Enter the Brandstater?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Right on, 503!!
I'm actually looking forward to seeing what Brandstater can do on Monday night.
Can't possibly be any worse than Feely. Poor AJ was so lost out there last week.
GO TOM!!

GO RAMS!!!!

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't mind seeing what he's got, there's a chance, since he was in Denver last year, he could have a decent grasp of the offense and who knows. Maybe he can be Sam's backup if he hold's his own.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Ram Quixote said:
moklerman said:
X said:
moklerman said:
Dude's got no chance. He's wearing #12 for the Rams. A number that I'm convinced has a curse attached to it for the blue & gold.

Kyle Boller, Chris Chandler, Trent Green 2.0, Chris Miller, Tony Banks...I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting.
Zeke Bratkowski? Ah, the Zeke era.

James Harris didn't have an altogether bad stint with the Rams though.
Which was the game where Harris came back too early from injury and cost the Rams a playoff game? Or was it Jaworski that came back too early?

It's a little before my time but I know there was something involving Harris where a decision was made at QB and it cost the Rams.
That might have been the NFC Championship game in '75 (Jan. '76). The Rams were favored over the Cowboys, who had knocked the Vikings out with a late TD the week before, giving the Rams the homefield. Harris started but threw 2 early picks, putting the Rams behind early and things just got worse, even after Knox pulled Harris for Jaworski. The first of 2 70's blowout losses at home in the playoffs to the Cowboys.

That one hurt more than the Mud Bowl. No Vikings? This is our chance! Uh, no.

I saw it, I don't remember it, but I know I saw it...it really pisses me off when I realize how much stuff I've forgotten, :amped:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
ramsince62 said:
Ram Quixote said:
moklerman said:
X said:
moklerman said:
Dude's got no chance. He's wearing #12 for the Rams. A number that I'm convinced has a curse attached to it for the blue & gold.

Kyle Boller, Chris Chandler, Trent Green 2.0, Chris Miller, Tony Banks...I'm sure there are more that I'm forgetting.

Which was the game where Harris came back too early from injury and cost the Rams a playoff game? Or was it Jaworski that came back too early?

It's a little before my time but I know there was something involving Harris where a decision was made at QB and it cost the Rams.
That might have been the NFC Championship game in '75 (Jan. '76). The Rams were favored over the Cowboys, who had knocked the Vikings out with a late TD the week before, giving the Rams the homefield. Harris started but threw 2 early picks, putting the Rams behind early and things just got worse, even after Knox pulled Harris for Jaworski. The first of 2 70's blowout losses at home in the playoffs to the Cowboys.

I saw it, I don't remember it, but I know I saw it...it really pisses me off when I realize how much stuff I've forgotten, :amped:

I feel your pain brother! These young lads just don't know how smart we used to be. :ww:

Do you remember the 45-41 loss to the Vikes when Gabriel and Tarkenton were QBs? That was in about a foot and half of snow in Minnesota. That one still hurts me a little.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Ramhusker said:
ramsince62 said:
Ram Quixote said:
moklerman said:
X said:
moklerman said:

I feel your pain brother! These young lads just don't know how smart we used to be. :ww:

Do you remember the 45-41 loss to the Vikes when Gabriel and Tarkenton were QBs? That was in about a foot and half of snow in Minnesota. That one still hurts me a little.

LOL, gosh, I sure do....WOW, thanks for bringing that back.....what a memory and at the same time bitter defeat. The Rams were clearly the better team that year, but not in the snow and cold of Minn.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Ram Quixote said:
moklerman said:
X said:
moklerman said:

I was at that game, and actually sat next to Duane Thomas, a former Cowboy RB. Ugh, such a bad memory.

As far as Brandstater (sp?), I am very curious, as Fresno State runs an incredibly wide-open pro style offense and always puts a ton of pts up. I'm expecting a very good showing from this kid, I think he will surprise.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
interference said:
Ram Quixote said:
moklerman said:
X said:
moklerman said:

I was at that game, and actually sat next to Duane Thomas, a former Cowboy RB. Ugh, such a bad memory.

As far as Brandstater (sp?), I am very curious, as Fresno State runs an incredibly wide-open pro style offense and always puts a ton of pts up. I'm expecting a very good showing from this kid, I think he will surprise.

Why would he have any more success than Bradford? :nono:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
ramsince62 said:
interference said:

I don't think I implied that he would perform better than Bradford, just that he will perform better than expectations and will surprise some people. I do, however, think he'll perform better than AJ did against the niners. And I also wouldn't be surprised if he connects on one or more long balls. Anyway, it'll give me a reason to watch the game.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
interference said:
ramsince62 said:
interference said:

I don't think I implied that he would perform better than Bradford, just that he will perform better than expectations and will surprise some people. I do, however, think he'll perform better than AJ did against the niners. And I also wouldn't be surprised if he connects on one or more long balls. Anyway, it'll give me a reason to watch the game.

Yeah - it might peak a little more interest. I hope he's a stud and we can use him for trade bait if nothing else. Um... if we have any rights to him after this season that is.