Eli Manning to Rams in 2015?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
While his price tag is way too high at this point, I'd love to have a winner like Manning on the Rams if the price was right.

Of course if he didn't want to play for the Chargers I'm not sure why the Rams would be too appealing to him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't want a "stop-gap" QB in horns unless it's Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'd be OK with this. I can't imagine keeping Sam in this scenario, of course.

I'd actually be surprised to see Coughlin go, too. He did two rings.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I don't want a "stop-gap" QB in horns unless it's Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, or Drew Brees.

Manning is getting stiffer every year. I don't think he has much left.

Rogers and Breese are in their primes. They're far from stop gaps, man. Haha

jjab360

Legend
Eli is a good QB but not the type of QB you need going up against the defenses we face in our Division. Unless the Oline is really upgraded to give Eli the time in the pocket he is not a good fit for our division or team. Remember the SuperBowl and Peyton going up against the Seattle Defense.
He's the same type of QB as Carson Palmer and he doesn't seem to be doing so bad in the NFC West

Big Game

Living The Dream
He's the same type of QB as Carson Palmer and he doesn't seem to be doing so bad in the NFC West

True and the Cardinals upgraded there OLine to protect him. So if we can do that hey i have no problem with Eli if not hmmmm not so much.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Sorry, I thank God that Eli had enough magic to piss all over Brady's parade twice, but the dude's got nothing left. With his already questionable ability to perform in the regular season that doesn't bode well for him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm ok with this. We need to invest into our offensive line through the draft and with the need for a QB, we just don't have enough picks. Eli would buy us at least a few years and he's a good QB who has been surrounded by a sack of shit a lot of his career that he's had to carry. Our situation will be better for him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Has any WR that played well with Eli amounted to much after he left NY?
I think people drastically under rate the guy

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I just wanted to add that I think there's a better chance of Bradford being our starter next year than Eli.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Has any WR that played well with Eli amounted to much after he left NY?
I think people drastically under rate the guy
Mario Manningham has been ridiculously injured in the course of his career, but when he has been upright he's been one of the few guys who made Kaep look better than he is. Hakeem Nicks was already half the guy he was by the time he was leaving NY which is why they let him go, the inferior Steve Smith was what he was, a 5th guy who was managed to trick teams into thinking he was better than he was into putting him out of position. Plaxico was great without Manning and Toomer was killing it before Manning was even thinking about the NFL.

Manning's not the worst option, but he's definitely not what we need with his dubious history of performance.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mario Manningham has been ridiculously injured in the course of his career, but when he has been upright he's been one of the few guys who made Kaep look better than he is. Hakeem Nicks was already half the guy he was by the time he was leaving NY which is why they let him go, the inferior Steve Smith was what he was, a 5th guy who was managed to trick teams into thinking he was better than he was into putting him out of position. Plaxico was great without Manning and Toomer was killing it before Manning was even thinking about the NFL.

Manning's not the worst option, but he's definitely not what we need with his dubious history of performance.
Right, nobody has done squat after leaving the Giants. Toomer was a nice WR, but all these WR played their best when Eli was the QB.
As for Manningham helping out Kaep, you got that wrong. Crabtree came alive in Kaep's 1st season, and Boldin has made him look better. Manngham? When healthy only caught 1 td for the 49ers (From Alex Smith). He was mediocre and got hurt in his 2nd year

Eli is highly underrated however would never find himself in a Rams uniform...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Right, nobody has done squat after leaving the Giants. Toomer was a nice WR, but all these WR played their best when Eli was the QB.
As for Manningham helping out Kaep, you got that wrong. Crabtree came alive in Kaep's 1st season, and Boldin has made him look better. Manngham? When healthy only caught 1 td for the 49ers (From Alex Smith). He was mediocre and got hurt in his 2nd year

Eli is highly underrated however would never find himself in a Rams uniform...
That's a very limited way to look at Manningham, TDs hardly tell the full story. In 12 games he was at 449 yards, averaging 10.7 yards per catch with 42 receptions before he went down. The TDs weren't there because Kaep is a very limited and not all that great QB, who only relies on one guy to bail him out and we all know the story about Alex Smith and his ability to find guys like Manningham. He was on pace to have a respectable season before he was sidelined by the injury and hasn't been the same since. The only dude Eli made look better out of that was Steve Smith. Hakeem Nicks is another who was injured so much he really never HAD a chance to prove what he was outside of the Giants. Both Toomer and Burress' best seasons came BEFORE Eli.

