Elevation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wrstdude

Rookie
Somebody slap me for getting into a debate w/ the idiots on Ram's Talk about QB elevation...

:loco:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
You are temporarily suspended from ROD. :smile:
hazytuda.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wrstdude

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BatteringRambo said:
You are temporarily suspended from ROD. :smile:
hazytuda.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. I needed that. :rofl:

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
wrstdude joining the club:
Thanks. I needed that. :rofl:

Hey wrstdude, welcome to the ROD! :ja: :zomg: :dancin: :nana: :wewt: :clap: :cheers:

Stop by the members map and pin your location in case I need to borrow some money. :lol:

We're on Facebook too and there are no pictures of me so it's safe.

Guy Mansworth

Rookie
Welcome aboard wrstdude.

Yeah for the most part Rams talk is a waste of time. I rarely go there and never post there anymore. Something I've noticed about that place is the guys that bash Bradford ONLY post about Bradford. I never see them post about anything/anybody else. It's like their football knowledge only extends to the QB position and to them no other position matters or effects QB play. Also those people for some reason think their opinions matter more, so they make countless threads about how bad he is. Nothing like that here. I don't think I've seen 1 thread here trashing our QB.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Welcome wrst! I'mbored sometimes and read Ramstalk. Don't post there. You know the Sam haters will blame him for every dropped pass so you just look for threads they don't post on.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
wrstdude said:
Somebody slap me for getting into a debate w/ the idiots on Ram's Talk about QB elevation...

:loco:

No slap from me man ,I've made every mistake you could posting on these boards , but welcome,HOW did you hear 'bout us?

wrstdude

Rookie
What can you say about Ram's Talk that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan?

Saw the link in ---X---'s sig.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
wrstdude said:
What can you say about Ram's Talk that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan?

Welcome to the pleasuredome, wrstdude! :ww:

Ram Stalk has its advantages. When you feel like smacking the shit out of some numbnuts, that's the place to go. When you want to have rational discussion with legitimate debate, then you can always pop open a cold one and pull up a chair here. For the record, you're absolutely right about the elevation thing (IMO), because I've tried to quantify (or qualify) it many times and I found too many instances where great QBs looked like garbage when they had to play behind and around backups who were playing due to injured starters.

So I CAN quantify that it's a myth.

wrstdude

Rookie
X said:
wrstdude said:

Ram Stalk has its advantages. When you feel like smacking the shyte out of some numbnuts, that's the place to go. When you want to have rational discussion with legitimate debate, then you can always pop open a cold one and pull up a chair here. For the record, you're absolutely right about the elevation thing (IMO), because I've tried to quantify (or qualify) it many times and I found too many instances where great QBs looked like garbage when they had to play behind and around backups who were playing due to injured starters.

Agreed. Old Lawrence is one logical fallacy after another. Making appeals to authority won't win any arguments. Where they really get caught is when they try to use team wins. Then they move the goalposts to playoffs. It's avoids any real logic or reasoning.

Similar situation happened this summer. I got into a debate w/ an old baseball coach who kept telling his hitters to hit the ball on the ground and telling his pitchers to get ground balls. It's an old axiom that isn't challenged as it's been around as long as the game. My question to him, which made him balk, is how can the goal of the pitcher and the hitter be the same? He didn't have much of an answer.

People refuse to abandon old belief systems.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
wrstdude said:
X said:
wrstdude said:

Ram Stalk has its advantages. When you feel like smacking the shyte out of some numbnuts, that's the place to go. When you want to have rational discussion with legitimate debate, then you can always pop open a cold one and pull up a chair here. For the record, you're absolutely right about the elevation thing (IMO), because I've tried to quantify (or qualify) it many times and I found too many instances where great QBs looked like garbage when they had to play behind and around backups who were playing due to injured starters.

Agreed. Old Lawrence is one logical fallacy after another. Making appeals to authority won't win any arguments. Where they really get caught is when they try to use team wins. Then they move the goalposts to playoffs. It's avoids any real logic or reasoning.

Similar situation happened this summer. I got into a debate w/ an old baseball coach who kept telling his hitters to hit the ball on the ground and telling his pitchers to get ground balls. It's an old axiom that isn't challenged as it's been around as long as the game. My question to him, which made him balk, is how can the goal of the pitcher and the hitter be the same? He didn't have much of an answer.

People refuse to abandon old belief systems.
That, and they're selective in their reasoning. They'll use media quotes that appear to back their opinions on Bradford, but totally ignore media quotes, reports, videos, pressers, that debunk their theories. It's an endless circle of frustration with those cats, because they're only in it to win it. They don't care one iota if Bradford fails (or succeeds). They're only in it to stir up the shit and if Bradford fails, then all the better. That's a bad fan, in my opinion. There are plenty of dudes here who want to see Bradford live up to his status, but not a single one of them is saying he's garbage or hopes he fails. We all only want one thing. Success.

V3

Hall of Fame
Welcome aboard. Just look at my sig and you'll understand why I left that place as well.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
V3 said:
Welcome aboard. Just look at my sig and you'll understand why I left that place as well.

I'm glad this was the first Rams forum I found. Haven't ever had the urge to check out another forum.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Seriously?

There were threads on Rams Talk that were ridiculous?

I didn't even know that was possible over there.

Welcome to the good board