Eric Weddle - Green Dot

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Well boys, it looks like Eric Weddle has earned the honor of wearing the coveted Green Dot.

This is such good news. It gives us some much-needed flexibility at the ILB position.

As much as I respect what Reader has done for us, he can't keep up with RB Mixon on passing downs. With Ernest Jones (relatively) healthy and the emergence of Travin Howard, we will have a lot more versatility at the position - just in time for a Bengals offense that is fast, fast, fast.

Source:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQciHfxzUzM

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Good news for the reasons you mentioned.

I am not sure why Morris felt the need to broadcast this in advance, though. Poor decision, IMO, although I doubt too much turns on it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Congrats to EW. What a story.

As to Morris, how that dude did not get more interviews I have no idea. He's so much more of a coach now than he was back in that first shot. Just smooth and confident and gotta say I appreciate what he's doing for us. Just close it out with a strong SB and next year that HC job is gonna come.

dang

Legend
Congrats to EW. What a story.

As to Morris, how that dude did not get more interviews I have no idea. He's so much more of a coach now than he was back in that first shot. Just smooth and confident and gotta say I appreciate what he's doing for us. Just close it out with a strong SB and next year that HC job is gonna come.
So no need for the pitchforks and torches anymore as some on this forum (not you) have been screaming for all freakin year??

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah I've felt all along he'll be a better HC than DC. His leadership is why, IMO it's really important for these guys to run the whole show and install the right culture. But that's also being felt with our defense so he's one more win away from proving all the doubters wrong. I want to see him succeed here just as much as the rest of the stars and beloved homegrown players on this roster.

Oh and for the record I was worried about him early on because I knew he was learning this defense but got more and more comfortable with him as the season went on.

They gotta get this done. :startstruck:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Ya, I admitted and eat some crow about RM. We never given him time to get the right mix onto the field. takes time to learn about every persons +'s & -'s etc.

I will say this the Jones & Howard partnership is going to be great moving fwd. Just need to add another "taller" CB on day 2 or UFA

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So no need for the pitchforks and torches anymore as some on this forum (not you) have been screaming for all freakin year??
He's still frustrating at times, but he's improved a lot down the stretch. And he made some great adjustments against SF.
Yeah I've felt all along he'll be a better HC than DC. His leadership is why, IMO it's really important for these guys to run the whole show and install the right culture. But that's also being felt with our defense so he's one more win away from proving all the doubters wrong. I want to see him succeed here just as much as the rest of the stars and beloved homegrown players on this roster.

Oh and for the record I was worried about him early on because I knew he was learning this defense but got more and more comfortable with him as the season went on.

They gotta get this done. :startstruck:
Agreed. The nice thing is that since he missed out this year, we'll get two picks if somebody hires him next year.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Glad he got it figured out, especially vs the Whiners. Would have been a tough off season to stomache had they lost that niner game. To me , that was the most inportant and satisfying win of the season. Don't know about you all, but I wouldn't be watching the SB if the Whiners were in it. The thought of 7 straight losses to them and playing on our home field would be just too much to bare.

It's all good now. That monkey is off the back. Rams made the big dance and even if they loose, it will be a hell of a lot more bareable this summer.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your daily reminder that "STATS ARE FOR LOSERS"!

Go get em Eric!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Bom Dia Hello GIF

RamWoodie

Legend
I mentioned Jones starting over Reeder in another thread. It's a good move and Reeder will still get his spots to play in. He's played decent for the Rams but he's just a liability against the pass. No doubt he'll get some downs...but Jones is just better all around.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good news for the reasons you mentioned.

I am not sure why Morris felt the need to broadcast this in advance, though. Poor decision, IMO, although I doubt too much turns on it.
I agree and was wondering this myself. Why would Morris broadcast our defensive strategy? Maybe it's a bluff? Or maybe he is saying, "we will beat you so thoroughly with our superior talent and game plan that you will cry in the corner wishing that you had lost to K.C."

:D

In all seriousness I don't see a senario where Cinn. has a chance.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I mentioned Jones starting over Reeder in another thread. It's a good move and Reeder will still get his spots to play in. He's played decent for the Rams but he's just a liability against the pass. No doubt he'll get some downs...but Jones is just better all around.

Well it’s nothing against Reeder,it’s all about Ernest being healthy & ready to go.The rotation will be interesting.

The main reason is like Raheem Morris said is going with Eric Weedle playing every defensive snap.

Tyler Rapp ?? SJD will get a couple snaps. Crazy how deep The Rams are & Troy Reeder still deserves credit for the job he has done.He will make a BIG PLAY in the SuperBowl!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jones and Howard should be a fantastic duo. Howard has been playing absolutely lights out. Jones has great instincts on his drops and is a much greater threat to QBs than Reeder, better at tackling in space, and you give up a little physicality but the tradeoff is worth it.

Reeder's role will be if Cincy starts making gains on the ground. Then plug him in there and crash the LOS he's been very effective in that role.

Weddle's biggest advantage is keeping the secondary on one page and his ability to recognize formation/down/distance. That play he made on 2nd and 1 vs the Shitters was the play of the game IMO. So crucial at that moment. But he also was talking to the defense between snaps and keeping them centered on one play at a time.

And Scott is just locked in. I love Scott man. Serious guy who is gonna make the most of this opportunity IMO. Very happy with how he is playing.

Our CB2&3 need to do a good job in their match calls underneath. That is crucial because it keeps Burrow holding the ball. And the Bengals are going to have a ton of rollouts and screens we can bank that. DL needs to be mindful of that and with Jones and Howard out there I like our chances.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think we're gonna play too much Cover 3 in this game btw. Rams will at least start the game with two deep looks because Burrow and those receivers are the threat.

I'm concerned with Burrow hitting slants and seams over the safety who comes into the box when the Rams make that call. But if the rush is great and our DBs are in their spots that should be tough to pull off. Make that kid QB work.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Agreed. The nice thing is that since he missed out this year, we'll get two picks if somebody hires him next year.
It will be interesting to see what jobs come available next year as so many were open this season with nine.

1. Dallas Cowboys....Asshole Face will be their next Head Coach unless Mike McCarthy wins he Super Bowl next season and I don't see that happening.
  2. Carolina Panthers....Matt Rhule is on the hot seat, but I don't believe the job will become available because I look for the Panthers to improve dramatically and would not be shocked if Jimmy Garoppolo ends up here. If Rhule does head back to college for one reason or another, this would be an excellent landing for Raheem Morris IMO.
  3. Houston Texans...Have a feeling it will be another one & done, but maybe they will just finally hire Josh McCown.
  4. Arizona Cardinals...Could be Kliff Kingbury's last stand as the Cardinals were spiraling downward. Could be a complete overhaul including GM Steve Kiem, but it could go the other way too.
  5. Seattle Seahawks...Eventually Petey Carroll is going to retire and this could be another landing spot for Morris especially when the Rams duplicate their success in 2022/2023.