Emmanuel Sanders: Was a legal hit

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think Mcleod made the best play that he could. If he went for the ball and missed then Sanders may have caught it. If Sanders catches the ball and McLeods hit knocks him out of bounds then it is no catch and if he just knocks the ball loose obviously it is no catch. I really don't think McLeod had any chance to catch that pass and chose the only option......jar it loose.
If you look at the replay sanders was already dropping the ball right before he got hit at least it looked like it but it's going to put fear in other receivers to be aware of where the mcdoubles are at and Barron

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If you don't want to get hit, you can always just duck and lay down on the field when the safety is coming.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
hahah, or Barron. If it was either of them, he'd have been really fucked up.

They are going to need to have stretchers and ambulances on standby once he learns this defense. Barron and McDonald are going to have every receiver in the league hearing footsteps!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He has a concussion but is going to play this weekend?

I thought they cut that crap out!
I thought they had said that he didn't actually have a concussion. I think his feelings were hurt that his "brother" didn't hold up.

BTW Mr. Sanders - if McLeod wasn't looking at the ball, how was his timing so perfect? I guess you were watching him and not the ball too?

I call BS.

tomlib

Sword and Sorcery with a Libertarian Edge
Name
Tom
What I take from this is that the NFL has got it exactly right. Don't lead with the head, don't target the head. If you come in with your shoulder and keep it low the chance of concussion is greatly reduced. If McLeod had him in the head/neck area I have no doubt it would have been a bad concussion and potentially ended Sanders' career.

Great play and just what the NFL wants. Aggressive but less dangerous play. It can still be a violent game without being a head-hunting game. Everyone should learn from that hit. That's how the NFL can still be a hitting game without seriously endangering these guys who are putting their bodies on the line for our entertainment (and a bit of $$).

Tom

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
And review these calls! The refs can't call them correctly.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sounds like Emily needs to find another game to play.

He said it was a legal hit and then complains that McLeod separated him from the ball, that is not classy that is just being a whiny biatch

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sounds like Emily needs to find another game to play.

He said it was a legal hit and then complains that McLeod separated him from the ball, that is not classy that is just being a whiny biatch

I don't know what Sanders is whining about. Doesn't every receiver try to get separation? McLeod was just helping Sanders be a better receiver.