ESPN extends Jon 'Chucky' Gruden through 2021

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
So this is what purgatory feels like. Listening to Chucky for the next 7 years.
Why are you watching ESPN?

Like that Simpsons episode taught us, just don't look!
just-dont-look.jpg

moklerman

Warner-phile
Obviously, they want "colorful" commentary for their MNF games. Of the guys who've been on that particular job, I'd take Mike Tirico and Dan Fouts as the best option but I'm not a Gruden-hater.

I think he's doing the smart thing though. He'll make a lot more money and have a lot easier time doing it by being in the booth. And, the legend of his coaching ability will remain in tact and probably even grow. It's win/win/win for him. Whether he's good, great, average or something else as a coach, Vince Lombardi back from the dead couldn't get the Raiders back to a Super Bowl any time soon so whatever coach goes there is facing real long odds.

And Chucky's job would come with unrealistic expectations. Anything less than a Super Bowl run would be considered a failure because of his previous success.

And, not that it'll ever happen for a variety of reasons, I'd put Kurt on color commentary on MNF if I was picking. He has the experience and I actually enjoy his commentary(i.e. agree with what he's saying much of the time).