ESPN reviews Rams 2017 draft as "near perfection"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Nice to see they're high on our draft but grading a draft before year 3 is kind of a waste of time.
This is simply the first season evaluation.

Everybody wants their instant gratitude evaluation. That's all this is.

But yeah, not a long-term evaluation which is actually more important.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Why would you even listen to people with agendas?
Don't you trust your own opinions?

That's actually not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying the Rams don't get credit where it's due. That's all lol. I'm not diving into the human psyche

The Ramowl

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey actually I don't think we have been treated that unfairly by the sports media this year. I mean there have been doubters, but we also have been #2 on nfl.com power rankings for a long time, a lot of talking heads said a lot of good things about the Rams all year. For 5 years, the team was supposed to make a turn around and never has, so you have to accept that people don't all jump on the bandwagon after 4 wins.
Hey, when we were 3-1, everyone was already saying "those are not last year Rams, watch out"

Then yes, a lot had doubts about our capacity to make a good run in the playoffs, that annoyed me as well. Turns out they were not that wrong about that.

I think we get the credit we are due

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
How many top ten draft picks have the Browns had in the last ten years? How many games have they won in the last ten years? I expect them to reach for another "Johnny Football" type pick with one of their first rounds.

And if you recall they traded up to get him.

Idiots.

There was a lot of support for drafting Johnny Tricycle on some Rams boards. "He's a winner" was the drumbeat..........LOL.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
And if you recall they traded up to get him.

Idiots.

There was a lot of support for drafting Johnny Tricycle on some Rams boards. "He's a winner" was the drumbeat..........LOL.
I think the term moxy, mojo or something or another :)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I think the term moxy, mojo or something or another :)

Yeah everyone got very quiet about him once he actually played in the NFL. Sandlot shit will work here and there in college, and even sometimes in the NFL, but the fact remains that the more you run around in the NFL the more you get yourself whacked. And with his narrow ass that mean Not For Long.

I am still dumbfounded that he was drafted at all. If you watched his highlight vids it was ALL broken plays and a couple of Hail Mary's. That shit doesn't fly in the NFL.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Overall, this was a pretty good draft considering there was no first round pick. In time Everett will be a key figure in the offense. He's got those kind of skills. I'm sure just about every publication that comes out preseason will have us pegged as division favorites. If they tag Watkins and bring back Sullivan all eleven starters on a high scoring offense will return.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nice to see they're high on our draft but grading a draft before year 3 is kind of a waste of time.
Agree.

The only thing we can say at this point is that, all things considered, the players selected in 2017 contributed well.

What will they do in 2018... 2019? We'll see.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Thought you might want to see how we were graded immediately following the draft :

USA Today put us dead last :

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ades-2017-best-worst-classes-picks/101083944/

The NFL ranks us one spot higher than the worst, ... Chicago :

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...7-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams

Sports Illustraded proves why they are better at picking swimsuit models than best drafts with only Chicago and the Jets ranking worse than the Rams :

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/04/29/nfl-draft-grades-team-picks-results-analysis

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I am still dumbfounded that he was drafted at all. If you watched his highlight vids it was ALL broken plays and a couple of Hail Mary's. That crap doesn't fly in the NFL.

I don't know, it seems to work pretty well for Wilson