ESPN hires John Fox as studio analyst

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/20/espn-hires-john-fox-as-studio-analyst/

ESPN hires John Fox as studio analyst
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 20, 2018

898118062-e1514354381588.jpg

Getty Images

Former Bears, Broncos and Panthers head coach John Fox probably won’t roam an NFL sideline again, but he has another job.

Fox was hired by ESPN as a studio analyst, Richard Deitsch of The Athletic reports.

Although he wasn’t known as the most media-friendly coach during his days in the NFL, the 63-year-old Fox will now move into an analyst role that has previously been filled by former coaches like Herm Edwards and Bill Parcells.

The most prominent job on ESPN, Monday Night Football analyst, remains unfilled.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
They're gonna need to bring in the make-up crew from The Walking Dead in order to get Fox ready for TV.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I strongly dislike his personality. He is a tool.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I strongly dislike his personality. He is a tool.

Actually had a chance to meet John Fox when he was a DC for the New York Football Giants and they trained here up in Albany and he was one heck of a coach, IMHO. As a Head Coach, he did lead the Carolina Panthers to an appearance in a Super Bowl and if not for a bad kickoff bad John Casey, might have actually won that game against the Anti Christs.

I was shocked by his hiring in Denver, but did halfway decent, but I knew the Bear job would end bad and I believe Foxy will bring a different element as an analyst and most will end up liking him because, he knows defense and if I was a young Head Coach, I would love to have him as my DC.

FWIW's on the few occasions I did have a chance to converse with Coach Fox, I never paid for a drink so @bubbaramfan I believe would like him very much.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I personally think he Killed Da Bears! He will fit in well with ESPN and there Bunch of Loser's! JMO!

Ram65

Legend
Actually had a chance to meet John Fox when he was a DC for the New York Football Giants and they trained here up in Albany and he was one heck of a coach, IMHO. As a Head Coach, he did lead the Carolina Panthers to an appearance in a Super Bowl and if not for a bad kickoff bad John Casey, might have actually won that game against the Anti Christs.

I was shocked by his hiring in Denver, but did halfway decent, but I knew the Bear job would end bad and I believe Foxy will bring a different element as an analyst and most will end up liking him because, he knows defense and if I was a young Head Coach, I would love to have him as my DC.

FWIW's on the few occasions I did have a chance to converse with Coach Fox, I never paid for a drink so @bubbaramfan I believe would like him very much.

Nice share Den. I thought he was going to be a very good coach when he was at Carolina. At least he get paid for an easy job. Might listen to him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather have Fox as a HC than Fisher. On face value, they are cut from the same cloth, however Fox was smart enough to hire somebody to run his offense, and leave it alone.
Not sure he was given a fair shake in Chi-town, they've been a mess of an organization