ESPN Power Rankings - week 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I do not get this "Love affair" with the 'Hags, They are playing like shit, Yet, with the exception of SBNation, everyone has them ranked 9th best in the League! And they all, again with the exception of SBNation, have Ariz. and the 'Hags ranked above us! HELL look at the PF and PA stats. and the W/L stat! Give-me-a-F-ing-Break!! :seizure:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
These things are about as useful as an appendix. Nothing more than random, subjective opinions. Don't let that shit get to you my brutha. The Rams will not be shown respect until they earn it. They won't earn it until they win games consistently.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
These things are about as useful as an appendix. Nothing more than random, subjective opinions. Don't let that crap get to you my brutha. The Rams will not be shown respect until they earn it. They won't earn it until they win games consistently.
Conversely, SEA and AZ will have to earn their reduced rankings. They remain in their honeymoon status... living off yesteryears.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/19/week-two-power-rankings-7/

Week Two power rankings
Posted by Mike Florio on September 19, 2017

1. Raiders (2-0; previously No. 2): Marshawn should polish up on his breakdancing because it feels like 1983 all over again the Raiders.

2. Chiefs (2-0; No. 3): If Spencer Ware hadn’t gotten injured, the Chiefs may not be undefeated.

3. Patriots (1-1; No. 5): Nice.

4. Falcons (2-0; No. 7): When the opponent is on the ropes, the Falcons need to learn how to punch them through.

5. Steelers (2-0; No. 8): Take away Bell, Brown gets you. Take away both, Bryant gets you.

6. Packers (1-1; No. 1): Take away Rodgers, and the Packers wouldn’t win a game.

7. Lions (2-0; No. 9): There’s a chance the Lions are great. There’s also a chance they simply have beaten two opposite-of-great teams.

8. Broncos (2-0; No. 15): The good news is they may have found a franchise quarterback in round seven. The bad news is they may have pissed away a first-round pick on a potential franchise quarterback.

9. Seahawks (1-1; No. 6): The Seahawks tend to get better as the season progresses. This year they definitely need to.

10. Cowboys (1-1; No. 4): Ezekiel Elliott‘s suspension didn’t start last week. It just seems that way.

11. Dolphins (1-0; No. 12): Cigarettes for everyone.

12. Ravens (2-0; No. 13): They should just have the defensive players play both ways.

13. Buccaneers (1-0; No. 16): The Bucs may not just be the second-best team in the division; they may be the second-best team in the NFC.

14. Panthers (2-0; No. 17): Cam Newton may be OK for now, but behind that offensive line he won’t be OK for long.

15. Titans (1-1; No. 19): From 2-4 in the AFC South a year ago to 1-0 this year; performance in the division will be the key to Tennessee’s season.

16. Eagles (1-1; No. 10): They’ve got a chance to make it a two-team race in the NFC East, if they can manhandle the Giants.

17. Vikings (1-1; No. 14): An old-school NFC Central fight with the Bucs could go a long way toward revealing whether the Vikings are for real.

18. Texans (1-1; No. 28): Better late than never — and just in time for the Patriots — Deshaun Watson is the guy.

19. Rams (1-1; No. 18): The annual RGIII bowl was about as inspiring as it ever is.

200.webp

20. Jaguars (1-1; No. 11): They are you we thought they were.

21. Redskins (1-1; No. 25): They’ve pulled the ultimate “psych!” move on Su’a.

22. Bills (1-1; No. 20): Sean McDermott will keep telling us Tyrod Taylor is the quarterback until the precise moment McDermott decides Taylor isn’t.

23. Cardinals (1-1; No. 21): Bruce Arians has finally figured out what many already knew about this team — the quarterback is often more of a liability than an asset.

24. Chargers (0-2; No. 22): Two games behind a three-way cluster at the top of the division, the Chargers’ season feels over when it’s barely begun.

25. Giants (0-2; No. 24): Brylcreem Ben McAdoo can feel the season slip-sliding away.

26. Saints (0-2; No. 26): Adrian Peterson didn’t sign up for 0-2, either.

27. Bears (0-2; No. 23): Two games left, at most, before Mitchell Trubisky makes his debut.

28. Browns (0-2; No. 27): The fact that the Browns are favored on the road tells you everything you need to know about the current state of the NFL.

