ESPN "Ideal Trades" Article has Rams moving back

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ltrautman

MIZ
"3. Parker to Chiefs
Kansas City Chiefs get the No. 10 pick to draft DeVante Parker

St. Louis Rams get the No. 18 overall pick plus the Chiefs' second-rounder (No. 49 overall)

Chiefs' perspective: Kansas City needed to totally revamp the WR position this offseason, and if Parker joins free-agent addition Jeremy Maclin, the Chiefs will have really upgraded their offense. In order to land Parker, they would need to move ahead of the Vikings at No. 11, who could take the former Louisville receiver because of his familiarity with Vikings second-year QB Teddy Bridgewater, who played at Louisville.

Rams' perspective: This deal would give them flexibility. Their biggest need is at offensive line, and based on value in this draft class, No. 18 is a better spot to take one than No. 10, anyway. It also would give them an extra second-rounder to use on a weapon for QB Nick Foles in the passing game or possibly to draft his successor, UCLA's Brett Hundley. (Hey, if they're going to move to LA, they might as well bring an L.A. quarterback with them.)"

I would love this move. There will be a lot of quality players who fall to round 2 and I think we could get La'el Collins at 18. We could also try to move back into the late first if someone we liked fell far enough(Marcus Peters?)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
"3. Parker to Chiefs
Kansas City Chiefs get the No. 10 pick to draft DeVante Parker

St. Louis Rams get the No. 18 overall pick plus the Chiefs' second-rounder (No. 49 overall)

Chiefs' perspective: Kansas City needed to totally revamp the WR position this offseason, and if Parker joins free-agent addition Jeremy Maclin, the Chiefs will have really upgraded their offense. In order to land Parker, they would need to move ahead of the Vikings at No. 11, who could take the former Louisville receiver because of his familiarity with Vikings second-year QB Teddy Bridgewater, who played at Louisville.

Rams' perspective: This deal would give them flexibility. Their biggest need is at offensive line, and based on value in this draft class, No. 18 is a better spot to take one than No. 10, anyway. It also would give them an extra second-rounder to use on a weapon for QB Nick Foles in the passing game or possibly to draft his successor, UCLA's Brett Hundley. (Hey, if they're going to move to LA, they might as well bring an L.A. quarterback with them.)"

I would love this move. There will be a lot of quality players who fall to round 2 and I think we could get La'el Collins at 18. We could also try to move back into the late first if someone we liked fell far enough(Marcus Peters?)
For me, an almost perfect scenario.

Ltrautman

MIZ
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I accidentally left him out, but Cam Erving would also be a great option

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
There's a lot of good 2nd round prospects who could immediately help us. I think there are some 3rd round possible starters at Guard, or ORT.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Wow, a 2nd for that move down. I'd do it in a heart beat. That seems kinda rich. At that spot Gurley or an Olineman would look prettay preeeettttttaaaaay good.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Personally I like Erving better than Collins.
But this trade does work well on the 'Trade Value Chart!'

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Personally I like Erving better than Collins.
But this trade does work well on the 'Trade Value Chart!'
Yeah, the chart works almost perfect here. The other team could even sweeten the deal a bit, if they really want to move up.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Yup
then they can grab best player available at 18 which will be an o lineman -- then with the extra second pick up that ILB they are fiending for

image.jpg

Athos

Legend
I'm gonna be crazy and say not enough.

Yeah, the chart works almost perfect here. The other team could even sweeten the deal a bit, if they really want to move up.

I see this trumped a lot, but what the chart doesn't factor in, is how strong a particular draft class is. The class has some quality depth up and down the draft at certain positions, but the blue-chip talent available is a lot less than last year imo.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm gonna be crazy and say not enough.

I see this trumped a lot, but what the chart doesn't factor in, is how strong a particular draft class is. The class has some quality depth up and down the draft at certain positions, but the blue-chip talent available is a lot less than last year imo.
I totally agree with what your saying, and I'd love for the pot to be sweetened, but the need, and talent will, and always be in the eyes of the beholders. That is what causes teams to pay more value than a player is worth. This draft is deep in just a few positions, for sure.