Eli Manning good QB on bad team? Bad QB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Eli Manning is...

• A good QB on a bad team.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Above average; he's got two rings! He's durable.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • An average QB. 81.4 rating is pretty average.

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Below average QB. Hasn't lived up to his draft status.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A bad QB. There, I said it.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Eli's line on Sunday; 18 for 31 for 156yds, 0 TD's, 5 INT's

For him, that's 25 INT's on the season... and he's done that before. :wow:

ScreenShot2013-12-16at50733PM_zpsb38c6846.png

So I ask you ROD members; as the first overall selection in 2004... how good is this guy, really?

I'm all over the place! He's durable, he's won two rings, the bloodlines are undeniable. On the big stage, he's made big throws.

Just when I find myself sticking up for him he has games that scream BAD! 227/169 TD to INT ratio isn't bad, but it's not great. And a career 81.4 rating? Sam Bradford's rating is >85% the last two seasons and their is a small patch of fans calling for his head.

So, what do you think of Eli Manning?

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
He is BAD BAD BAD.

I feel like after you win a super bowl championship some people think your above criticism. "Oh he won the super bowl." He gets FAR less criticism then Romo, and to be frank Romo has better stats. I'd take Romo over Eli all day every day..

Just because you won 2 rings doesn't make you elite. Sometimes you win in spite of your qb, and sometimes your QB helps you win..

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He is BAD BAD BAD.

I feel like after you win a super bowl championship some people think your above criticism. "Oh he won the super bowl." He gets FAR less criticism then Romo, and to be frank Romo has better stats. I'd take Romo over Eli all day every day..

Just because you won 2 rings doesn't make you elite. Sometimes you win in spite of your qb, and sometimes your QB helps you win..

No but the difference is when you make the plays to win the game vs. Tony Romo who makes the play that costs them the game on a repeated basis you get what's coming to you. Eli is just having a bad year, while Tony Romo has great years but his team hasn't made that one play to get the W.

It's not all about pretty stats either, helping his team get Ws is what should be looked at.

FTR I don't think either QB is bad.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He's a bad QB. Always has been a bad QB. I've always said he was a bad QB - even at Ole Miss. I've always been panned for saying it but I've stuck to my guns about him. Him being an interception machine this year makes me feel better about myself for calling it years ago.

This whole "won a superbowl...won 2 superbowls" stuff is guff. Its no way to judge a player.

EDIT:

Let me just say I don't like the guy aswell. What a punk he is - refusing to play for San Diego still gets me angry - and then to say "I forgot why" whilst smiling just shows arrogance and disrespect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I've never thought much of the guy. Elite defenses carried his team down the stretch in most years. I think he's a lot like Marc Bulger in that when everything was going in his favor, people were able to overlook a lot of the poor decision making. If his last name weren't Manning, he'd be a backup by now.

Winning big in the big city will carry you for a while, but if he were QB of a smaller market team, notsomuch.

A55VA6

Legend
I always thought he was overrated. He's not really a great QB in my opinion.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I voted above average. He'll never be the QB to elevate his guys to another level when times are tougher like Brady, but I don't think he's as bad as people suggest. Sure Eli has been notorious for being careless with the ball throughout his career, but he can also make every throw. People will downplay his 2 SB titles because he had a strong D, I've got news for you... so did most SB winning QBs. Brady doesn't win all those SBs w/o the Pat D. At the end of the day Eli needed to make the throw to Tyree, the TD to Plaxico, and the throw to Manningham. The guy is clutch in the playoffs. Inconsistent? Sure. But I'll take 2 deep playoff runs that result in SB titles, over Romo's or Ryan's regular season stats.

I DON'T think Eli is elite. As I stated above, he isn't consistent enough to be considered elite. But common guys, he isn't a BAD QB. He's always had bad turnover totals, this is just a rock bottom year for him and his team. Has he played a part in the collapse? Sure. But OL/RB/Defense have been terrible.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He's an average QB that happed to play great in a couple post season runs. He gets by mostly on his last name.