29. Bengals (0-2; No. 29): Andy Dalton has the full support of the coaching staff. Until he doesn’t.

30. Jets (0-2; No. 30): Their pursuit of Sam Darnold has been complicated by the presence of other unexpectedly crappy teams.

31. 49ers (0-2; No. 31): Tune in for Thursday Night Traffic Problems.

32. Colts (0-2; No. 32): “Taking the Cardinals to overtime” may be the only banner fodder they have this year; “home ‘dogs against the Browns” definitely won’t make the cut.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is petty of me but I don't give a fuck.

I want the Chiefs to go to the Super Bowl and lose.

Why the Chiefs? Well. Recently I was back-stabbed really, really, really badly. It was inexcusable to do what he did. The guy who did it knows now that I know what he did, though I didn't find out until after the fact. He's a real POS, a liar and a dirty two faced fucker that deserves very, very serious karma. I hope he gets cancer of the dick and goes blind.

Last year the Chiefs lost to the Steelers and he made a comment that someone he doesn't know is my friend overheard. That friend is the one who found out what he did behind my back. Anyway he said essentially that the only thing worse than losing in the playoffs was losing the Super Bowl. So I wish that on him.

And it would be PERFECT if it was the Missouri Governors Cup to go along with that.

I don't hate very many people in this world simply because I'm so far from perfect, I reserve real hate for a very few that truly deserve it and I've even forgiven the unforgivable in some cases. Not in this case.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The one good thing about all of these "rankings" is that the Rams are either inside the top 20 of most, even after a loss.
Seems like breaking in to the high 20's has been a challenge for the last decade

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The one good thing about all of these "rankings" is that the Rams are either inside the top 20 of most, even after a loss.
Seems like breaking in to the high 20's has been a challenge for the last decade
I don't think there's any "seeming" about it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I could care less where they're ranked. If I had to rank them, though, I'd swap them with the Skins in the list above. Skins beat us physically, proved they're a better team right now, and it could have been much more decisive/less close than the final score indicated.

But that's cool. Down the road and by that I mean later this season I think the Rams are going to be very good and maybe inside that top 15 range. So let them earn it.

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
The Giants are a train wreck. We need to be ahead of the Giants and Redskins.

Last edited:

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
I like sbnations the best, have us at 15 ahead of Dallas, Philly, Minnesota, Packers, and Seahawks. Best part is that's down from #4 last week. I love this year's Rams but that writer drinks way too much each day.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The Rams are playing LIGHTYEARS better than the Texans and Giants. They are also playing better than Panthers and Cardinals.

Whatevs, tho. Haters gonna hate.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's too early to rank teams effectively... So, I could care less at this point.

But it's a fun topic to debate.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Skins beat us physically, proved they're a better team right now, and it could have been much more decisive/less close than the final score indicated.

They did overall..........but when we look at the second half it was really just a couple of mistakes that allowed them to win. Adjustments slowed them down and allowed the Rams to get back to a tie game.

Cousins is no slouch and Gruden knows what he is doing too.

The Rams, with a rookie HC and a QB playing his 9th real game blew it, but they were in the fight.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Respect around the league will be hard to get till they start beating mediocre teams consistently . Hopefully soon

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This is petty of me but I don't give a freak.

I want the Chiefs to go to the Super Bowl and lose.

Why the Chiefs? Well. Recently I was back-stabbed really, really, really badly. It was inexcusable to do what he did. The guy who did it knows now that I know what he did, though I didn't find out until after the fact. He's a real POS, a liar and a dirty two faced freaker that deserves very, very serious karma. I hope he gets cancer of the dick and goes blind.

Last year the Chiefs lost to the Steelers and he made a comment that someone he doesn't know is my friend overheard. That friend is the one who found out what he did behind my back. Anyway he said essentially that the only thing worse than losing in the playoffs was losing the Super Bowl. So I wish that on him.

And it would be PERFECT if it was the Missouri Governors Cup to go along with that.

I don't hate very many people in this world simply because I'm so far from perfect, I reserve real hate for a very few that truly deserve it and I've even forgiven the unforgivable in some cases. Not in this case.
Can you please tell us what he did. It sounds so interesting.