Eli Manning

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
You could say Mariota is throwing to open guys all the time, but hell, imo, at this point, he's the most accurate QB by far in this draft.

2 1sts, maybe a 4th for him. If that can't get it done.......I just bite the bullet for Hundley or pray to the gods and spend the entire draft on a WR and mauling O-Lineman. I'm talking every early pick but WR on the O-Line.

What if we got Scott Frost to go along with Mariota. Have the Ducks O-coordinator and QB to go along with Tavon, Mason and the AFROS.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You could say Mariota is throwing to open guys all the time, but hell, imo, at this point, he's the most accurate QB by far in this draft.

2 1sts, maybe a 4th for him. If that can't get it done.......I just bite the bullet for Hundley or pray to the gods and spend the entire draft on a WR and mauling O-Lineman. I'm talking every early pick but WR on the O-Line.
I think Mariota goes first overall. It's going to take an RGIII haul plus some to move up to get him. I wouldn't do that.

As far as Hundley, what's the difference between him and Petty? Outside of Hundley being younger, they are basically the same guy aren't they?

Athos

Legend
What if we got Scott Frost to go along with Mariota. Have the Ducks O-coordinator and QB to go along with Tavon, Mason and the AFROS.

I'm coming around on an option style. We have the offensive chess pieces for it. Tavon. Mason. Bailey. BamBam (who can catch the ball out of the backfield as well). Two bid bodied WRs (Quick/Britt) a super fast TE. A LT that came from an option offense.

Get an option QB in Mariota who's the best at what he does...........and maybe. Maybe we do something special. Who knows? At this point, we just desperately need a QB because while I have faith in Sam's QB talents....those knees worry me.

Big Willie

Starter
Might want to consider a little something called the salary cap, too.
If Manning is released he could most likely be had for half his current salary on a one or two year deal.
If Sam takes half his salary too, you could have both for about the same amount you are scheduled to pay Sam in 2015. The Rams can afford Sam's 2015 salary without strain and if they release Wells and J Long, we still have money for select UFAs. So, it is do-able.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm coming around on an option style. We have the offensive chess pieces for it. Tavon. Mason. Bailey. BamBam (who can catch the ball out of the backfield as well). Two bid bodied WRs (Quick/Britt) a super fast TE. A LT that came from an option offense.

Get an option QB in Mariota who's the best at what he does...........and maybe. Maybe we do something special. Who knows? At this point, we just desperately need a QB because while I have faith in Sam's QB talents....those knees worry me.

We definitely have what it takes to run a traditional West Coast offense or traditional Air Coryell. I'd still love to get Norv Turner if we pick a new QB high in the draft next year.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

We'll pencil kurtfaulk in as a soft maybe...

Memphis Ram

Legend
If Manning is released he could most likely be had for half his current salary on a one or two year deal.
If Sam takes half his salary too, you could have both for about the same amount you are scheduled to pay Sam in 2015. The Rams can afford Sam's 2015 salary without strain and if they release Wells and J Long, we still have money for select UFAs. So, it is do-able.

That works if Bradford is willing to take a paycut and you are right about Manning accepting the terms you list. My guess is the answer would no on both.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Very turnover prone. Good player, but turnovers kill teams.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I'm not an Eli hater and in theory, the Rams are building exactly what the Giants won two Super Bowls with so I could see how it makes sense. Not sure the Giants are going to scrap him as he's having his best statistical year in a while. In a new system and with many injuries to boot.

The Giants horrid defense is what they need to fix, not so much Eli.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

A guy Mariota's size and build would likely be shot in 2 years running the option offense. Besides, that's one of those gimmick offenses that works well against poor teams, but not so much against anyone else. These players we have now are good enough to play an NFL level offense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't see it happening.

But, of course I'd take him. He's won two Superbowls!

TexasRam

Legend
With my best Deion sanders singing voice...

I believe....... in Eli.

I believe..... he can touch the sky!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Manning has a terrible offensive line, no running game, a TE who drops as many as he catches and a real green WR core. And he still will throw for 4,000 yards and 30 TD unless he misses a game
He wont be available, but if he was? Good grief he would be great in St Louis

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You guys are insane to dismiss him based off his lone bad season in 2013.

He's gotten 22 TDs to 12 INTs (and 5 of them were against SF). And over 3000 yards. That's very good. The Giants have issues on defensive and injuries. He has no consistent running game or protection.

And this is while doing a complete 180 change on offense.

It's way too early, but if Sam goes, Eli would be a good stop gap.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

^^^This

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
1470102_10201922985170194_1485805367_n.jpg