limited vocabulary.

Seems a little foolish to bet against a guy with that type of magical power and this week he gets a Rams defense that ranks fifth in the NFL allowing a passer rating of just 68.0 on throws 10-plus yards past the line of scrimmage. With Blaine pulling touchdowns out of hats on one side, the vulnerability shifts to Jared Goff and the Rams potent play action attack –

Goff is averaging 10.9 yards per play action pass (second) while having those play action targets contested at the second-lowest rate in the league (this is where you remember that Sean McVay was 12 when you graduated college and is more mature than you and all your friends combined).

The Cardinals defense has been susceptible to the play-action pass this season, giving up the third-highest completion rate off the play fake. Take the under, then go for a four-hour walk.

Last edited:

Zodi

Hall of Fame
It seems odd to put the Rams in front of the Vikings.

Agreed, altho I'm still waiting for Keenum to become Keenum.

I'd say we're fourth or fifth. Eagles, Patriots, Steelers, Vikings, Rams I think is fair.

I couldn't care less about power rankings tho. NFL is more week to week than ever. Say the Rams lose to the Vikings and Seahawks but beat the Saints and Eagles. How in the world would you rank that?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Saints offense was overrated. The Breed factor was the driving force in thinking they were the Marques Colston crew. Breed didn't look so great. Who did they defeat that showed they were so good? So, now instead of thinking they oversold the Saints the pundits instead are convinced that if the Rams can beat the Saints they have to be for real, because they convinced themselves that a team led by Payton and Breed has to be incredible. Who knows? Maybe if their two dbs weren't injured the Rams lose and are rated 8th this week.

Point is certain things carry too much weight in these rankings. But if you have to rank them then 5th doesn't seem too far off.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
This is how ESPN does all things. In a vacuum of their own sucking so to speak.
They had Dallas ahead of the Rams for weeks after the Rams beat Dallas.
Let's say Pittsburgh beat NE by one point while the Rams beat AZ by 21 points. Would they move Pitts ahead of NE? Maybe, maybe not. Would they move them ahead of the Rams? For sure.

Look at what you just said ?

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Can someone please give this fuckwit the memo that 30,000 seats will always be empty at rams home games. Isn't it this corksocker's job to know crap like that?

I don’t know where you have been ? USC sells out at times when they are in a National Championship race.

In fact September against Texas.

The Rams sold out there first preseason game back against Dallas to break a NFL Record .

There was a poster who just sold is ticket for Philly for 3X’s his face value. That is not a flex game either.

The Raiders sold out many of times during there time.

Your talking about a NFL playoff game vs a preseason game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed, altho I'm still waiting for Keenum to become Keenum.

I'd say we're fourth or fifth. Eagles, Patriots, Steelers, Vikings, Rams I think is fair.

I couldn't care less about power rankings tho. NFL is more week to week than ever. Say the Rams lose to the Vikings and Seahawks but beat the Saints and Eagles. How in the world would you rank that?

Very highly because of the way of the schedule , especially if they do it twice & th last one was on the road.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t know where you have been ? USC sells out at times when they are in a National Championship race.

In fact September against Texas.

The Rams sold out there first preseason game back against Dallas to break a NFL Record .

There was a poster who just sold is ticket for Philly for 3X’s his face value. That is not a flex game either.

The Raiders sold out many of times during there time.

Your talking about a NFL playoff game vs a preseason game.

The rams are only making 70k seats available for their games. That fuckwit knows this yet every week he makes a snarky comment about the crowd at their home games.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The rams are only making 70k seats available for their games. That fuckwit knows this yet every week he makes a snarky comment about the crowd at their home games.

Well The Rams are back & LA is going to support them. The Charger fair weather fans will support them as well.

Funny thing is it could be a LA vs. LA Super Bowl.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Makes sense in an ESPN sort of way.

Maybe so ??

Dallas is a Heck if a good team with Zek Elliott & at the time they seemed to be.

The season always plays itself out.The Rams lost to the Redskins at home early in the season.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Seriously... does he lay money down on the attendance for every Rams home game?

He's obsessed with this topic... find something else to rag on the Rams about, Clownio.

Florio was trolling St Louis for attendance too, even when the Rams weren't winning.

MDS does the same thing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/11/27/the-rams-are-for-real-and-other-week-12-thoughts/

The Rams, playing in front of tens of thousands of empty seats at the Coliseum....So Los Angeles has one of the best teams in the league. The big question facing the NFL in its Los Angeles experiment is whether they can get SoCal to care....Now the Sean McVay Rams are a good team with a thrilling offense, but the fans aren’t back. It would be a shame if these Rams didn’t get the appreciation they deserve.