ESPN: Rams Expecting Another Step Forward for Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Stats are cool to look at and all... but more looking forward to how far they can get in the playoffs next year with those stats.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Most impressive to me was that low INT rate. I was sweating that a bit before the season and the kid came through big time there. It really bodes well man.

Figure his rate will go up a little next year as he starts throwing with more confidence and taking more risks, but his TDs should go up a bit too.

Next year the "bust" storyline will morph into "can't win in the playoffs" though. And so on and so forth lol.
He loved throwing to wide open guys like McNabb always did....but, yes, for sure, he will have to take risks if he wants to win the big games---where the corners always play like "Dawgs"---Minnefield-Dixon for ya ol' boys!

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Don't knock it 'til you try it...
I try not to judge....but ya know, my wife always says 'here are your panties'; and I don't know if she doesn't get it, but I always say 'men call those boxers....'. It is the silent mind games that are the best, LOL...I gotta hand it to her, I have played the same game my whole life....I deserve it in return.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bvsix.gif

No crap its a step forward. Duh. Blatantly obvious under McV he strived forward. So yeah 1 year under McVay and expecting to move forward. Journalism. I am glad I dropped out of it in High School. Its redundant.
Aldon has to feed the beast...*shrugs

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
If this offense stays together, they will look even better next season . Goff and Watkins didn't have any time together in training camp .

I think jareds biggest improvement will be throwing a better deep ball, Sammy is the guy for that.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I can't remember if it was Jrry, but a few weeks ago someone broke down all 7 Ints. I think of the 7 only two we're truly bad decisions or throws. The other 5 were like deflected,final throw of a game, incorrect route run, or not on the same page as the receiver. He didn't make too many bad decisions with the ball this year and 4-1 ratio is unbelievable. Jared's arm talent is surely elite, and if he can keep developing mentally while keeping INTs down we will get back to the big game soon.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
There's no denying McVay's is a QB friendly system; he schemes receivers wide open. The knock against Goff is that this is the only reason for his success. The implication being that any QB could step in and perform well.

That may well be true to a degree but Goff is quite clearly a talented QB and, going forward, is going to prove that he's more than a "system QB" and will develop into an elite type of QB.

The reason I'm so confident about that is the throw in the Falcons game to Woods on the sideline. The one Collinsworth (I think) raved over and described as elite. The Falcons had done a brilliant job of stopping the receivers from getting consistent separation, getting pressure and causing the OL problems. Under those circumstances, Goff had to step up his game and that throw was put in the only place Woods (and not the CB) could catch it. Those are the kind of plays you see elite QBs make. As he develops, that'll happen more and more.