Enough with the GRob holding calls refs.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
GRob has been slow to develop and he certainly has room to improve, but the last couple of games I have seen him get flagged for holding and really did not see it at all. Both of the calls were while his hands were within the DE's pads and he did not turn, tackle or pull the player. Sometimes players get a rep, but he is improving. Has anyone else these ticky tack holds on Grob?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
GRob has been slow to develop and he certainly has room to improve, but the last couple of games I have seen him get flagged for holding and really did not see it at all. Both of the calls were while his hands were within the DE's pads and he did not turn, tackle or pull the player. Sometimes players get a rep, but he is improving. Has anyone else these ticky tack holds on Grob?

It makes me sick when I see all the holding that the Lions were getting away with.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The holding call on Robinson was a load of shit. Refs target some players.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There was also a horrible PI call missed on Britt late Q4 prior to Lions FG Drive.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
GRob has been a lot better this year IMO.

His penalties for the most part have just been bogus calls.

His pass blocking has also been solid overall, along with the rest of the o-line.

He could improve in run-blocking but that area of his game is the one I'm most confident he can get right. The dude is built like a road-grader, and his college tape shows his run blocking potential is ridiculous.

Lots of fans hate on GRob but I feel he has become an unfair whipping boy. He has been beaten like a drum on a select few plays, but that's going to happen now and again consistently going up against the opposition's best pass rusher.

I couldn't care less about his PFF grade. I'm using my eyes on GRob. He's still not perfect or a franchise tackle. But he's improving. As long as his arrow keeps pointing up I'm satisfied because we cannot forget how young he is. He could have been a rookie this year had he stayed in school.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That Mo PI was complete bs too. Lions can do it, but we can't. fucking shitty refs were beyond shitty.

Ellard80

Legend
To me this is partially on the coaching staff... they need to be talking to the Refs before the game about this very thing.

And also sending in video to the league - that dude gets royally fucked and its ridiculous.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
That hold call was total BS just as the PI call was. If you are going to call those things then call them on both teams not just one of them.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, it was so awesome to see "all world" CB Richard Sherman beat, pull down Julio's are and NOT get a flag. Completely different crew but you have to wonder are the Refs fans or unbiased officials??

TexasRam

Legend
That Grob hold was bogus but in all fairness I see him getting away with holds constantly.

His hand usage is so bad I am sure they could nail him for 5 a game EASY. If they watched him every down.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Hearing the ref say "Holding, offense, number 73" is about as inevitable these days as the sun rising every morning.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It makes me sick when I see all the holding that the Lions were getting away with.

The first run the FB tackled(bear hugged) a Ram LB.

The first Lion TD though was a push off.

Greg Robinson is a man child . He is only going to get better.

fearsomefour

Legend
The hold vs Detriot looked bogus to me.
One vs Arizona was questionable, could have gone either way, and one was a hold.
He is getting called when the runner comes his way and the defended goes to peel away and pursue and he doesn't let go.
Those are the holds I have seen. I have also seen several where he "hooked" a defender and spun them as they were pursuing and was not called.
What concerns me about Grob is his terrible balance and his lunging pass blocking. For a LT he does a lot of turning and chasing DEs who are rushing the passer.