ESPN Ed Werder says Texans asking Falcons 4 RG3 like haul #6 to #1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/texans-asking-falcons-for-rg3like-trade-haul-303610.html

Citing "word on the street," ESPN's Ed Werder reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that the Texans are asking the Falcons for a Robert Griffin III-like trade haul to get from No. 6 overall to No. 1.

In 2012, the Redskins sent the Rams three first-round picks and a second-round pick to jump from No. 6 to No. 2, where they drafted RG3 behind Andrew Luck. The move made more sense with Washington pursuing a quarterback. Clowney has a chance to be great, but even if he has a Hall of Fame career, would not offer the impact of a quarterback. Per Werder, the "dialogue" between the Texans and Falcons is "legitimate, and continues as we speak."

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8375/jadeveon-clowney

Citing "word on the street," ESPN's Ed Werder reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that the Texans are asking the Falcons for a Robert Griffin III-like trade haul to get from No. 6 overall to No. 1.

In 2012, the Redskins sent the Rams three first-round picks and a second-round pick to jump from No. 6 to No. 2 overall, where they drafted RG3 behind Andrew Luck. The move made more sense with Washington pursuing a quarterback. Clowney has a chance to be great, but even if he has a Hall of Fame career, would not offer the impact of a franchise quarterback. Per Werder, the "dialogue" between the Texans and Falcons is "legitimate, and continues as we speak." May 7 - 9:18 AM

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
They're dreaming or Atlanta is flat stupid,course I think the deal they gave SJ went a long way to establishing that

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
They're dreaming or Atlanta is flat stupid,course I think the deal they gave SJ went a long way to establishing that

I agree, Atlanta won't do that. They can't give away their draft picks like that without suffering. They already paid the price with the Julio Jones trade where they gave up a fortune, because when Julio went down they had little talent. I doubt they'll give up that much. But it depends on how they feel about Clowney or Mack or whoever.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gonna be a lonnnnnng time before someone gives up that kind of draft capital again.
Especially if they see what Washington lost and what we gained.
But then again, there are desperate GMs and HCs out there.