That's 1 out of 5. Not that impressive. We all know Eli Manning is an okay QB, but that isn't what this team needs. If we want an okay QB who sometimes goes crazy and throws a ton of picks we can keep with Davis.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a very limited way to look at Manningham, TDs hardly tell the full story. In 12 games he was at 449 yards, averaging 10.7 yards per catch with 42 receptions before he went down. The TDs weren't there because Kaep is a very limited and not all that great QB, who only relies on one guy to bail him out and we all know the story about Alex Smith and his ability to find guys like Manningham. He was on pace to have a respectable season before he was sidelined by the injury and hasn't been the same since. The only dude Eli made look better out of that was Steve Smith. Hakeem Nicks is another who was injured so much he really never HAD a chance to prove what he was outside of the Giants. Both Toomer and Burress' best seasons came BEFORE Eli.

That's 1 out of 5. Not that impressive. We all know Eli Manning is an okay QB, but that isn't what this team needs. If we want an okay QB who sometimes goes crazy and throws a ton of picks we can keep with Davis.
Wait, my scope on Manningham is limited? You were the one who said that he bailed out Kaepernick. And you point to his 12 games at 449 yards. Are you aware that Alex Smith was the QB for the majority of that time? And that Manningham only 13 catches while Kaep was the starter?
Eli had a broken down Toomer and a recycled Burress. Nicks is healthy as he's ever been and cant make hay with Andrew Luck as his QB.
Manning's recievers were average, and he made household names out of David Tyree, Domenik Hixson and Mario Mannigham.
In any event, I dont see the point of this as there's no way Eli Manning goes to St Louis

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Wait, my scope on Manningham is limited? You were the one who said that he bailed out Kaepernick. And you point to his 12 games at 449 yards. Are you aware that Alex Smith was the QB for the majority of that time? And that Manningham only 13 catches while Kaep was the starter?
Eli had a broken down Toomer and a recycled Burress. Nicks is healthy as he's ever been and cant make hay with Andrew Luck as his QB.
Manning's recievers were average, and he made household names out of David Tyree, Domenik Hixson and Mario Mannigham.
In any event, I dont see the point of this as there's no way Eli Manning goes to St Louis
I was not aware of that, I completely remembered Kaep and Manningham's involvement wrong. I apologize, but still. He was pretty respectable before his injury, you have to admit that.

Just because Nicks is healthy again doesn't mean he's the same dude, this is the NFL, where one hard injury can completely change what you are and how you produce. Jake Long was a Pro Bowl LT, he got injured a bunch of times and despite coming back healthy here he's still wasn't the same guy he was in Miami and hasn't been healthy since. Derek Sherrod was looking to be a stalwart in the Packs line for years, but then he got rolled up once and now 2 years later he's on the streets. That's just a few examples of what injuries do to players. Being healthy=/=effects of injuries are completely gone.

He only made a household name out of Tyree with one catch in the Super Bowl, outside of that never. Hixson barely. Toomer and Buress were still better receivers before his involvement. I'm not trying to decry Manning or deny him of his good, but I don't think he's underrated by any stretch of the imagination. I think people know him perfectly well.

He's an above average QB with terrible decision making and his prime quickly leaving him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was not aware of that, I completely remembered Kaep and Manningham's involvement wrong. I apologize, but still. He was pretty respectable before his injury, you have to admit that.

Just because Nicks is healthy again doesn't mean he's the same dude, this is the NFL, where one hard injury can completely change what you are and how you produce. Jake Long was a Pro Bowl LT, he got injured a bunch of times and despite coming back healthy here he's still wasn't the same guy he was in Miami and hasn't been healthy since. Derek Sherrod was looking to be a stalwart in the Packs line for years, but then he got rolled up once and now 2 years later he's on the streets. That's just a few examples of what injuries do to players. Being healthy=/=effects of injuries are completely gone.

He only made a household name out of Tyree with one catch in the Super Bowl, outside of that never. Hixson barely. Toomer and Buress were still better receivers before his involvement. I'm not trying to decry Manning or deny him of his good, but I don't think he's underrated by any stretch of the imagination. I think people know him perfectly well.

He's an above average QB with terrible decision making and his prime quickly leaving him.
Ok, how about this, we both agree Manning wont be a Ram :)