Eli Manning

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
He had a horrible 2013. Looking at the numbers he hasn't had a bad year this year, but numbers can be deceiving. He is very durable. He has been overrated, but I think he is a solid starting QB. There are rumors his future is in question in New York. I would assume we would be a top destination for a potential QB considering we will probably go 7-9 without a starting QB and we are loaded with young talent. Would you go after Eli if he becomes available?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Depends on what he costs. He would certainly beat out any rookie in training camp. I'm for it.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I hate hate hate Eli Manning. I would rather roll with Garrett Gilbert or Austin Davis...

lockdnram21

Legend
Nooooooooooooooooooo.

I think Gilbert will get more of a look now that he should know the offense more. imo Gilbert might be better then what we can draft outside if the top 3

Big Willie

Starter
I have been saying for weeks that a Bradford/Manning/high draft choice rookie combo makes the most sense to me. Sometimes a change of scenery resurrects a guy and this scenario protects you in the short term. Not sure if we could get the top two to coexist, but I am all for it.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Nooooooooooooooooooo.

I think Gilbert will get more of a look now that he should know the offense more. imo Gilbert might be better then what we can draft outside if the top 3
I thought that Gilbert had been released by the Rams! I miss something?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Would you go after Eli if he becomes available?

As a young lad I wished the Rams could have acquired Archie Manning as he had to endure and suffer every year with the Saints and I would've have loved to get Peyton Manning as who wouldn't, but Eli? Taking nothing away from his accomplishments, but me thinks it would end up like the Joe Namath acquisition of 1977!

Memphis Ram

Legend
I have been saying for weeks that a Bradford/Manning/high draft choice rookie combo makes the most sense to me. Sometimes a change of scenery resurrects a guy and this scenario protects you in the short term. Not sure if we could get the top two to coexist, but I am all for it.

Might want to consider a little something called the salary cap, too.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Might want to consider a little something called the salary cap, too.
Yeah if we got manning, which I'm not advocating just throwing a topic of conversation out there, then Bradford is gone.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
I'm a fan of Eli Manning but him being on my favorite team would be hard for me. I'm a fan of his because he's reckless and that recklessness would annoy me to death if he were doing that for my team.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I'd rather have Bradford, but if it comes down to Manning or a green rookie, I'd roll with Eli.

Problem I have is that you might see some surprising names available. RG3 could be available, and I'd prefer him to Manning, especially if the cost is similar.

My favorite scenario is restructured Bradford, second round guy like Grayson or Prescott, and Hill as the vet #2. But Manning would likely fit decently into our scheme. Would have to tone down the crazy gunslinger plays...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
YES!! He would get his third ring here. The Giants suck, he's good.

I love Sam, but if the money's right then you have to do it. In fact, trading Sam for Eli and NYG drafting their QB of the future to groom under Sam is a win-win for both sides.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm going to say no on Eli. He's an over paid veteran that stinks it up in the regular season, but turns it on in the playoffs. The problem is, you have to make it there first. I'd like to start over with a rookie

I'm liking Mariota more and more. He's showed through his college career that he doesn't turn the ball over. If we get someone to replace Bradford, it has to be a guy that doesn't throw picks. If we can utilize him like SEA does Wilson, I think he'd be a winner for a long time. The more I see, there more I'm willing to give up in the draft to get him.

Jameis is falling for me. He's starting to turn the ball over way too much. I have to wonder how much his supporting cast is propping him up.

BeachRam78

Rookie
Name
john
No to Eli Manning. He turns the ball over way to much. Bring back Bradford and a 2 or 3rd round qb to compete with him. Should we bring Hill back next year?

Athos

Legend
I'm going to say no on Eli. He's an over paid veteran that stinks it up in the regular season, but turns it on in the playoffs. The problem is, you have to make it there first. I'd like to start over with a rookie

I'm liking Mariota more and more. He's showed through his college career that he doesn't turn the ball over. If we get someone to replace Bradford, it has to be a guy that doesn't throw picks. If we can utilize him like SEA does Wilson, I think he'd be a winner for a long time. The more I see, there more I'm willing to give up in the draft to get him.

Jameis is falling for me. He's starting to turn the ball over way too much. I have to wonder how much his supporting cast is propping him up.

You could say Mariota is throwing to open guys all the time, but hell, imo, at this point, he's the most accurate QB by far in this draft.

2 1sts, maybe a 4th for him. If that can't get it done.......I just bite the bullet for Hundley or pray to the gods and spend the entire draft on a WR and mauling O-Lineman. I'm talking every early pick but WR on the O-Line.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

But how do you really feel about it.