El Camino was disappointing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I was a big fan of Breaking Bad, one of the all time great shows.

This movie was OK, and that's all, just OK.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I was a big fan of Breaking Bad, one of the all time great shows.

This movie was OK, and that's all, just OK.
Thought it was good. Leaves room for a second film or a series. I'm guessing it's more than a possibility.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My wife had that one queued up to watch last night, but didn’t.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Well, damn. I was gonna watch it.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Well, damn. I was gonna watch it.
What's stopping you? It was good, I think several people were disappointed that it was about Jessie's story after Walt's death. Not sure what they were expecting.

Maybe a prequel with WW teaching or with Jessie in high school? Don't think those sound any better. I didn't make it past season 2 with Saul.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What's stopping you? It was good, I think several people were disappointed that it was about Jessie's story after Walt's death. Not sure what they were expecting.

Maybe a prequel with WW teaching or with Jessie in high school? Don't think those sound any better. I didn't make it past season 2 with Saul.

It was all to convenient I think.

His old friends giving him thousands of dollars, a car etc.

The flash back scenes were dull and didn't add much.

There were bright spots but it felt like it was a 90 minute film that they stretched out to two hours.

I haven't watched any of Better Call Saul.

nighttrain

Legend

to much Todd

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
to much Todd
Can agree with that. On the other hand I really like the character development from Gilligan. It's almost Tarantinoesque. He did go overboard with that in Season 2 with Sky.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
It was all to convenient I think.His old friends giving him thousands of dollars, a car etc.

The flash back scenes were dull and didn't add much. There were bright spots but it felt like it was a 90 minute film that they stretched out to two hours.
It's Hollywood. The flashbacks were consistent with the storyline development used in Breaking Bad. If all the flashback scenes were used, wouldn't have been any mystery involved in the movie.

If it was a great movie I think it could have been released in theaters. I honestly think it was a segue perhaps to a new series, which was pretty adequate for an almost two hour episode.

Also RIP Robert Forster. Passed yesterday.

Last edited:

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
It was all to convenient I think.

His old friends giving him thousands of dollars, a car etc.

The flash back scenes were dull and didn't add much.

There were bright spots but it felt like it was a 90 minute film that they stretched out to two hours.

I haven't watched any of Better Call Saul.
Better Call Saul is pretty good actually if you can make it past the first season or so. If you're a big fan of Mike's character like myself you will like it because he plays a bigger role in Better Call Saul. It's similar to Breaking Bad as it shows how Saul went from being a regular lawyer who breaks bad and becomes the type of lawyer he is on Breaking Bad. It also explains back story of how Saul, Mike and Gus become acquainted.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
to much Todd

Indeed.........the scene where they take the cleaning lady's body out could have bee MUCH shorter to make the point it finally made. They could have edited it down and accomplished the same thing.

Also RIP Robert Forster. Passed yesterday.

I didn't know that.

You may be right about it being the intro to a new series but I can't figure out an angle since Jesse "escaped" to Alaska.

By the way I'm not saying anything negative about the acting, that aspect was very good. The plot, script and direction could have been better.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I feel asleep trying to watch. Slept through at least 75%... and I'm not gonna try and rewatch. Pass.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
My wife said it was “okay”... She watched it while I was watching the early games yesterday...

At one point she was playing Candy Crush on her iPad. So, I think that supports a lot of what people have posted. A little ho hum.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So disappointing

Cliche plots, and just way too convenient occurrences