ESPN Medical Analyst: 2nd ACL Recovery Twice As Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
From ESPN's SportsCenter:

ESPN Medical Analyst, Dr. Mark Adickes: A 2nd ACL recovery is different from the first time....recovery is about twice as long....the soonest I would expect to see him back would be a full year.....additionally "it's not going to work as well"...you'll have a little bit more pain and swelling....I expect him to be able to return and play but he'll probably miss the entire preseason next year.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Makes me wonder if the Rams cut Bradford and take the dead money hit versus paying his salary. It's got to be a cap savings and would allow us to pursue a trade IF the Rams chose to go that route... Then, if he is recovering, they could seek to resign him at a later date.

I think the Rams money guys are looking at that right now, probably, if they hadn't already figured that out.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
From ESPN's SportsCenter:

ESPN Medical Analyst, Dr. Mark Adickes: A 2nd ACL recovery is different from the first time....recovery is about twice as long....the soonest I would expect to see him back would be a full year.....additionally "it's not going to work as well"...you'll have a little bit more pain and swelling....I expect him to be able to return and play but he'll probably miss the entire preseason next year.

That's best case scenario, I strongly suspect he'll take 2 years to be back to whatever his "new normal" is. I'm honestly amazed so many hold out hope he can return next season and play a full schedule. Hasn't this experience taught us anything? Maybe it's just too soon. :confused:

RamzFanz

Damnit
My guess is he either retires or becomes a talented backup. I can't see anyone paying him well to be their starter. I can't see him taking a low ball prove it contract.

duckhunter

Starter
Flag. Piling on.

The hits just keep rolling in.

Yeah, if it's business, you got to stop the bleeding sometime.

Rolling out 'SB will be back next year' won't fly and may lose what they have left.

Athos

Legend
Retire, Sam. You got a nice chunk of change.

Continued knee injuries are terrible. I popped my knee out 3 times. Hardly any cartilage left in that mofo. Won't be fun moving around when I get older. Can't imagine two ACL tears to the same knee. Ugly business.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Retire, Sam. You got a nice chunk of change.

Continued knee injuries are terrible. I popped my knee out 3 times. Hardly any cartilage left in that mofo. Won't be fun moving around when I get older. Can't imagine two ACL tears to the same knee. Ugly business.

I sorta can, I've had a biceps tendon let go twice on the same arm....the 2nd time, I said screw it!