EJ Manuel dropped

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ouch to get dropped for Orton (I wish there was a wincing emoticon).

Never understood his first round selection, at least the Bills should have a high draft pick to replace him with...:ROFLMAO:

Sum1

Hall of Fame

Ouch to get dropped for Orton (I wish there was a wincing emoticon).

Never understood his first round selection, at least the Bills should have a high draft pick to replace him with...:ROFLMAO:

Definitely a lot of worse options than Orton though. He's played pretty well at times.

Irish

Starter
Dropped is not the word you are looking for here, mate.

benched, demoted, sidelined, bumped.

Dropped implies cut.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I actually thought E.J. Manuel was being underrated by many of the 'draftniks' but was still surprised to see the Bills take him as high as they did.

I don't imagine this move is going to be permanent.

Philly5

Rookie
When is the last time a young QB with a questionable team didn't hit significant bumps in the road?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Dropped implies "cut" to me too.
Benched. :)

I thought he was cut as well. Dropped has always meant "cut" to me. Never heard it used in this context.

As far as EJ goes, it was obvious he was going to bust. He's an awesome athlete but he's completely lost at the QB position, he has no idea what he's doing. In the NFL being purely athletic doesn't cut it. He still has time to make it up, but I don't think he's ever going to be a good QB.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maybe it's an English thing? Dropped has always been interchangeable with demoted, dropped from one position to a lower position.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Dropped implies "cut" to me too.
Benched. :)

Glad I'm not the only one who opened this thread expecting Manuel to be on the open market haha. My first thoughts were "Damn the Rams should grab him!"

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I too thought it meant cut. As in being dropped from the roster. Perhaps just too ambiguous of a word. Idk good day!

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Bills front office is ......bad/stupid/ incompetent. No way they should have taken Manuel over Geno. Geno on that team would have been a likely playoff team last year maybe and a lock this year. Manuel never had the bottom line trait...... accuracy.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I'd rather have Davis! A strong armed inaccurate QB is the worst of all options at the position. Think Tony Banks!(n)